Iconiq Studios + TBLeague : Street Fighter 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Ioniq's is based on the SF5 version then I'm not sure I'm gonna like that headsculpt or proportions as much as the Star Man or Playtoy versions.

star man chun li 446983688_7542185209228321_7566435871145504805_n.jpg

star man chun li 135939k18mxm21y1ogg11y.jpg

I think it depends on which era of games you have a bigger attachment to. I played mostly the sprite based games, which leaned more realistic. That's why these 3rd party releases appeal to me more.

I might try and track down the super duck Ryu set or just say screw it and print and paint my own sculpt and create the gi. Can't be that hard.

Do we know if Iconiq will have multiple outfits? If it's only the Classic Qipao I might be ordering the Alpha version by Star Man from OSK. The Play Toy Battle version looks great, especially the body, but it's too awkward without the correct hair imo.

Definitely, for those who value keeping with the SF 5 aesthetic, IconiQ version is the definitive choice to go. As for myself, I already stated I am not the biggest fan of those proportions so, it is going to have to be a really special release for me to drop the money for it. I will possibly have three Chun-Li's by the time IconiQ showcases theirs and I don't man, having a 4th which would look similar 2 of my 3 figures makes me hesitant to pick up another. I am confident she will come with what we expect from them: alternate head sculpt, custom body, an effect piece, base, etc. etc. To elevate it further, I do think additional outfits is something they should look into. Chun-Li has roughly 19 separate costumes and an assortment of colors for each one, so there are a lot of choices for them to go for. Do you guys have any favorite looks from SF 5?

Chun-Li - SF V Costumes

If we were to continue seeing more characters in SF 5 I would like to see on the guys side: Guile, Sagat, and Zangief. On the female side: C. Viper, Ibuki, Juri

Lastly, I had a random thought about all these Chun-Li figures. I remember way back when the SM and PT versions were first announced, Kit did not have them up for preorder and it may have been stated was a special arrangement with IconiQ to hold off on Chun-Li specifically. Now, fast forward to the present this has changed. I wonder if there was a statute of limitations or something or since IconiQ's Chun-Li appears to be in a state of pre-order limbo, Kit had to move on.

Aight, I caved and ordered the Alpha Chun Li by Star Man on OSK. Like someone else said, if Iconiq does make theirs, I'll at least have two different outfit options! Looks like the one I ordered is a second batch though, not to be released for a few months

Definitely, for those who value keeping with the SF 5 aesthetic, IconiQ version is the definitive choice to go. As for myself, I already stated I am not the biggest fan of those proportions so, it is going to have to be a really special release for me to drop the money for it. I will possibly have three Chun-Li's by the time IconiQ showcases theirs and I don't man, having a 4th which would look similar 2 of my 3 figures makes me hesitant to pick up another. I am confident she will come with what we expect from them: alternate head sculpt, custom body, an effect piece, base, etc. etc. To elevate it further, I do think additional outfits is something they should look into. Chun-Li has roughly 19 separate costumes and an assortment of colors for each one, so there are a lot of choices for them to go for. Do you guys have any favorite looks from SF 5?

Chun-Li - SF V Costumes

If we were to continue seeing more characters in SF 5 I would like to see on the guys side: Guile, Sagat, and Zangief. On the female side: C. Viper, Ibuki, Juri

Lastly, I had a random thought about all these Chun-Li figures. I remember way back when the SM and PT versions were first announced, Kit did not have them up for preorder and it may have been stated was a special arrangement with IconiQ to hold off on Chun-Li specifically. Now, fast forward to the present this has changed. I wonder if there was a statute of limitations or something or since IconiQ's Chun-Li appears to be in a state of pre-order limbo, Kit had to move on.
As far as favorite Chun-li outfits, it'd have to be the Battle, Story, Nostalgia and Vacation! As far as characters I want from IconiQ, it'd have to be Juri, Sagat, Poison, Battle Costume Menat, Vega, Laura, Zangief, R. Mika, Balrog, Cammy, Dhalsim and Sakura! But damn, all those characters I want, I'd probably be in my 80's by the time I actually got em all😭😭😭

Attachments

• featured-vega-2.jpg
    featured-vega-2.jpg
    333.4 KB
  • sakura-and-sagat-headline-street-fighter-5-season-three-dlc-characters-1512983713990.png
    sakura-and-sagat-headline-street-fighter-5-season-three-dlc-characters-1512983713990.png
    2 MB
  • 1_pxT9yXCqMUPgjWcO_2Fqtw.jpg
    1_pxT9yXCqMUPgjWcO_2Fqtw.jpg
    86 KB
  • volta-studio-dhalsim01.jpg
    volta-studio-dhalsim01.jpg
    453.8 KB
  • EEMucKFXoAAPupm.jpeg
    EEMucKFXoAAPupm.jpeg
    269.5 KB
  • zangief_super.png
    zangief_super.png
    1.2 MB
  • cmy.png
    cmy.png
    93.7 KB
  • 10.13-Win-Pose.jpg
    10.13-Win-Pose.jpg
    448.4 KB
  • R-Mika.jpg
    R-Mika.jpg
    49.4 KB
  • menat-1024x576.jpg
    menat-1024x576.jpg
    82.8 KB
  • sfs_juri.png
    sfs_juri.png
    661.6 KB
  • chara_33.png
    chara_33.png
    464.2 KB
  • bruno-peschiera-clee3.jpg
    bruno-peschiera-clee3.jpg
    324.7 KB
  • download-1.jpeg
    download-1.jpeg
    162.9 KB
  • maxresdefault-3.jpg
    maxresdefault-3.jpg
    106.1 KB
  • tumblr_c62de897f10b80e7f994530c0c189cc1_b8b98643_1280.jpg
    tumblr_c62de897f10b80e7f994530c0c189cc1_b8b98643_1280.jpg
    326.4 KB
The way things are looking right now Iconiq isn't gonna make it to Chun Li. I'm getting really close to just canceling my Akuma pre-order.

Anyone know if I can still get iconiq studio Ryu for a decent price? I missed it and can’t seems to find it anywhere now :( eBay is selling 3 times the retail price, I really can’t stomach the markup.

View attachment 705935

Is this an entirely new body from Playtoy? The shoulders seem more defined in this version, also not sure if the first iteration had it, but seamless feet?? 😲
Yes, the seamless feet is something you rarely see but, has been done before by TBleague, VeryCool (VCD02) and PDToys (which also has seamless wrists and movable fingers). I hope Play Toy update the listing to have the correct hairstyle and the white wristlets with gold spike accents given to on the black dress model. It does seem like a rushed released given the popularity of these Chun-Li figures but, IMO it would be in their best interest to remedy these inaccuracies.

Received the Playtoy Chun-li the other day, excuse the not too great photos as I was in abit of a rush.

First impressions, she feels quite nice and I love the dark blue dress, her arms and thighs are thicker than the Starman version, also stands a little shorter. The white hair buns are also better made and the magnets are stronger so wont fall off as easy.
20240607_180024.jpg

20240607_180242.jpg

20240607_180553.jpg

20240607_180605.jpg

20240607_191330.jpg

Some minor gripes, the Playtoy ankles are really weak, she has a problem standing on her own. Dunno if its my copy but it would be nice to see if other collectors have the same problem with the weak ankles. Posing wise she feels not as flexible as the Starman, the elbows however are better made and has thicker silicone to not show the metal frame underneath which was an issue with the Starman.

I unfortunately also got a paint scuff on my Chun-li's face and white bun, Kinda sucks but I think it was due to the white buns becoming loose during transit and probably scratched itself.

Long story short, I think Playtoy is better to look at and looks more expensive to me. But the Starman is the much better figure to pose and can stand unsupported.

Last edited:
Back