HT original Predator- photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did the dread mod, and I think he looks better with it!!! Sorry for the quick pics but have to feed this damn cat.......

Photo0924_EDIT.jpg

Photo0925_EDIT.jpg

attachment.php

Caved in and bought him at Frank and Son on Wednesday. Amazing fig! Cost me a quite a bit... but it was certainly worth it!

I'd like to do the dread mod, but I'm a little worried about removing the head. I'm assuming it's the just the same as Lost, seeing as how they share the same body, I believe.

attachment.php

Caved in and bought him at Frank and Son on Wednesday. Amazing fig! Cost me a quite a bit... but it was certainly worth it!

I'd like to do the dread mod, but I'm a little worried about removing the head. I'm assuming it's the just the same as Lost, seeing as how they share the same body, I believe.

Congrats!!! You don't gave to take the head off. Who there was selling one???

Rzeznikk, darthjuan...care to divulge a tutorial of how you guys did it?

I know some have stated in this thread how they did it, I just don't want to search 400 pages and also the search ain't functioning properly.

I've always wanted to do the mod, but have been reluctant. Lately though I've found myself much more into modding and customizing my figures with confidence.

Great pose^ Thats one to keep in mind.

Thanks.

I know some have stated in this thread how they did it, I just don't want to search 400 pages and also the search ain't functioning properly.

I've always wanted to do the mod, but have been reluctant. Lately though I've found myself much more into modding and customizing my figures with confidence.

The way I was told and what I did: Each dread has a natural curve/curl to it. But they are curved back. What I did was pull each individual dread out of their sockets, turn them slightly so the curve goes forward and super glue them back in. NOTE: The larger dreads will tear inside the socket, dont be alarmed when this happens, since when you glue them back in, it wont be noticeable. The total time spent doing the mod was less than an hour. Hope that helps. :)

I did the Hot water, Cold water method.

Took a long twisty tie from one of my kids toys. Try and not to use a colored one because the color might stain the dread. Make sure you have a pot of boiling water and a pot of cold water ready. Put the dreads how you want them. Then tie it around his head. Dip his head in the boiling water for around 20-25 seconds then dip his head again in the cold water for 20-25 seconds to. Then I threw him in the freezer for a couple of minutes. Left the twisty tie on for 10 mins then took it off. It does make a diffrence.

I think most people have abandoned such mods in favour of buying the custom masks of Tayler Durdum or Baloo.

Not sure if the dreads mod is directly related to the masks - the dreads need to look good with mask on and off. I'm buying the Baloo mask and already have the TD one, but still getting my dreads done

I think that a-dev was talking about what Mookeylama had said concerning Dremeling out the interior of the HT mask, you know.

And you will have it, Sergiu, you will have it, hehe! :D

Back