InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t really get it but okay. For the record I have the InArt one pre-ordered and not the Hot Toys one.
Couple of things, in this forum there have been back and forth comparisons between HT and Inart so it’s interesting to see the final product of HT. I also have the inart preordered, but this releasing means Inart will release theirs soon because they’re both waiting on each other to drop the ball.

Couple of things, in this forum there have been back and forth comparisons between HT and Inart so it’s interesting to see the final product of HT. I also have the inart preordered, but this releasing means Inart will release theirs soon because they’re both waiting on each other to drop the ball.
Didn’t InArt say that theirs is delayed though? I thought supposedly it wouldn’t be out until like March.

Didn’t InArt say that theirs is delayed though? I thought supposedly it wouldn’t be out until like March.
Definitely delayed and gave us no time frame, I think sometime between Jan and Feb it will be released. But mainly the way I see it, they’re saying it’s not gonna be a Q4 2023 but sometime early next year.

Definitely delayed and gave us no time frame, I think sometime between Jan and Feb it will be released. But mainly the way I see it, they’re saying it’s not gonna be a Q4 2023 but sometime early next year.
I mean at the rate their stuff arrives in hand it’s probably going to be about summer or so before a lot of us actually get Batman.

Wth is that?! :lol You know Hot Toys is feeling the pressure when they release a damn video showing nothing but movie footage and "Product Release Soon".
Honestly, while I'm sure they're very aware of InArt and the various quality of life improvements inArt is bringing to the hobby, and are likely factoring InArt's moves into their decisions, I sort of doubt they're feeling much pressure yet. Right now InArt is putting out about two figures a year. That basically means they have utterly no chance of taking a meaningful portion of HT's market share until they significantly expand their operations. Even when their products directly compete, like this one, HT has a huge advantage in terms of availability.

Obviously the more competitive the space has become over the past couple of years is great, and we can already see the positive effects--I just mean to say the pressure from InArt specifically won't really be on until they scale up.

Honestly, while I'm sure they're very aware of InArt and the various quality of life improvements inArt is bringing to the hobby, and are likely factoring InArt's moves into their decisions, I sort of doubt they're feeling much pressure yet. Right now InArt is putting out about two figures a year. That basically means they have utterly no chance of taking a meaningful portion of HT's market share until they significantly expand their operations. Even when their products directly compete, like this one, HT has a huge advantage in terms of availability.

Obviously the more competitive the space has become over the past couple of years is great, and we can already see the positive effects--I just mean to say the pressure from InArt specifically won't really be on until they scale up.
I don’t think INART or even JNDs output quantity matters at all here. Them simply being in the game has Hot Toys obviously trying to express to its customer base that they should be the one you’re buying these characters/figures from. Which is fine of course, they’re a business above all else. That naturally comes from competition but it is very much out of some level of fear/pressure of seeing these new companies pop up in recent years.

This is the very same company that drove Enterbay out of the game the minute they tried dipping their toes into Hot Toys pool. God forbid they make a better 1/4 Joker or Robocop figure. What’s worse is that Hot Toys won that battle.

Just look at what they’re doing with HONO now. They saw that third party companies were doing with cheaper comic characters and now they want to step in and do it themselves.

It may not be some high level of pressure now but what about 5-10 years from now? When even more companies come into the field and INART/JND start to pick up steam and speed. They’re 100% anticipating that right now and trying to get ahead of it.

Hot Toys has always been a company that wants its pie while eating it as well. Nothing wrong with what they’re currently doing either. We want them to improve and not be stagnant. It’s just funny to see them not act like their usual self because of it all.

Last edited:
I don’t think INART or even JNDs output quantity matters at all here. Them simply being in the game has Hot Toys obviously trying to express to its customer base that they should be the one you’re buying these characters/figures from. Which is fine of course, they’re a business above all else. That naturally comes from competition but it is very much out of some level of fear/pressure of seeing these new companies pop up in recent years.

This is the very same company that drove Enterbay out of the game the minute they tried dipping their toes into Hot Toys pool. God forbid they make a better 1/4 Joker or Robocop figure. What’s worse is that Hot Toys won that battle.

Just look at what they’re doing with HONO now. They saw that third party companies were doing with cheaper comic characters and now they want to step in and do it themselves.

It may not be some high level of pressure now but what about 5-10 years from now? When even more companies come into the field and INART/JND start to pick up steam and speed. They’re 100% anticipating that right now and trying to get ahead of it.

Hot Toys has always been a company that wants its pie while eating it as well. Nothing wrong with what they’re currently doing either. We want them to improve and not be stagnant. It’s just funny to see them not act like their usual self because of it all.
Can you share this obvious wisdom with the Facebook people? It’s sorely needed out there.

Don’t forget Inart is still new to all of this, Kit said they’re possibly tripling production by next year. So if they maintain the quality plus increase shipping time, it does nothing better but make customers happy.

Inart putting 50+ figures in a year isn’t going to make more pressure for HT, HT already is feeling it because they updated their own Pattinson figure. Without Inart it would have never been changed at all.

It’s not about how many figures InArt releases a year; it’s how their mere existence and our knowledge of the licenses they hold can result in many collectors simply discrediting DC & WB related Hot Toys figures.

That’s where I’m at. Where main characters are concerned; I’ll wait for InArt.

Asmus has had to stop all development on Lord of the Rings figures for the moment. I can’t say that’s entirely due to InArt essentially rendering any attempts they might make at The Fellowship characters immediately obsolete- but there’s an undeniable correlation.

Quick comparison images between Hot Toys Batman (final production) vs INART Batman (WF 23).

Quick notes: INART should update the large gap between the breastplate and upper abdomen section. There shouldn’t be a gap, it should be lined up alongside each other.

The breastplate should sit flush to the body. As-is, it’s protruding a bit.

The entire abdomen area seems more accurate on the Hot Toys. The gaps between each “abs section” are smaller.

Looking at it closer, seems to me INART based theirs off the prop suit and Hot Toys based theirs off Pattinson in the suit costume test.

I prefer the darker irises/eyes on the Hot Toys. INART should really get rid of the crystal blue eyes.

The cowl “nose” sticks out too far on the INART where it’s more streamlined/more accurate on the Hot Toys. It’s as if it’s own piece when it should be more linear.

Nitpicks I guess: Hot Toys belt pouches have more detail. The placement of the triangular carabiner is accurate on the Hot Toys.

Aside from that, I think INART’s is better in every other way. The proportions, the materials, the subtleties of the weathering, the way the cape drapes. Jury’s out on the colors and other variables I bet that I’m not seeing.

Thoughts?

46788CD2-4473-4DB6-A43A-67E399B0343A.jpeg

0886F379-7AA2-4F28-844D-7EE228649550.jpeg
C3F5A000-93B3-48CC-886C-1075CD4598A6.jpeg
2B5F39B7-AC97-418C-8C2F-F18390EF11A6.jpeg

Attachments

• 664B8137-80D3-4A9C-84B2-BA16DF5249EA.jpeg
    664B8137-80D3-4A9C-84B2-BA16DF5249EA.jpeg
    645.2 KB · Views: 0
  • C33C037A-005F-4F21-A627-8BDF15519DC3.jpeg
    C33C037A-005F-4F21-A627-8BDF15519DC3.jpeg
    645.2 KB · Views: 0
The danger here, is Inart HAS to sell their releases. They cannot afford to bomb on anything. While HT can.

Inart therefore has to buy high end licenses and REALLY sell the figure to the small buying population, with competitors at their heels. They cannot afford to be worse, they HaVE to be better, just to survive.

So far so good, but if they start making choices like Blitzway, they better be sure the market wants that figure before going off the beaten path.

I don't disagree on any particular point, except the statement that output isn't what matters. The output definitely matters, because it caps how much of the market InArt even has the opportunity to take. I'm not really here to argue with anything you said, just saying that when InArt starts getting global licenses and increases their scale, I think that's when we'll really see some fireworks.

The danger here, is Inart HAS to sell their releases. They cannot afford to bomb on anything. While HT can.

Inart therefore has to buy high end licenses and REALLY sell the figure to the small buying population, with competitors at their heels. They cannot afford to be worse, they HaVE to be better, just to survive.

So far so good, but if they start making choices like Blitzway, they better be sure the market wants that figure before going off the beaten path.
Hmm. So maybe underserved licenses would be better pursued by a company like Hot Toys. More people will be aware of it and even if it doesn't sell, they can afford to take the hit.

I used to think newcomers could set themselves apart by pursuing stuff like Conan or Mad Max, but they wouldn't get as many eyes on their product even if they did knock it out of the park. Seems like they have to go with a Ledger Joker. Makes for a more public victory if they do a good job.

Hmm. So maybe underserved licenses would be better pursued by a company like Hot Toys. More people will be aware of it and even if it doesn't sell, they can afford to take the hit.

I used to think newcomers could set themselves apart by pursuing stuff like Conan or Mad Max, but they wouldn't get as many eyes on their product even if they did knock it out of the park. Seems like they have to go with a Ledger Joker. Makes for a more public victory if they do a good job.
I think it can work either way. Lesser licenses the buyer has less options and it there for more forgiving, especially at a lower price point. Thats not even really competition with HT really.

But we saw Premier knock it out of the park with Mad Max and Martian figures and Mars doing 69 Batman.....of course.....they are not paying license fees.

If you go the official route, then a new company need to cast a wide net, to capture as many sales as they can, and they better have the best product out there...

Then price point....the more expensive the price point for your better product, you are again limiting sales against a cheaper mass produced HT product. Not many collextors will shell out > 600 for a 1/6 figure thats only slightly better than the 300 one.

Inart really has to run on the razors edge right now to gain foothold against HT, not much room for error.

Back