InArt - Hermione Granger 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far these figures aren’t lighting anyone’s a***s on fire…so I need to ask:

Is the entire HP IP not attractive to a 1/6 collector? Or is it just the 1st year age and many here are waiting for the older version of the trio?

As far as 1/6 collectors go, there was a healthy buzz on here for the early Star Ace figures. But that was nine years ago and the first few releases were consistently $300 cheaper than Inart’s - so easier to collect as a line and less of a financial commitment. When the quality of the figures started to fall off the enthusiasm on here reduced, and it’s hard to be sure how the line sold - it continued on for a while but it’s also possible that the slipping quality of the figures reflected a lack of financial return, and the runs might have been smaller.

As for the Inart figures, they’re much better than Star Ace’s but the price and exclusivity of them makes it less likely to see them in Harry Potter pop-up shops/Warner Bros’ merchandise shops etc (unlike some of Star Ace’s early figures). The lack of a global license could be an issue too. Plus the high price could be more likely to turn off Potter fans new to the hobby who might just be interested in dabbling enough to get Harry or the trio. Plus as Gipetto said, maybe it’s just not the kind of thing the average HP fan is interested in getting. Plus there are still questions of how much cross-generational appeal the license actually has - perhaps it doesn’t align especially well with collector demographics or HP fan demographics, compared to the obvious cash cow lines like Marvel and Star Wars, or even DC and LOTR.

I dunno, when I think Harry Potter, I think the kids. I was about their age when the movie came out, so that's the image that's solidified in my mind.

Plus the series peaked with Azkaban anyways so I'd rather capture that 1-3 film ambiance on my shelf.

Potterheads are generally pretty... interesting people. Much like Whovians and Disney adults. I generally don't talk a lot about having some enjoyment from these properties because you instantly get lumped in with "those" folks.

InArts interest in these characters, and the line itself, I think is more in line with what captured me as a kid. The effort to encompass the feel of magic in that first film is pretty present with these figures, it's not just merch to buy merch, which is where I feel a LOT of Potter stuff lands. The "iM a RaVenClaW what arE yoU look at mY deaThly HallOws TattoOo!" type merch, much like the Disney adult targeted stuff, seems to be peak money maker for the property.

I dunno, when I think Harry Potter, I think the kids. I was about their age when the movie came out, so that's the image that's solidified in my mind.

Plus the series peaked with Azkaban anyways so I'd rather capture that 1-3 film ambiance on my shelf.

Potterheads are generally pretty... interesting people. Much like Whovians and Disney adults. I generally don't talk a lot about having some enjoyment from these properties because you instantly get lumped in with "those" folks.

InArts interest in these characters, and the line itself, I think is more in line with what captured me as a kid. The effort to encompass the feel of magic in that first film is pretty present with these figures, it's not just merch to buy merch, which is where I feel a LOT of Potter stuff lands. The "iM a RaVenClaW what arE yoU look at mY deaThly HallOws TattoOo!" type merch, much like the Disney adult targeted stuff, seems to be peak money maker for the property.
Completely agree, couldn't say it better myself.

I kind of feel like Harry Potter/Wizarding World fans are a bit more casual in terms of what they collect and there might not be a ton of crossover between those fans and those who also collect sixth scale.

I’ve only ordered Harry so far but likely will get Ron and Hermione soon.

$10 off: williahg
onesixthkit
(1min20s mark)
1717825466548.png

I applaud IA for taking the risk by literally starting where it all began…but feel bad because…well, look at the page count 😅😅

No one gives a **** 😢
I guess we could just start endlessly sharing random customs and arguing about stuff, or turn this thread into a therapy session like other InArt threads are doing. Anyone wanna have a debate on Rowling’s politics?

That should bump the page count… until it all gets removed.

I just don’t think there’s much to discuss.
I’m buying the whole deluxe trio, I’ll very much enjoy admiring them when they arrive, look forward to seeing Hermione’s seamless knees; other than that, I’m just constantly waiting for them to release.

I also think due to their simple or less involved nature, the outfits aren’t as inviting of scrutiny as the likes of Aragorn, Joker, Paul, Batman etc. so we’ve clearly all just accepted them as being spot on and without cause for criticism.

At this point, HP is just a staple of many of my similar aged peer’s childhoods and is worthy of high end representation in the collection. @DioramaMaker hit the nail on the head, and I agree that PoA is the chef’s kiss of HP movies.

I guess we could just start endlessly sharing random customs and arguing about stuff, or turn this thread into a therapy session like other InArt threads are doing. Anyone wanna have a debate on Rowling’s politics?

😅😅 I think even then it wouldn’t bump anything 😂

At this point, HP is just a staple of many of my similar aged peer’s childhoods and is worthy of high end representation in the collection. @DioramaMaker hit the nail on the head, and I agree that PoA is the chef’s kiss of HP movies.

I agree…I just don’t think there are enough people showing much interest at the moment for this current line.

It’d be interesting to see the reception to a (hopefully we get there ) PoA line.

As far as 1/6 collectors go, there was a healthy buzz on here for the early Star Ace figures. But that was nine years ago and the first few releases were consistently $300 cheaper than Inart’s - so easier to collect as a line and less of a financial commitment. When the quality of the figures started to fall off the enthusiasm on here reduced, and it’s hard to be sure how the line sold - it continued on for a while but it’s also possible that the slipping quality of the figures reflected a lack of financial return, and the runs might have been smaller.

As for the Inart figures, they’re much better than Star Ace’s but the price and exclusivity of them makes it less likely to see them in Harry Potter pop-up shops/Warner Bros’ merchandise shops etc (unlike some of Star Ace’s early figures). The lack of a global license could be an issue too. Plus the high price could be more likely to turn off Potter fans new to the hobby who might just be interested in dabbling enough to get Harry or the trio. Plus as Gipetto said, maybe it’s just not the kind of thing the average HP fan is interested in getting. Plus there are still questions of how much cross-generational appeal the license actually has - perhaps it doesn’t align especially well with collector demographics or HP fan demographics, compared to the obvious cash cow lines like Marvel and Star Wars, or even DC and LOTR.

Not gonna lie, I’d completely forgotten all about the figures from Star Ace. That’s how ‘awful’ I thought of them that I just didn’t care or bother. I do remember being interested with the initial proto reveals…then I saw the final product and I was like “yeaaaah…nooooo” 😆

But I do remember there was a considerable amount of hype surrounding it.

It’s an impossibility, but I’d love to see these figures available at the universal studios HP gift shop. I seriously wonder how THAT would go.

I just don’t think there’s much to discuss.
I’m buying the whole deluxe trio, I’ll very much enjoy admiring them when they arrive, look forward to seeing Hermione’s seamless knees; other than that, I’m just constantly waiting for them to release.

I also think due to their simple or less involved nature, the outfits aren’t as inviting of scrutiny as the likes of Aragorn, Joker, Paul, Batman etc. so we’ve clearly all just accepted them as being spot on and without cause for criticism.

There is always that sense of comfort for me when I turn on those first 3 movies. Always triggers those memories of reading those books. I was 12 when the first book released and 16 I believe with the first movie.

Definitely agree with PoA as that's my favorite of the movies. HBP is my favorite book.

Snape has always been my favorite character in the books and movies. When I read that page in HBP that Snape killed Dumbledore, I was in shock and couldn't believe. Didn't carry to be believable in the movie, but perhaps that's because I already knew the reason why.

😅😅 I think even then it wouldn’t bump anything 😂

I agree…I just don’t think there are enough people showing much interest at the moment for this current line.

It’d be interesting to see the reception to a (hopefully we get there ) PoA line.

Not gonna lie, I’d completely forgotten all about the figures from Star Ace. That’s how ‘awful’ I thought of them that I just didn’t care or bother. I do remember being interested with the initial proto reveals…then I saw the final product and I was like “yeaaaah…nooooo” 😆

But I do remember there was a considerable amount of hype surrounding it.

It’s an impossibility, but I’d love to see these figures available at the universal studios HP gift shop. I seriously wonder how THAT would go.
I don't see the PoA line ever happening. John was very hesitate of them doing anything other than this 1st year trio, Dumbledore, and Snape. The line isn't getting enough buy in to warrant more for them. If anything, maybe years from now when they are more established they tackle DH figures.

Also don't see any way these figures can end up for sale at Universal Studios. They aren't licensed in the US. On top of that this will more than likely be super rare. Probably looking tops of 2,000-3,000 made for each one. Not to mention whichever sells the least, that's the max number of possibility to even own all 3.

I don't see the PoA line ever happening. John was very hesitate of them doing anything other than this 1st year trio, Dumbledore, and Snape. The line isn't getting enough buy in to warrant more for them. If anything, maybe years from now when they are more established they tackle DH figures.

Also don't see any way these figures can end up for sale at Universal Studios. They aren't licensed in the US. On top of that this will more than likely be super rare. Probably looking tops of 2,000-3,000 made for each one. Not to mention whichever sells the least, that's the max number of possibility to even own all 3.

Dammit, didn’t know John said that about the IP.

I hope it doesn’t end with the 1st year trio.

As for sales at U.Studios..yeah it’s why I said it’s impossible. the global restrictions prevent these figures from being available at the theme park, but if it were ever EVER possible, I wanna know if the adult ‘non-collector’ HP super fan sees InArt’s Trio displayed in the gift shop would be like “OMG, look at these! They look so lifelike!”, and would that adult whip out that wallet and snag them, despite the price.

I remember seeing ThreeZero’s premium 18” Optimus prime for sale at the TF gift shop. Was always curious if anyone purchased it.

Dammit, didn’t know John said that about the IP.

I hope it doesn’t end with the 1st year trio.

As for sales at U.Studios..yeah it’s why I said it’s impossible. the global restrictions prevent these figures from being available at the theme park, but if it were ever EVER possible, I wanna know if the adult ‘non-collector’ HP super fan sees InArt’s Trio displayed in the gift shop would be like “OMG, look at these! They look so lifelike!”, and would that adult whip out that wallet and snag them, despite the price.

I remember seeing ThreeZero’s premium 18” Optimus prime for sale at the TF gift shop. Was always curious if anyone purchased it.
Gotcha. That would be interesting to see what kind of attention they would get displayed there.

I truly don't understand how this works. The license is WB's to hand out, right? Why wouldn't they want to increase the reach on sales for these? I'd imagine sales would double on whatever they've sold if they were at Sideshow, and probably triple if they were sold in places like Universal Studios and the Harry Potter store in NYC, even some places around London. That's not to say they'd be selling six figures worth of these characters, but they could do a run of 10,000 of each character and they'd sell out, no doubt.

It's cool knowing these will be rare. They're going to be sought after someday. If not before, then when the franchise inevitably gets a revival after a few years. But it's a shame knowing they just aren't licensing these properly to gain some more sales. Which, who knows, maybe that's better for InArt at this stage anyway.

"Wow that's amazing, look how real they look!"

*Checks tag for price*

"Who in their right ******* mind would buy these? That's insane. For a doll?!"
I don't know if they're still sold there, but there was a time when people were buying Hot Toys in Disney World. I guess when you're tens of thousands of dollars deep on a vacation, what's another $300?

Brutal if they don't do McGonagall. Would be really nice to have the core three professors to go with the Golden Trio.

Order of the Phoenix is both my favorite book and film, and would have loved if they managed to get deep enough with the line to make Neville, Ginny and Sirius. Guess high quality figures of those three will remain a pipe dream. I won't allow myself to dream as far as Luna Lovegood or Professor Lupin.

*Checks tag for price*

I don't know if they're still sold there, but there was a time when people were buying Hot Toys in Disney World. I guess when you're tens of thousands of dollars deep on a vacation, what's another $300?

🤣 exactly why I bought it up.

I really don’t see this line continuing beyond a few more figures. Snape and Dumbledore are good, solid choices. After that I think Voldemort would be good (and likely one of their cheaper figures, cause no hair). Maybe a Hagrid or Malfoy but if the line isn’t doing super great they probably won’t develop a new body for Hagrid. I’d be really surprised if anyone beyond maybe those 5 get released.

I truly don't understand how this works. The license is WB's to hand out, right? Why wouldn't they want to increase the reach on sales for these? I'd imagine sales would double on whatever they've sold if they were at Sideshow, and probably triple if they were sold in places like Universal Studios and the Harry Potter store in NYC, even some places around London. That's not to say they'd be selling six figures worth of these characters, but they could do a run of 10,000 of each character and they'd sell out, no doubt.

It's cool knowing these will be rare. They're going to be sought after someday. If not before, then when the franchise inevitably gets a revival after a few years. But it's a shame knowing they just aren't licensing these properly to gain some more sales. Which, who knows, maybe that's better for InArt at this stage anyway.
Not really sure because those are great points. Maybe they are worried about how big sales would be for some of these franchises if they were worldwide and not being able to produce. They may want to stay under that 10,000 range for now.

I figured they are doing Paul Atreides and Michael Jackson as global to get sales for those figures into that range. Also sounded like licensing can go way up in cost for global depending on the IP.

*Checks tag for price*

Haha that’s how I felt when I went to Universal Studios pre-pandemic and they had the ThreeZero Daryl Dixon figure for $350.

Back