InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, yes, Kit is right. The issues with Aragorn will slowly creep out now that more people start receiving him.
Same hand x2, magnets glued with the opposite polarity, inability to hold the sword or bow....

Guys, like many of you i received my Aragorn yesterday, but i opened him only today.
I have to say that i'm worry, because mine have defects... :cry:

Please tell me what do you think about it,
There is like a paint issue?/lack of paint?/hair's stain? on his front and i have like many small white dots close to this paint issue, but also near the eyes... look
View attachment 725338View attachment 725339View attachment 725340

I've tried to remove this white dots very carefuly, but I haven't succeeded and I don't want to insist, I'm too afraid of damaging the sculpt or the paint.
I can't do nothing for the stains of his front, but I think this white points can be removed, do you have an idea how without damaged the sculpt? And should I really try to do it myself?

I received The Batman in this week too and 0 problems with him, he's Perfect.

I'm so sad for Aragorn who is my biggest expectation...
The figure is exceptional but I clearly can't appreciate it in these conditions 😢
That looks like that hair glue dropped on the sculpt and ate the paint as it contains acetone. Sucks tho, very disappointing. I’m sorry:monkey2

P.S. I haven’t seen any InArt figure in person yet but from the pictures skin looks kinda flat? Or that’s just the images, it doesn’t have same “translucent” effect as recent hot toys and many third party figures do.

Also I'm wondering, @Cocoboloboy - any plans for a special base for Aragorn like you did for Gandalf? An Amon Hen base feels like it would be perfect, but maybe you could work something up for Lothlorien or Rivendell?

Gandalf looks so good on your bases, would be a shame to not match Aragorn with one.
Amon Hen for sure. I’ve got stands now that you can easily swap plaques from one to the other and move figures around to different environments too so there’s gonna be a few choices at least. Seems like it’s gonna be forever before my sculpted Aragorn ships though.

Mine's finally out for delivery. It took 4 days to travel to Detroit from halfway around the world, then another 3 days for USPS to (hopefully) bring it the remaining 30 miles.

root-what.gif

Guys, like many of you i received my Aragorn yesterday, but i opened him only today.
I have to say that i'm worry, because mine have defects... :cry:

Please tell me what do you think about it,
There is like a paint issue?/lack of paint?/hair's stain? on his front and i have like many small white dots close to this paint issue, but also near the eyes... look
View attachment 725338View attachment 725339View attachment 725340

I've tried to remove this white dots very carefuly, but I haven't succeeded and I don't want to insist, I'm too afraid of damaging the sculpt or the paint.
I can't do nothing for the stains of his front, but I think this white points can be removed, do you have an idea how without damaged the sculpt? And should I really try to do it myself?

I received The Batman in this week too and 0 problems with him, he's Perfect.

I'm so sad for Aragorn who is my biggest expectation...
The figure is exceptional but I clearly can't appreciate it in these conditions 😢
Very sorry to see that. 2nd sculpt with issues I've seen today.

Try to request an exchange.

My Batman came with a faulty arm.
I've not yet fixed it, but it really dampened my excitement for the figure.

A rooted sculpt is a different story though.
It's the crown jewel that you're paying for, and ideally it should be flawless.

I'm definitely in the last batch, so (knowing my luck) if I end up with any major QC, and they don't have any more heads to send, and all they can offer is a magic pencil à la Gandalf, I can see some problems arising.

I'm definitely in the last batch, so (knowing my luck) if I end up with any major QC, and they don't have any more heads to send, and all they can offer is a magic pencil à la Gandalf, I can see some problems arising.
WTF is a magic pencil? U mean a magic eraser (which is actually worth a try, it's a very mild abrasive.

People had paint flaws and they sent a magic eraser? This reminds me of stories of Prime 1 a company that seems horrified by the idea of customer service, from what I've read.

WTF is a magic pencil? U mean a magic eraser (which is actually worth a try, it's a very mild abrasive.

People had paint flaws and they sent a magic eraser? This reminds me of stories of Prime 1 a company that seems horrified by the idea of customer service, from what I've read.
I'm not exactly sure.

Seems whenever there's a problem, they either send a pencil, or suggest you use an oven.

No, people had paint flaws and they sent a pencil to help cover the paint chip. 😂

Do you have photo of the 2nd sculpt with issues please?

Amon Hen for sure. I’ve got stands now that you can easily swap plaques from one to the other and move figures around to different environments too so there’s gonna be a few choices at least. Seems like it’s gonna be forever before my sculpted Aragorn ships though.
I’m in the same boat, I got a sculpted as well. Just didn’t want to futz with the hair.

Excited to see what you come up with the stand. Aragorn in Moria just isn’t a way I want to display him. Gimli, sure, but a Ranger should be in the forest. The changing plaques idea is awesome, I need to invest in some of those in the future. Great for characters like Aragorn especially, where you could place him in snow, rocks or grass. Nice ingenuity there.

No, people had paint flaws and they sent a pencil to help cover the paint chip. 😂
Like a woman's makeup pencil?:lol Actually that's reasonable for testing paint, but not acceptable if you want to describe yourself as "premium".

Dunno what's worse - someone who loves this character and considers this a grail getting "a pencil" or someone like me "giving InArt a try" and hearing stuff like this. This is exactly why I prefer to go through trusted retailers.

"or suggest you use an oven." - WHAT?

Cookies Baking GIF

Like a woman's makeup pencil?:lol Actually that's reasonable for testing paint, but not acceptable if you want to describe yourself as "premium".

Dunno what's worse - someone who loves this character and considers this a grail getting "a pencil" or someone like me "giving InArt a try" and hearing stuff like this. This is exactly why I prefer to go through trusted retailers.

"or suggest you use an oven." - WHAT?

Madness right?

The oven ‘solution’ was to unwarp bent Batman cowl ears.

Do you have photo of the 2nd sculpt with issues please?
Screenshot_20240912-174822_Facebook-01.jpeg

Not that major I guess.
I can live with something like this.

My jail cell Joker head was smeared with glue. When it catches the light, it kind of looks like sweat... But I just thought that sculpt was damn ugly, I couldn't even bother asking for a replacement. lol

Hey guys, I've got an issue as well and I need some help please. I just got my Aragorn today and I can't seem to get the neck peg into the body. I've tried everything to push it in but it seems that the round peg is too large to fit inside the neck hole? Have I been sent a dud? Here's some pics. Thanks.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpeg
    thumbnail.jpeg
    50.9 KB · Views: 0
  • thumbnail (1).jpeg
    thumbnail (1).jpeg
    50.5 KB · Views: 0
Hey guys, I've got an issue as well and I need some help please. I just got my Aragorn today and I can't seem to get the neck peg into the body. I've tried everything to push it in but it seems that the round peg is too large to fit inside the neck hole? Have I been sent a dud? Here's some pics. Thanks.
Should fit in fine. Hard to tell from your photos but it doesn't look like it would be too big for that slot. Heat up the joint if needed.

Toss it in the oven.

Actually, do try heating it up a little (With a hairdryer).

Was hard for me too, I heated the hole lightly with a hair dryer for 3-4 sec, protecting the body well, and I was able to tuck it in

View attachment 725358

Not that major I guess.

My jail cell Joker head was smeared with glue. When it catches the light, it kind of looks like sweat... But I just thought that sculpt was damn ugly, I couldn't even bother asking for a replacement. lol
Yep not major but still a flaw..
I haven't even checked my accessories yet...Even that, we have to unpack everything to see if they haven't taken the wrong hand or something else, it's an abused...

Not that major I guess.

Yah, I could live with this stuff too; good thing tho I've been slapped around by WETA's pricey statues and uneven QC enough to expect to be surprised, and not necessarily in a good way. :pfft:

*Gloomily* you'd think a new company at this price point - wearing gloves in their vids like they are dealing with a museum artifact - would be falling over themselves to establish a reputation for great customer service and careful workmanship. How hard is it to check a group of limited edition heads.

Well, at least the vambraces look good. Those stick out to me as WETA's "Hunter on the Plains" statue didn't even bother to paint the silver tree on them.

Back