InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What if Zoë says no? Lol.

And they do sculpted variants though. Imo, it’s not all about rooted offerings.

But 100% agreed with you on that last part there. More options, the merrier. I doubt INART will even do one so looks like most will go with JazzInc if it pans out.

I agree. And InArt would knock her out of the park no doubt. But now that JazzInc has said he's definitely doing her, I'm less concerned about a back-up I may not purchase. And she doesn't need rooted hair, so InArt's preferred price point drops instantly.
If rooted hair really was the only driving force behind the pricing, BvS Superman wouldn’t/shouldn’t have been +/- $400

I hope she only approves her likeness for this:

Catwoman_(The_Batman_film).jpg

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

If rooted hair really was the only driving force behind the pricing, BvS Superman wouldn’t/shouldn’t have been +/- $400

I didn't mean to suggest it is their only driving force. Of course they do non-rooted and of course they offer cheaper non-rooted variants. Superman will be a huge seller, and no need for rooted hair. But what I mean is, I think their interest in getting into the 1/6th market was to do more things like rooted versions -- to advance the hobby AND get more money doing it. If rooted wasn't important to them -- to their ideal for high-end 1/6th -- then we'd see a sculpted Gandalf and Hermione.

That all said, I'm a bit let down that their high-end sensibilities allows for Hermione's knobby knees to show. Perhaps they're already lowering their own expectations.

Woah woah woah- let’s not forget the labour intensive inclusion of Justin’s revolutionary contribution to Superman…
1718065418204.png

*Also he has two sculpts and two capes.

Yeah I was going to say.. Superman brings two full blown head-sculpts and two capes.

IMO, I don’t think they have a preferred pricing range, they just price accordingly based on what’s being offered. The first time where a sculpted figure is truly overpriced is sculpted Ron. But that’s because they know they’re not going to sell many of those/lower demand.

I didn't mean to suggest it is their only driving force. Of course they do non-rooted and of course they offer cheaper non-rooted variants. Superman will be a huge seller, and no need for rooted hair. But what I mean is, I think their interest in getting into the 1/6th market was to do more things like rooted versions -- to advance the hobby AND get more money doing it. If rooted wasn't important to them -- to their ideal for high-end 1/6th -- then we'd see a sculpted Gandalf and Hermione.

That all said, I'm a bit let down that their high-end sensibilities allows for Hermione's knobby knees to show. Perhaps they're already lowering their own expectations.
Idk man.

I honestly feel like rooted isn’t the only thing they’re looking to offer. If characters don’t call for rooted hair, they don’t need to do it. But those figures would still have has lots to offer, setting itself apart from other comparable figures by other companies/makers.

Hermione and Gandalf would look ridiculous with sculpted hair, so I bet that’s why they didn’t even attempt it.

But what I mean is, I think their interest in getting into the 1/6th market was to do more things like rooted versions -- to advance the hobby AND get more money doing it. If rooted wasn't important to them -- to their ideal for high-end 1/6th -- then we'd see a sculpted Gandalf and Hermione.
I getcha and I agree with you on that :duff
Woah woah woah- let’s not forget the labour intensive inclusion of Justin’s revolutionary contribution to Superman…
View attachment 707232

*Also he has two sculpts and two capes.
I guess the extra pricing is due to Justin’s commission fees for his contribution :lol

I can't imagine ever displaying a Zoe Catwoman with that mask on!

Assuming she appears with an upgraded suit in future movies or the Penguin series she needs better headwear. Something similar to the Arkham games would be ideal.

View attachment 707247
Definitely can imagine this is her official Catwoman outfit in future films. Same for Batman having a streamline but practical suit similar to the Arkham Games or something like this but in black instead of blue but I'd be open to a Navy Blue like this.

Attachments

• 1000004327.jpg
    1000004327.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 0
But Superman was $310-$312 at Sugo. And I got him for $364 from Gundamit (which includes shipping).

Nobody panic.

But the rooting on the sculpt in this video looks like dogshit.

We're probably going to see a varying degree of quality between different figures, as we have in the past with Joker. This could be a problem.

Nobody panic.

We're probably going to see a varying degree of quality between different figures, as we have in the past with Joker. This could be a problem.

Yup this one needs urgent styling.

Nobody panic.

It doesn't look that bad. Not that different from Jedha's copy but with slightly less hair product. Which might be a good thing since they usually lay it on super thick. Just looks like it needs some water futzing like Gandalf and Joker did.

That Bruce head though has too thick of a layer. Same problem with their Joker where they layered on too much hair when it should have been thinner.

PENzoH5.png
JY1ofBJ.png

I am definitely glad that I got the sculpted version, however it doesn't look like they were even remotely trying to make the figure look good in either of those videos.

Back