HT original Predator- photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think he's done this kind of thing to people his whole life because that's what he is. and you shouldn't have done any business with him in the first place. lesson learned.

most of us just dunked the head in hot water and reshaped the dreads. seems to work ok.

Thanks. Are we separating the head from the body and doing this? Is the Predator head is it easy to pull off? Couldn't we just use a blow dryer to heat up the dreads instead of placing the head in hot water to reshape them?

Thanks. Are we separating the head from the body and doing this? Is the Predator head is it easy to pull off? Couldn't we just use a blow dryer to heat up the dreads instead of placing the head in hot water to reshape them?

You can use the blowdryer to take the head off. It comes off very easily. A lot easier than the previous Preds because of a new nec post design. Using the hot water method keeps the dreads down. Just blowdryer alone and in a short time the dreads may go back to the way they are now.

Hey baloo I'm the kind of person who knows you can't rush a work of art, but do you think you could give a rough estimate as to when you think your mask will be ready for release?

I'm planning my budget for next year :D

Just have it set aside bro. A lot of times he gets delayed due to lousy weather. And that's really hard to predict. I have money set aside for 2 pieces. That won't get touched until baloo is ready for it. I'm #2 on the list. :D

yeah, you don't wanna get water anywhere near a figure with electronics in it. just pop the head off and dunk it in a bowl of hot clean water for about ten seconds. then pull the dreads down so they're all flat against the sides and back of the head. then wrap it with cloth or a wide rubber band and dunk it in ice water for several minutes. after a while, unwrap it and you'll have to peel the dreads apart from eachother so they don't get stuck all clumped together. let them air dry and pop the head back on the body and you're set.

i wouldn't bother trying it with a hairdryer. i've tried that a few times and it was never successful.

edit - you'll want to take the mandibles off before you do all of that too.
Just have it set aside bro. A lot of times he gets delayed due to lousy weather. And that's really hard to predict. I have money set aside for 2 pieces. That won't get touched until baloo is ready for it. I'm #2 on the list. :D
wait, what are you gonna do with two of 'em?

Hey baloo I'm the kind of person who knows you can't rush a work of art, but do you think you could give a rough estimate as to when you think your mask will be ready for release?

I'm planning my budget for next year :D
One tries to tease the bear? :stick
Mhhhh... Let me think... For summer 2034, around Aug. 15th, just after the 4th shooting star of the night, would that suit you? :lol

... More seriously, as Tim has just explained it partially, I took of the delay for multiple reasons. However I arrive at the end of the defects which I had to catch up, what means that by the end of the week to come, the prototype should be in the hands of Alejandro.
When he will be ready (I think in about 2 weeks, after recieved package :dunno), I shall need another week (may be 2) to fill the first batch of 10 bio-masks. In this, add 2 days of shipping to France, about 4 to Europe, and 11 for the rest of the world.
Not to mention a small break of 5 days (from December 10 to 15) to spend "Christmas" with family in my mother's home so she can see her grand-son.

Hehe... You want it, eh! :lol
... Dooooon't worryyyyy, Tim! :1-1:

HOI!!! what no. am I? :D
For now, you're in 22nd position of pre-registrations, with 2 copies... But it can still move at the time of orders confirmations. :dunno :wink1:

One tries to tease the bear? :stick
Mhhhh... Let me think... For summer 2034, around Aug. 15th, just after the 4th shooting star of the night, would that suit you? :lol

... More seriously, as Tim has just explained it partially, I took of the delay for multiple reasons. However I arrive at the end of the defects which I had to catch up, what means that by the end of the week to come, the prototype should be in the hands of Alejandro.
When he will be ready (I think in about 2 weeks, after recieved package :dunno), I shall need another week (may be 2) to fill the first batch of 10 bio-masks. In this, add 2 days of shipping to France, about 4 to Europe, and 11 for the rest of the world.
Not to mention a small break of 5 days (from December 10 to 15) to spend "Christmas" with family in my mother's home so she can see her grand-son.

Hehe... You want it, eh! :lol
... Dooooon't worryyyyy, Tim! :1-1:

For now, you're in 22nd position of pre-registrations, with 2 copies... But it can still move at the time of orders confirmations. :dunno :wink1:

Wow thanks for the detail baloo! I didn't expect that much detail. Even including your small break which I think doesn't do you justice. But it sounds like it'll be ready by late December or Early Jan 2011.

Ehhh no.22 is okay I guess. So long as I can FINALLY get my hands on it! I'll buy 2 from you as well for sure!

No, no, I have still yet posted any lists. But I'm not sure this is the best place to do it... As I am not sure this is already the moment, because as I've said repeatedly, the rates will be confirmed when I shall have ended the first duplicated mask, in order to assess exactly the time spent to make it. Depending on what, everyone will be able to ask, pics supporting, any particular option, given its cost.

I think this is the fairest approach for all, given that everyone hadn't the same resources.

Of course any suggestion is welcome...
Do you think, buddies, that I should create a thread "For Sale / Trade" now?
Personally, I feel it's still early, but I could be wrong... :dunno

No, no, I have still yet posted any lists. But I'm not sure this is the best place to do it... As I am not sure this is already the moment, because as I've said repeatedly, the rates will be confirmed when I shall have ended the first duplicated mask, in order to assess exactly the time spent to make it. Depending on what, everyone will be able to ask, pics supporting, any particular option, given its cost.

I think this is the fairest approach for all, given that everyone hadn't the same resources.

Of course any suggestion is welcome...
Do you think, buddies, that I should create a thread "For Sale / Trade" now?
Personally, I feel it's still early, but I could be wrong... :dunno

just create a new thread over at the customs section. And people could get the updates, lists etc all over there at 1 place. my 2 c.

Patience is the word here I agree. I'm sure our friend Baloo needs the time to make the perfect ultimate mask :)

Thanks baloo. No matter to me if you create one now or later. I was simply asking because it looked like some people were talking about what order they were in the list.

Again, no worries bro. Do whatever feels right to you. All I need to know is when to pay you. :)

Attachments

• ds.jpg
    ds.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 2
Anybody know what's the safest way to remove the shoulder/chest armor? Out of the box my P1 couldn't move his left arm back further than straight down, something in his shoulder is blocking the movement, so I finally decided that I want to take the arm/joint apart and fix it, since this is really limiting his poseability. I'm guessing I have to remove one of the straps on the front of the armor and reglue it when I reattach it later on, but I'm not sure so I thought I'd ask here first. Any suggestions?

Back