HT The Dark Knight New Costume PHOTO Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Dark Knight New Costume PHOTO Thread.

I'm wondering. Is there a good way to clean this thing that won't harm the suit? The rubber makes it a bit of a dust magnet, and said dust tends to stick.

Finally got time to take some pics of my collection. There's more in my new blog https://danntoys.blogspot.com/
BM_3.jpg

BM_5.jpg

BW_1.jpg

Nice pics! Though, after going to your site, I really love this photo (below in link) and am really curious how you achieved it (as I assume something aside from the actual supplied hands by Hot Toys achieved this great look of Batman spreading out his cape):

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/_tTeAHZDseys/Sb1cWa0FJYI/AAAAAAAAAUw/tB3sfswCJ6Q/s1600-h/BM_4.jpg

Here's the pic. I didn't use anything extra, right hand can hold the cape as if holding a batrang, and the left one can hold it between the pinky finger. Cape has no wires.

BM_4.jpg

Hey guys! Just got the figure from UPS today and boy, am I amazed! Just got one question though - are the ankles supposed to be as tight as let's say, the BR Joker? They're kind of loose and was just wondering. Thanks.

Here's the pic. I didn't use anything extra, right hand can hold the cape as if holding a batrang, and the left one can hold it between the pinky finger. Cape has no wires.

BM_4.jpg

Another question...how did you replicate the impression of Batman posing for a promo shot with the all white background? Is this photo shopped, or you have some sort of mini studio which you take pics of your 1/6 figs?

i think i see a peg in the boot.....:monkey2

Well that can happen too, if the end of his calf has a hole, you just need to gently pop the peg inside his boot into that hole in the calf. The peg has a ball on both ends, one goes into the calf the other the ankle, you can detach a foot by popping the peg out of the ankle or the calf.

I just got it in by shoving basically...lol. Now, if I put it in wrong, would it have popped in? Or should I be okay? Plus, do you have any tips for swapping heads and hands on this guy since many people have been having problems with it.

Just heat the hands or head up (whichever you are changing). Some use a hair dryer, others use hot water to warm it up. It causes the heads or hands to expand a bit and they are easier to remove. I have used hot water on my figures and it has worked great. The key thing is to try not to force it too much as that may break it.

BM_4.jpg

Forgive me, but I am so stealing this pose.

Another question...how did you replicate the impression of Batman posing for a promo shot with the all white background? Is this photo shopped, or you have some sort of mini studio which you take pics of your 1/6 figs?

I took the pictures in my bedroom, next to my window. Used a white paperboard for the background, a tripod and a mirror to have a softer light on the other side. I also used a Cannon A520 camera. Photoshopped only to adjust levels.

Back