InArt: 1/6 Superman (Cavill)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
InArt Supes in the house!

IMG0554.jpeg

IMG0555.jpeg

Last edited:
Idk what’s the huge hang up with the color of the cape.. IMO, they based the figure off the BTS/prop suit and didn’t go off how it looks like in post with all the color grading.

Me personally, I’ll always ask for screen accuracy if I were given the option as I wanted the cape to be darker too, but that would’ve also meant the body suit would’ve needed to be darker as well.

When comparing to select BvS BTS images and taking certain lighting into account, the cape is more of a color match to the piping detail on the boots and not the darker red of the boots themselves. In that sense, the INART figure pretty much got it right.

I personally think the primary reason why the cape seems so bright is because it doesn’t have the reflective sheen properties as much, but I bet it’s one of those things that can’t be replicated in 1/6 100%.

99F4AB4E-4D49-4A5D-A611-5920D5B7B00D.jpeg
A8D86D76-525F-4848-A2CC-A385E786A4DD.jpeg

Yeah, I'm not a fan of companies going for how figures and vehicles looked in real life. Much prefer it when they replicate what's shown on screen.

I wouldn't mind the suit being darker as well but I can live with it. The cape is just too much for my liking, however.

I get that. I just think going for a darker red cape paired with existing shade of blue will drift into inaccurate territory, but that’s just me! :dance
It technically will, yeah. I'll have to see this in hand to make a final decision. Maybe I'll find I can live with it as is.

Colour can be subjective and a lot depends on source material, so I'm never too hung up about getting an exact match. Cut and fit though...well something is either the correct shape or it isn't.

Colour can be subjective and a lot depends on source material, so I'm never too hung up about getting an exact match. Cut and fit though...well something is either the correct shape or it isn't.
Exactly. I wouldn't be surprised if half the arguments here over the years simply come down to the settings on peoples PC monitors :ROFLMAO:

Back