InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both versions look fantastic IMO. Seeing the side by side comparison with Gandalf did concern me however. Down the road when we to add more Fellowship to the collection will the rooted hair come across too “dollish”? I have to admit when I saw this image I saw dolls. Individually displayed with proper futzing they will look high end. Together may leave another impression. I could be wrong. I’m just throwing things out there…….

Even Gandalf looks terrible in that shot 😝

Has indeed been posted already but welcome to see it again.
I had a feeling he posted it on bilibili well before YouTube, but I only use YouTube so it came across for me this morning.

Either way I don't know why more of the first batch receivers of the rooted haven't adjusted the bangs to match the sculpted. It really changes the entire look.

I had a feeling he posted it on bilibili well before YouTube, but I only use YouTube so it came across for me this morning.

Either way I don't know why more of the first batch receivers of the rooted haven't adjusted the bangs to match the sculpted. It really changes the entire look.

Probably people rushing to get ‘first’ videos out, or perhaps those receiving this don’t care about such things or aren’t used to futzing their figures.

Last edited:
I went with the sculpted version as I know that I’m not “that” guy to spend time tinkering with the rooted hair. I’m too detailed orientated and I know that even a hair off will bother me! Set it and forget it with the sculpted version.

I could not be bothered to have my ANH Chewbacca with the slick stylish appearance of ANH so I gave him the messy ROTJ look! How I roll folks!
8043F528-754B-4E4D-B5C7-DA6A9AACAC71.jpeg

What a figure...

All the diecast and mixed media.. the realistic weathering, the straps, the buckles, the stitching. The gorgeous portrait...

I'm patting myself on the back for ordering last minute. And I'm almost regretful I didn't buy a second.

Mark my words. This figure / character was the perfect storm for Inart. I don't see it being topped.

One of the grails of all time..

Best mass released figure of all time. I don't even think it's up for debate. And LOTR / Aragorn aren't even at the height of my favorite properties and characters.

As much as the light box doesn’t give the figure justice, Justin’s poses will be the best we will get. 😂 ( Compared to other “influencers) These looks great imo.
View attachment 709814

And for the rooted and sculpted head sculpts they have to be 100% the same, it’s probably the lighting plus better volume of the sculpted that makes it look better in certain angles.

I fixed the futzing for the rooted. When we get our copy, the biggest difference that would make the rooted look great is the thickness of the hair especially on top. Out of the box the hair may be a bit too flat, and of course the bangs being too far apart.View attachment 709842
Benicio Del Toro Beautiful Beyond Compare GIF

Cannot wait, easily the most anticipated figure I have on order - so goddamn stunning, no idea which poses I will choose, gonna have fun posing this chap!

Of course you’re entitled to your opinion but I think you and others unhappy with it are nuts. I think it’s better than the prototype.
Yeah, I think the prototype and the production piece both look like Viggo. It seems the naysayers have this idea of what Aragorn is supposed to look like, but what they're imagining isn't actually accurate. Given how seemingly difficult Viggo is to sculpt, the fact that this figure turned out as well as it did is a testament to the Inart team's talents.

View attachment 709507
View attachment 709430

I made this edit to see how the sculpt would look with good futzed hair similar to the prototype. It made me a lot more excited for this release.

Edit: feel free to use this image anywhere :) I think the headsculpt is great. Tailoring is not perfect but overall still really good.
Yeah, thats a huge difference. The likeness is really strong now

I hope Legolas gets his PO sooner than later. I'd like to lock that one in, and begin the year-long wait for the production piece. I fear I won't have Legolas on the shelf until 2027.
If it gets up for PO at the end of this Year then its a Q1-Q2 2026 release at the earliest. Might be Q3-Q4 depending on if Inart cant speed their production up.

I think the problem with the rooted sculpt is that for some reason they have put a foam pad in the sculpt cannister that is squashing his hair down flat and making him look weird... Maybe something to do what's inside the neck of the sculpt and it doesn't turn and "click" onto the post inside the cannister like Gandalf did so the foam is there to keep the sculpt on the post?

Screenshot (6).png

Back