HT The Dark Knight New Costume PHOTO Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Dark Knight New Costume PHOTO Thread.

tdkkotopose.jpg

Nice pose :clap

That's just an amazing pose; how could u get your batman's arm to stretch up so high like that?

If you hold the shoulder pad so it's not pulling against the arm and raise the arm carefully and then gently let the shoulder pad down onto the arm you can do much more. The elastic of the shoulders pads and the rubber resist movement in certain directions in the arms until you ease the shoulder pads off and decrease that resistance.

If you hold the shoulder pad so it's not pulling against the arm and raise the arm carefully and then gently let the shoulder pad down onto the arm you can do much more. The elastic of the shoulders pads and the rubber resist movement in certain directions in the arms until you ease the shoulder pads off and decrease that resistance.

Thanks for the reply MaulFan; I could only manage to get batman's arm to raise as high as this:
PCS005.jpg

O well, i guess some people (like me) have no skills in posing figures lol; but I am learning. Incidentally; anyone here has any tips, for posing batman in a crouching position? (and look natural), I've tried a few times, but the rubber suit just refused to cooperate.

haha, yeah i don't know how some people pull off the crazy poses. I often find the same, my movements are limited no matter how carefully i position the joints. It just feels like its not gunna go any more

haha, yeah i don't know how some people pull off the crazy poses. I often find the same, my movements are limited no matter how carefully i position the joints. It just feels like its not gunna go any more

Exactly how I feel!

same as me! it sucks so badly!

Technically its more than just lifting the pad and posing the arm, because the tightness of the pad and the suit will force the shoulder back down if you try to raise it up its normal way, what i had to do was lift the pad, and slowly rotate the shoulder ball inside the suit around so it was upside down (these shoulders dont lift straight up so when its upside down the arm wont go all the way down), once i had it upside down i can raise the arm as high as that pose has then lay the pad down, its not easy and can be tedious, both in doing it and then putting it back but it can be done.

As with anything with these figures, the body is there to be posed, it just requires working with the body IN the suit, requires some fussing and futzing and work.

I got two batches of Batman, first and one more a few months ago. There is no difference whatsoever in the body or rubber suit.

But there is the slight curious difference on the head. The second batch head is slightly wider. Of course, this could be due to manufacturing tolerence.

Sadly, I cannot post picture of these two for comparison as I have already sold the first batch batman.

Technically its more than just lifting the pad and posing the arm, because the tightness of the pad and the suit will force the shoulder back down if you try to raise it up its normal way, what i had to do was lift the pad, and slowly rotate the shoulder ball inside the suit around so it was upside down (these shoulders dont lift straight up so when its upside down the arm wont go all the way down), once i had it upside down i can raise the arm as high as that pose has then lay the pad down, its not easy and can be tedious, both in doing it and then putting it back but it can be done.

As with anything with these figures, the body is there to be posed, it just requires working with the body IN the suit, requires some fussing and futzing and work.

Rotating the shoulder joint without being able to see it sounds tough, I'm afraid I might force it the wrong way and snap it.

That's one limit with the TT I don't like, the arms don't go as high as a human's can unless you do as you mentioned.

Although Medi's TDK is pretty sweet, and the rumored MMSDX-02 TDK might be sweeter, I still love my HT TDK, here's some pics of mine; just sharing the love.
NOTE: the pictures are "stylized" because they look terrible otherwise, taken with my iPhone. Anyway, just for fun, enjoy.

zz008.jpg

zz016.jpg

zz018.jpg

zz021.jpg

zz026.jpg

Last edited:

Of course you should love it, why not? Just because Medi FINALLY comes out with a normal looking figure doesn't mean this one is obsolete. This is still an excellent piece.

Of course you should love it, why not? Just because Medi FINALLY comes out with a normal looking figure doesn't mean this one is obsolete. This is still an excellent piece.

You speak the TRUTH!

Yup, it's inaccurrate, but accurracy and quality aren'y synonymous, only in the owner's eyes. It's a very well made and nice looking figure. It's not a great replica out of the film, but it's a badass figure.

Of course I say this, and depending on how DX turns out, I'll become disinterested in this one :lol I defended the Takara Batman a lot for still being nice when the HT Begins v2 debuted, but once I got it in my hands I found issues with the Takara I just couldn't look past, but this and DX may not be so far apart as to feel so strong a difference.

You speak the TRUTH!

Yup, it's inaccurrate, but accurracy and quality aren'y synonymous, only in the owner's eyes. It's a very well made and nice looking figure. It's not a great replica out of the film, but it's a badass figure.

Of course I say this, and depending on how DX turns out, I'll become disinterested in this one :lol I defended the Takara Batman a lot for still being nice when the HT Begins v2 debuted, but once I got it in my hands I found issues with the Takara I just couldn't look past, but this and DX may not be so far apart as to feel so strong a difference.

:rock:rock:rock

Its funny you bring up the Takara :D I couldn't believe the lengths I went to in getting that bad boy. I tryed to keep it but his waiste was just too damn small! :D

:rock:rock:rock

Its funny you bring up the Takara :D I couldn't believe the lengths I went to in getting that bad boy. I tryed to keep it but his waiste was just too damn small! :D

I like his physique, that and his cape were the 2 big factors I promoted it still having value with the new HT, and I still like those aspects, BUT, HT's construction is so much better, the gauntlet/sleeve aspect of HT is so much better done than Takara, it annoys me so much on the tak figure, and the Hasbro quality of the portrait is hard to be ok with when the HT heads have such a realism. So, looking more like a toy and having construction issues outweighs the aesthetic with me. The construction didn't bother me at first because it seemed like the best you could do and when HT proved that wrong, I could no longer accept.

Wow ! Alot of people used to say the Takara was the best BB piece before.

I just picked one up rather cheaply to add that costume to my shelf. WOnder if that was a mistake.

Although Medi's TDK is pretty sweet, and the rumored MMSDX-02 TDK might be sweeter, I still love my HT TDK, here's some pics of mine; just sharing the love.
NOTE: the pictures are "stylized" because they look terrible otherwise, taken with my iPhone. Anyway, just for fun, enjoy.

zz016.jpg

Cool pose. Also love how you've futzed the stock cape.

Cool pose. Also love how you've futzed the stock cape.

Thank you; I just pushed both cape clips all the way in, not a lot of futzing.
Strangely, Instead of having trouble putting on the cape properly, like some people; I have trouble taking it off lol. The cape clip on his right shoulder is completely stuck, I pulled hard, it still wouldn't come off, had I pulled any harder, I would've ripped it.

Back