HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)-Link to buy from SS in 1st

Does anyone here have the Exclusive Hot Toys Godather and Thriller MJ? I am curious if the fedora from Vito can fit on Mike? Any pics? Thanks!

That fedora is the same fedora as both the bilie Jean figure and the spirt figure. It's too small for the thriller Afro.

Re: HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)-Link to buy from SS in 1st

I think it might just be a repaint. You can see the website of the man responsible here and it makes no mention of sculpting of any kind in his work.

The hair at the fringe seems longer and looking at it closer it looks like he's glued the sculpted hair down and then painted more hair directly on the forehead.

That guy's repaints are amazing. I'd like to see him do more in the 1/6 format and maybe some PF's!

Wow this guys amazingly talented! Hope he repaints more HTs and less dolls in the new future... (for our sake that is!)

I love how this might as well be a photo of Cher, seeing as she's probably more plastic than this doll!

cherlavenderlarge.jpg

his Bella from Twilight looks amazing too. I'd like to see him repaint a Buffy PF or Leia PF.

Seen many Hot Toys products lately?? Take a good close look at The Godfather, the Comedian and Wolverine and you'll be rethinking that statement HT can and has done a lot better!.

Nah, not gonna rethink it at all. I think HT was trying to be politically correct with the MJ sculpt, less freakish to appeal to fans in light of MJ's death (hence the lack of eyeshadow & the smiley expression as opposed to the prototype that had eye shadowing & serious expression)The MJ sculpt has a very clean , detailed nice looking paintjob....but any head out there can look better with an artist's touch.

It was MJ's estate decision to change the head-sculpt to a more happy/smiling MJ, not HT's...

I think it might just be a repaint. You can see the website of the man responsible here and it makes no mention of sculpting of any kind in his work.

The hair at the fringe seems longer and looking at it closer it looks like he's glued the sculpted hair down and then painted more hair directly on the forehead.

I suspect a little photoshop has been used on the final images as well.
I might be wrong, just get that feeling and I'm a pro shopper. Quiet obvious on that Cher doll, unless he gave her real hair eyelashes?!
:rolleyes:

they're not photoshopped, he's just THAT good

I mean, look at this Farrah Fawcett

Farrah_Fawcett_Bust_Repaint_by_noeling.jpg

This guy is a wizard with the brushes :horror:horror Looks like he add real hair to eyelashes. That gives a incredible realism

Gave MJ a new pose....:)

ehis7t.jpg

So I bought a spare Mj head and truetype, and am debating what look I want to go for on this one, so I was hoping I could look to you guys for some suggestions. I have been looking at the available clothing out there, and I just dont know which one to go with because alot of them aren't really all that great. So, thoughts and suggestions?

I suspect a little photoshop has been used on the final images as well.
I might be wrong, just get that feeling and I'm a pro shopper. Quiet obvious on that Cher doll, unless he gave her real hair eyelashes?!
:rolleyes:

I've seen this guy's work in person before, and believe me, no photoshopping necessary. He really is just that good. ;)

Also, guess who won? :D In order to offset some of the cost, I will be selling off the werecat head and possibly also the zombie as soon as it arrives. If anyone thinks they might be interested, do feel free to PM me!

I've seen this guy's work in person before, and believe me, no photoshopping necessary. He really is just that good. ;)

Also, guess who won? :D In order to offset some of the cost, I will be selling off the werecat head and possibly also the zombie as soon as it arrives. If anyone thinks they might be interested, do feel free to PM me!

Post some pics, when u get it!
:chew

That guys got it going on, where can I see some more of his stuff? :monkey5

Wow, Annika!
Did you really got those?
I'd love to get the Werecat eyes version, but I'm sure it would be too rich for my blood... :monkey2...

some of them are great.

But not all!
So everyone guess who this is?

I have no idea who that is. But in fairness, if the guy is only a painter, he has to work with the sculpt he is given.

I have no idea who that is. But in fairness, if the guy is only a painter, he has to work with the sculpt he is given.

True, true, I'm not seriously knocking the guy at all, he is amazingly talented.

Just thought this was funny?

It's Natalie Portman.......:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back