InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know folks aren't a fan of the way he futzed the Gandalf hair, but credit to him being the only reviewer to style Aragorn's hair close to the prototype. To my eye, looks much better that way.
That could be due to some pushing him thru private messages ;)

Head seems a bit of a downgrade. his facial features seem too wide? Slightly disappointed.

If the proto was a 10 out of 10...the head makes this a 8.5 out of 10....still initially reaction is disappointed.

The sculpt of the HS is exactly the same than the proto:
24748410.jpg

And there are photos of prototype, again, it's the same
2851-FF53-D7-B0-46-BA-9-CB2-01968-D4911-CF.jpg
375603-F1-D364-4-A0-C-B668-12-C20731-F006.jpg

Good review from Will this time around! I think the paint application makes all the difference. That initial prototype was never going to be matched on a mass production scale. I'm hoping OSK starts shipping this guy out in the next month or so!

He's alright. Softened sculpt tho a good sculpt. Inner jacket still too short. Personally I get the whole bloody hands/battle damage disconnect but hands are often the first thing messed up, out in the woods, so I'll use them if I want to.

Will see when he gets here (again, this isn't my favorite character). Think I was expecting a bit more with the InArt hype but it's fine. Or - I was not expecting a softened sculpt, because of the InArt hype, but here we are. On the shelf tho he'll look great.

The sculpt of the HS is exactly the same than the proto:
View attachment 717720

And there are photos of prototype, again, it's the same
View attachment 717723View attachment 717724
I posted about this earlier but I am convinced this is not the same sculpt as the solicitation photos. Looks at the 5 o'clock shadow, way softer and closer to production. Same with the hair color.

I agree it's the same underlying sculpt/3d print, just cast from the master and the softening that goes along with it for mass production/paint.

Curious if anyone will shell out to have theirs repainted/rerooted. I wonder how close we could get to that prototype.

I posted about this earlier but I am convinced this is not the same sculpt as the solicitation photos. Looks at the 5 o'clock shadow, way softer and closer to production. Same with the hair color.

I agree it's the same underlying sculpt/3d print, just cast from the master and the softening that goes along with it for mass production/paint.

Curious if anyone will shell out to have theirs repainted/rerooted. I wonder how close we could get to that prototype.

It’s the same sculpt.

People have already had it repainted and re rooted.

Biggest drop off for me is in the weathering of the outfit and some of the changes in the look of the materials. The weathering is just not nearly as prevalent as the proto. I can live with the difference, but that is much more noticeable to me than differences in the sculpt.

Back