HT The Dark Knight New Costume PHOTO Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Dark Knight New Costume PHOTO Thread.

Until medicom shows something worth seeing, i'm quite content with my Hot Toys, to me it doesn't get much better:
httdkposter.jpg

Im know he's not worried about being replaced anytime soon...

Last edited:

Very cool, Magnuz!

3351703442_deca403ea0_b.jpg

3350911797_1f6a0d9e86_b.jpg

3350946997_8295911ae6_b.jpg

Last edited:

The fancy soft ones? buddylee https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/member.php?u=2946

Probably better to ask Dally, he's threaded the plastic nibs to the cape if I remember correctly.

Ahhh ok, thanks.

I have a Buddy Lee cape for both versions if anybody wants to buy them? I dont think I am gonna change mine out.

THANKS

Even better. THanks ! PM to you !

Correct. Its very easy, just snip the threads connecting the clips to the old cape and then sew them on to the new cape.

Man I got no skills ! Hope I can make it work ! :sick

The Buddy Lee capes sure are stunning! So soft and drapes so lovely.

So glad I bought these, as the stock Hot Toys cape on mine is so badly creased.

As MaulFan had said I think it looks better with the short version, and since everyone seems to have posted the long cape version. I'll post the short version of Buddy Lee's.

I remember one or two saying they didn't like the look how it was somewhat shiny. If you have the fabric on hand, and look closely. One side is shiny, the other is matte. Shiny on the inside matte on the outside.

3360125022_7ccf4520b3_b.jpg

3360125034_1701830aa7_b.jpg

3360125040_6c3b45afdd_b.jpg

WOW!! That short version looks incredible! Are these still available? Sent Buddylee a PM

Also - does the back of the short cape come cut in the V like shown in your pic or did you cut that out yourself?

Thanks!

As MaulFan had said I think it looks better with the short version, and since everyone seems to have posted the long cape version. I'll post the short version of Buddy Lee's.

I remember one or two saying they didn't like the look how it was somewhat shiny. If you have the fabric on hand, and look closely. One side is shiny, the other is matte. Shiny on the inside matte on the outside.

Sweet pics Vodoun. Excellent cape & I like how the grapler gun is on the side of Bat's belt! :D

Last edited:

WOW!! That short version looks incredible! Are these still available? How do I conctact this buddylee?

Also, does the back come cut in the V shape or did you do that yourself?

Thanks!

I asked Buddy Lee to cut the V for me, so it was film accurate. That bugged me so much with the Hot Toys stock cape.

That really flows nicely ! Can't wait to put on on mine !

WOW nice Pics Magnuz and Vodoun!!!

Wish they were wallpapers :D

I am having a hard time with the cape hooks on mine. Vodoun yours look so somooth. Now I know it is the Buddy Lee version but you used the same hooks... RIght???

Nope, I actually used small bits of cardboard shaped like flaps, same diameter or length rather as the plastic clips but cut wide enough for a perfect snug fit in the slot holes so it wouldn't be pulled out. Still easy enough to take it off the figure.

I also used small bits of double-sided tape to stick them to the cloth and gently wedge it in with the fabric wrapped around the front ends of the cardboard.

Nope, I actually used small bits of cardboard shaped like flaps, same diameter or length rather as the plastic clips but cut wide enough for a perfect snug fit in the slot holes so it wouldn't be pulled out. Still easy enough to take it off the figure.

I also used small bits of double-sided tape to stick them to the cloth and gently wedge it in with the fabric wrapped around the front ends of the cardboard.

If its not to much to ask could you show a picture?

I appreciate the response.

I'll try and get something up later, no promises though. It's not hard to do. It's like gift wrapping but with double-sided tape over the cardboard with fabric.

I don't feel like taking it back off as it's sitting perfectly. :)

dscf5856.jpg

It's not hard to work out where to put the tape, on the top area only and edges, that I tucked around the area and then inserted into the slots just like the plastic. Which this was way easier and required no effort. Just the effort of futzing for it to sit correctly.

I love how the light catches the cowl, yet some people say it's not that good.

3360480269_3216067930.jpg

Back