HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are spot on about the gap between the jaw/neck. Is this not normal for HT? I honestly don't know, this is my first HT figure.

Definitely not normal and not on any other figure I own. What's unfortunate is that it can't be corrected by just tilting the head down because you would literally have to tilt it all the way down.

I would like to also reiterate something about my review. Some people seem to have taken it as a negative, others as a positive, and some for what it is, an abbreviated opinion of the pros and cons of which there are plenty. As I stated, if I was to only own one Indiana Jones figure from what is currently available, this would be the one (despite any likeness issues). Having said that, this certainly isn't the end of what many consider to be an ongoing pursuit of a great Indiana Jones collectible. It's certainly a step in that direction, but the quest continues.

Well put again.

I expect this figure to continue to be heatedly debated because it seems so inconsistent on so many levels with what one expects from HT today.

For me, worst case, this is a solid base to upgrade in the future.

Not even close:

IMG_4490.JPG

Thanks Billy Ray, I can put that idea to bed now.

Solid base almost a hudred dollars more than what we are used to paying? For that price I want more than a base for making me buy more later on to fix their screw ups. They had time to fix a lot more than they did. I'm not trying to knock anyone who is happy with this, honestly not, or deter anyone from buying.

For me? This is not acceptable. If it cost the same I'd still be a little irritated at the lack of effort put into fixing things but for this price and the delays it took? I'm worrying for Hot Toy's future and that they might be going downhill. The recent Christian Bale batman was a huge let down... Sweeny Todd was not one of my favorites, spiderman was an improvement I'll get you that but it's been awhile since i felt the way I did about something like say. T-800.

I want this because it's Indy, not because it's a Hot Toys release, so in that I can justify the shortcomings I suppose.

Does anyone want this just because its a Hot Toys figure??? I think everyone that is buying it is buying it because it Indiana Jones. So far a great looking Jones to say the least.

Well put again.

I expect this figure to continue to be heatedly debated because it seems so inconsistent on so many levels with what one expects from HT today.

For me, worst case, this is a solid base to upgrade in the future.

I agree. I never bought all the diorama's from Sideshow, so for me this was a great price with all that it came with and I'd really like to just be able to swap the head out for something else down the road. I love customs, but when it comes to a franchise I love so much, owning the "official" product always feels good, and I really don't think you could improve much more on this release to ever warrant upgrading again; outside of the sculpt of course.

Lost in all of this recent back-and-forth is the fact that Hot Toys absolutely tweaked the headsculpt from the prototype and what was shown at SDCC. It was only a couple of weeks ago that many were questioning that was the case. Now it seems like a lifetime ago. :lol

Solid base almost a hudred dollars more than what we are used to paying?

You're right, that's a lot for a "base" figure... but I'm so used to upgrading figures now that the idea doesn't scare me off. If a better head comes along in time, its an easy swap out. Anyway, I said that was worst case... I'm still hoping I'll actually like it in hand.

But no, this is no T1 T-800. That one is just outstanding. Hoping Joker and Keaton Bats will be on that level. Sure looks like it. And Sparrow this month too.

When I took these shots I didn't knwo they would come out looking like high school yearbook photos. That's a solid blue background, not sure where the "cloud"came from. Perhaps it's some sort of paranormal entity. Tried to get some different angles, so as to avoid being accused of favoring one nostril or the other.

IMG_4502.JPG

IMG_4505.JPG

IMG_4512.JPG

IMG_4511.JPG

IMG_4520.JPG

IMG_45253.JPG

IMG_45271.JPG

IMG_4530.JPG

IMG_45291.JPG

Solid base almost a hudred dollars more than what we are used to paying? For that price I want more than a base for making me buy more later on to fix their screw ups. They had time to fix a lot more than they did. I'm not trying to knock anyone who is happy with this, honestly not, or deter anyone from buying.

For me? This is not acceptable. If it cost the same I'd still be a little irritated at the lack of effort put into fixing things but for this price and the delays it took? I'm worrying for Hot Toy's future and that they might be going downhill. The recent Christian Bale batman was a huge let down... Sweeny Todd was not one of my:exactly: favorites, spiderman was an improvement I'll get you that but it's been awhile since i felt the way I did about something like say. T-800.

:exactly::goodpost:

One last point on the above:

I did the math because at first I was just going to get parts for the Map Room Indy, but the ebay prices on just the arab outfit, pants, bag, shoes and body would have cost me $198... so I figured I might as well get the whole damn thing. Figured the jacket, hat, staff, shirt, head, pedestal, backdrop, pistols, etc were worth the extra $25.

One last point on the above:

I did the math because at first I was just going to get parts for the Map Room Indy, but the ebay prices on just the arab outfit, pants, bag, shoes and body would have cost me $198... so I figured I might as well get the whole damn thing. Figured the jacket, hat, staff, shirt, head, pedestal, backdrop, pistols, etc were worth the extra $25.

You don't have to justify your decision to purchase this, or anything else for that matter.

Does anyone want this just because its a Hot Toys figure??? I think everyone that is buying it is buying it because it Indiana Jones. So far a great looking Jones to say the least.

Some collectors will buy just about anything HT puts out, like Dastan or Perseus. I'm selective and stick with only characters I love that are also well done. Indy isn't executed as well as most HT figs, but I just happen to love the character more than just about any other, main OT SW characters being the lone exception and possibly Reeve Supes.

No offense but in some angles/lighting...HT Indie looks pretty emo / gay. And again, please don't take offense, I'm merely stating my personal opinion, which I am entitled to have. Think he looks best with his head slightly tilted down, not up.

I feel the same way.:exactly:

hehe...glad I am not the only one. And again, not bashing anyone's photos or the figure itself. I'm very likely going to get it myself, But the sculpt really is quite "interesting" in some of the photos.

Back