InArt: 1/6 Superman (Cavill)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly don't mind the "influencer"/reviewer batch. It helps ease the tension of opening the product blind and not knowing what I'm going to be getting myself into. Especially something that I paid a significant amount of money to have.

I appreciate the reviewers who actually test the limits of the figures and accessories too.

I can understand, that they ship out batches to content creators to push the inart brand and hopefully gain preorders for other figures.

What I don’t understand is the huge time delay between those „influencer batches“ and batches for paying customers.
Yeah it's mainly this. I have no problem with them sending figures out for review ahead of time. It's a common practice. What they need to eliminate is the wait time between those review photos/videos and when the actual batches to customers ship out.

If you can't eliminate that gap time then tell your "influencers" to not post review photos/videos until you're ready to ship out the first actual batch of figures. Give your customers the illusion, if you must, that when they see review photos/videos, the figure is actually starting to ship out. It feels a lot better to see review photos/videos and then a week later see Kit sending out actual invoices.

Isn't the influencer batch just maybe a few dozen figures? I don't know, even if they send those out to non-influencers, that's only a few people. I don't think eliminating the influencer batch would make the thousands of figures from the main batches ship faster, especially since they appear to ship as they are being finished. I'm used to seeing someone get the figure before I do since even customer batches have huge gaps between them, and Aragorn actually shipped very quickly after the influencer batch, so I'm not worried about it.

Last edited:
They only use the term because that’s what these guys on YouTube have called themselves. It’s such a stupid term. John mentioned once that they have VIPs who get the product in China as well, and I think that’s a better suited term instead of “influencers”…
I mean...they're definitely "influencing" some folks here to complain and whine about it..

Yup, been the same complaint for me that the gap is too far apart. We’re talking 3-4 months or more.

It should be one month max before they send it out to suppliers first batch even if it’s a small amount. No amount of “influencing” is gonna let anyone buy a sold out figure. Unless they want to buy scalper prices.

Back