InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s the same sculpt.

People have already had it repainted and re rooted.
Got any pics?

Not saying the final isn't good enough. Just curious if a repaint can get it to where the proto was, which to me was the best 1/6 scale figure I've ever seen.Viggo from LOTR literally shrunk down to 1/6 scale. I'd pay more on top of what the premium cost for that. That's just me.

Last edited:

I personally would like to get as close to this as possible. That does not mean I'm not excited to get it, will sell it, or am calling it bad.

It genuinely blows my mind that people think this figure is anything short of amazing.
I have never seen a better mass produced 1/6 scale figure, and honestly this Aragorn outshines even the vast majority of customs.
This will be an all-time great and most coveted grail figure.

Wait -- so Aragorn sucks again! What year is this?

I've just come back from the future where everyone loves their InArt Aragorn... and MarkKing even bought a 2nd one!
I hope I'm filthy rich in your future...

Obvious this Aragorn has fallen a bit short to many...

If you think it's perfect God bless, but this seems to have fallen short.

It sure doesn't appear that way in the videos. Sculpts look as others say soft, I think the face looks a bit wide with features.
I posted about this earlier but I am convinced this is not the same sculpt as the solicitation photos. Looks at the 5 o'clock shadow, way softer and closer to production. Same with the hair color.

I agree it's the same underlying sculpt/3d print, just cast from the master and the softening that goes along with it for mass production/paint.

Curious if anyone will shell out to have theirs repainted/rerooted. I wonder how close we could get to that prototype.
Again and again, it's the same:
Comparaison 04.png

Many reviews have a camera problem, I don't know if it's a focal length problem or something else? I don't know enough to identify it.
But when you do a good review, the HS is mind-blowing.

This is the best review I've seen, one of the few that best showcases Aragorn's HS, it's simply sublime.

It's just a shame that the video quality is so poor... It looks like 360/480P...
If this video was in 4K and we could see all the details of Aragorn's HS, this video would make everyone agree...

I think this video is a YouTube RIP of a Chinese video.
But I think only Chinese people can see the video in good quality, which is why the rip is really bad...
If someone can find the original Chinese video and get access to the best quality, that would be great.

In the meantime, I took screenshots of Aragorn's HS in this video, and even with the crappy quality, you can see how awesome it is.
01.png
02.png
03.png
04.png
05.png
06.png
08.png
09.png

Last edited:
The head sculpt looks the same as the prototype. 🤦‍♂️
Obviously the paint isn’t on the same level, but that’s expected with production pieces. The reason it looks different in reviews is because of lighting and camera issues.

How does this look different from the prototype:

Again and again, it's the same:
View attachment 717897

Many reviews have a camera problem, I don't know if it's a focal length problem or something else? I don't know enough to identify it.
But when you do a good review, the HS is mind-blowing.

This is the best review I've seen, one of the few that best showcases Aragorn's HS, it's simply sublime.

It's just a shame that the video quality is so poor... It looks like 360/480P...
If this video was in 4K and we could see all the details of Aragorn's HS, this video would make everyone agree...

I think this video is a YouTube RIP of a Chinese video.
But I think only Chinese people can see the video in good quality, which is why the rip is really bad...
If someone can find the original Chinese video and get access to the best quality, that would be great.

In the meantime, I took screenshots of Aragorn's HS in this video, and even with the crappy quality, you can see how awesome it is.
View attachment 717898View attachment 717899View attachment 717900View attachment 717901View attachment 717902View attachment 717903View attachment 717905View attachment 717906

Ah my apologies, I didn't explain myself well. I believe the release is pretty much the same as what they showed at ChinaJoy. To my eye, something minor changed (could literally just have been the way the hair is styled, I don't know, I don't have it in hand. I really hope that's all it is because that'll be a lot cheaper/free to fix lol) between what they showed at ChinaJoy/released vs that initial photos / video.

I agree that people saying it's a downgrade are being mislead by bad photos. I just would like to recreate what I saw in those initial photos/video, which is simply the best 1/6 scale figure I've ever seen. This comes close, and I hope some futzing/in hand will get me there.

The head sculpt looks the same as the prototype. 🤦‍♂️
Obviously the paint isn’t on the same level, but that’s expected with production pieces. The reason it looks different in reviews is because of lighting and camera issues.
Yeah, but sculpts have been churned out that are so accurate it's eerie. InArt Joker (as far as I can tell), Shuri, IW Bucky, Yondu, Asmus' Elrond off the top of my head.

Was hoping for a "pretty good" Aragorn and that's what I'll get - or, at least the best production sculpt out there. Am very, very, very mildly disappointed, as well as some other nits like the inner coat needed a bit more length. I wouldn't care, at all, except this is a ~400$ figure.
I'd like to be blown away.

Plus all the comments about InArt being eating everyone's lunch. IMO not here; they are maybe eating the bag of chips you get with lunch, so far. But I'm happy for all who are very happy and really wanted a good Aragorn.

I agree that people saying it's a downgrade are being mislead by bad photos. I just would like to recreate what I saw in those initial photos/video, which is simply the best 1/6 scale figure I've ever seen. This comes close, and I hope some futzing/in hand will get me there.

I wonder if the inner jacket material can be stretched down. Just a bit. Past that, I don't have the nerve to "distress" a fig costume permanently.

Yeah, but sculpts have been churned out that are so accurate it's eerie. InArt Joker (as far as I can tell), Shuri, IW Bucky, Yondu, Asmus' Elrond off the top of my head.

Was hoping for a "pretty good" Aragorn and that's what I'll get - or, at least the best production sculpt out there. Am very, very, very mildly disappointed, as well as some other nits like the inner coat needed a bit more length. I wouldn't care, at all, except this is a ~400$ figure.
I'd like to be blown away.

Plus all the comments about InArt being eating everyone's lunch. IMO not here; they are maybe eating the bag of chips you get with lunch, so far. But I'm happy for all who are very happy and really wanted a good Aragorn.

I wonder if the inner jacket material can be stretched down. Just a bit. Past that, I don't have the nerve to "distress" a fig costume permanently.
I think in a lot of photos I've seen, the boots need to be pulled up higher so they are underneath his knees which will help the jerkin look lower. That said, it's definitely too short and the back tails of it should be longer and almost touch the back of his boots. Funnily enough, the Asmus Helm's Deep Aragorn got all these details down...

Back