InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All this trolling is fun but on a side note, how do you guys feel about the eyeball mechanism now being accessible by reaching under the sculpt with the neck detached vs the sculpt previously having a solid head/neck where you access the eyes by separating the hair and pulling a tab out at the back of the head?

Changing the eyes on the joker and Gandalf was a bit cumbersome, sometimes the hair would get pulled out, and you needed to fix the hair after but I'm not sure how I feel about seeing these newer sculpts detached from their neck around the chin in the newer releases I saw with figures like The Walking Dead at Comic Con. Some angles look a bit rough and since you're seeing the figure most often from the side/front I'm not sure if prefer this design or not.

Part of me feels like the previous design is the lesser evil? Especially when there isn't much hair to cover up the neck seam/chin.

I know I'm including a picture that isn't of Aragorn and I'm not trying to derail the thread about another figure, but I noticed this picture on Facebook and it was the first time I noticed how bad this kinda looks. I'm only saying this here because Aragorn has this same design but because of the hairstyle you don't notice as much.

453909137_10225809285966992_9052615796628473077_n.jpg

All this trolling is fun but on a side note, how do you guys feel about the eyeball mechanism now being accessible by reaching under the sculpt with the neck detached vs the sculpt previously having a solid head/neck where you access the eyes by separating the hair and pulling a tab out at the back of the head?

Changing the eyes on the joker and Gandalf was a bit cumbersome, sometimes the hair would get pulled out, and you needed to fix the hair after but I'm not sure how I feel about seeing these newer sculpts detached from their neck around the chin in the newer releases I saw with figures like The Walking Dead at Comic Con. Some angles look a bit rough and since you're seeing the figure most often from the side/front I'm not sure if prefer this design or not.

Part of me feels like the previous design is the lesser evil? Especially when there isn't much hair to cover up the neck seam/chin.

I know I'm including a picture that isn't of Aragorn and I'm not trying to derail the thread about another figure, but I noticed this picture on Facebook and it was the first time I noticed how bad this kinda looks. I'm only saying this here because Aragorn has this same design but because of the hairstyle you don't notice as much.

View attachment 718098
I think that will only work for figures with long hair like Aragorn and Daryl. Daryl is still a prototype so I hope they improve on that when he goes up for preorder.

It completely takes away the realism on figures with short hair like Superman.

The first time I pulled the back off my Gandalf's head was a pretty nerve-wracking experience - the magnets on mine were a lot stronger than I expected and I was very worried I was going to pull hair out. And then after that, taming the hair back down was a chore.

So I'm looking forward to trying out the new method of accessing the eyes through the neck. I daresay it'll be used for non-necked sculpts from here on. It'll be interesting to see what they do with necked sculpts in the future - they might introduce a tool to access up inside the neck, or they might continue to have the eyes be accessible through the back of the head.

The Walking Dead figures are early prototypes so maybe they'll work on improving the head/neck seam before putting them up for order. There's always a slight gap between head and neck with non-necked sculpts, and I don't really see how adding SERS will inherently make that worse.

The first time I pulled the back off my Gandalf's head was a pretty nerve-wracking experience - the magnets on mine were a lot stronger than I expected and I was very worried I was going to pull hair out. And then after that, taming the hair back down was a chore.

So I'm looking forward to trying out the new method of accessing the eyes through the neck. I daresay it'll be used for non-necked sculpts from here on. It'll be interesting to see what they do with necked sculpts in the future - they might introduce a tool to access up inside the neck, or they might continue to have the eyes be accessible through the back of the head.

The Walking Dead figures are early prototypes so maybe they'll work on improving the head/neck seam before putting them up for order. There's always a slight gap between head and neck with non-necked sculpts, and I don't really see how adding SERS will inherently make that worse.
Gandalf would have been easier if it separated at the neck. Plus with long hair and beard you would have never seen the separation. I had some issues getting Gandalfs neck around his collar (not as bad as Joker) and it would have eliminated that issue too.

It’s cool InArt is trying it different. Personal I don’t mind a neck cut. I like having that articulation.

Gandalf would have been easier if it separated at the neck. Plus with long hair and beard you would have never seen the separation. I had some issues getting Gandalfs neck around his collar (not as bad as Joker) and it would have eliminated that issue too.

It’s cool InArt is trying it different. Personal I don’t mind a neck cut. I like having that articulation.

Think I'll wait until the fig shows up. In November/December:monkey3

I could live without any rolling eyeballs anyway.

I hope it turns out great... But initially 🥴

I do Wonder if it's the rooted that's making things look meh?

The more I see rooted hair, the more I hate it. I have a couple rooted hair, and I want no more. Seeing this Aragorn makes me regret the rooted hair purchases.

I just don't want to constantly have to apply hairspray to my dolls to make it look decent.

Chest/upper torso seems too deep for the thin arms/shoulders.
Have they padded the chest *and traps like they did with Battinson?

Last edited:
Chest/upper torso seems too deep for the thin arms/shoulders.
Have they padded the chest ad traps like they did with Battinson?
Interesting..I never analyzed the body...the face is #1. I think the clothes look great.

I can see the upper body thing you are saying.

Back