InArt Daenerys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, we'll have to wait for the next wave of hype for any more GoT figures.

I'm not even certain Daenerys is very high on InArt's list... and she may well get cut before she's finished if they acquire licenses that sell better. They don't seem shy about cutting promised figures.
I'm going to take a guess that Dany (and maybe Jon Snow?) are simply feelers to see if there's even any interest in Game of Thrones at this point. And I think WBD would probably rather license out House of the Dragon since that's the relevant IP now, so InArt probably wants to see if people even want more Targaryen stuff first. If Daenerys doesn't sell, Daemon certainly won't.

I'm going to take a guess that Dany (and maybe Jon Snow?) are simply feelers to see if there's even any interest in Game of Thrones at this point. And I think WBD would probably rather license out House of the Dragon since that's the relevant IP now, so InArt probably wants to see if people even want more Targaryen stuff first. If Daenerys doesn't sell, Daemon certainly won't.
They said HotD is definitely not in the cards. GoT will always be more relevant than HotD, especially after S2 too imo

They said HotD is definitely not in the cards. GoT will always be more relevant than HotD, especially after S2 too imo
I mean, I couldn't agree with you more, but it's not always up to the merchandisers. Sometimes the licensors will flex their muscle and demand certain things get made. Maybe not specific characters, WBD might say they want HotD made because it's on the air now.

Then again, with WBD hemorrhaging money these days, I can't imagine they're in much of a position to turn down any revenue.

I mean, I couldn't agree with you more, but it's not always up to the merchandisers. Sometimes the licensors will flex their muscle and demand certain things get made. Maybe not specific characters, WBD might say they want HotD made because it's on the air now.

Then again, with WBD hemorrhaging money these days, I can't imagine they're in much of a position to turn down any revenue.
And I’d assume WB knows there’s more revenue to be had with GoT. It’s GoT lol.

INART also has a say too, imo. Idk, but I’ve never been of the belief that the licensors strong-arm companies to do whatever they want.

Don't underestimate the ability of WBD to be stupid.
Well, Disney hasn’t strong-armed Hot Toys to do figures from schlock like recent MCU and SW entries, and WB isn’t that stupid as Disney given prior history.

The companies have a say too. There’s contracts. It’s a business relationship.

Gimme these at least.

CE1102A4-53D4-426F-94A1-0087B20B784F.jpeg

Back