HT original Predator- photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The way I was told and what I did: Each dread has a natural curve/curl to it. But they are curved back. What I did was pull each individual dread out of their sockets, turn them slightly so the curve goes forward and super glue them back in. NOTE: The larger dreads will tear inside the socket, dont be alarmed when this happens, since when you glue them back in, it wont be noticeable. The total time spent doing the mod was less than an hour. Hope that helps. :)

Nicely done! TFS! :peace

No, not yet. When I get to it, I think I'll just do the hair dryer mod. The other method... eh, I dunno.. I guess I'm just too lazy to do all that :lol

That one's nice and easy and makes the figure look fathoms better. Plus, you're less likely to damage something. Just use a nice long twist tie to hold em down. If you use a rubber band, or something that digs into them too tightly, then it will screw up the outer dreads.

I recently did the dread mod with a rubber band and it looks 100 times better. I'm considering doing the same for Pred 2

I recently did the dread mod with a rubber band and it looks 100 times better. I'm considering doing the same for Pred 2

Use cloth instead of rubber band. Rubber bands leaves marks on the dreads. I did the hot water mod on all of my preds. Your P2 will look tons better after the mod. Check out mine.

TDP2b.jpg
TDP2a.jpg

Use cloth instead of rubber band. Rubber bands leaves marks on the dreads. I did the hot water mod on all of my preds. Your P2 will look tons better after the mod. Check out mine.

It was a rubber band with cloth over it, I got it from my girlfriend.

I think most people have abandoned such mods in favour of buying the custom masks of Tayler Durdum or Baloo.

perhaps, but if i recall TD's does not light up, and Baloo's is about $200 for a completed, shipped mask. seems like a Dremel mod is a feasible option. pretty sure i read way back about some having luck w/ hollowing the HT out. anyone have any info on that? thanks

Maybe I should look at getting one of those fake logs/folliage from petsmart...nothing huge. I always wanted to replicate the scene where he is looking for Dutch right after he gets out of the water and he is standing on the logs...

Back