InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"I would have gone with you to the end, into the very fires of Mordor."
~Aragorn
[The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring]

1000049429.jpg
1000049435.jpg
1000049433.jpg
1000049431.jpg
1000049443.jpg

Hey everyone, I've spoken with 2double8ight and he's willing to do a run of Ranger Cloaks/Ponchos. I will be posting the interest thread on Customonesixth soon. If we get enough intertest of 50 people the cost of the Ranger Cloak will be $75.

I'm gathering as many pics and info on the Cloak/Poncho as I can to get it as screen accurate as possible. I asked him about weathering as well and he said that he can. But it hasn't been decided on if that will be an extra charge or not. If it's simple enough he may offer that for free. Under 50 then the price will go up but will not exceed $100 usd.

Please DM me here, Facebook or Instagram so I can start compiling an interested list!

Please include your Username and Real Name. Thank you. No deposit as of right now.
That is actually really great tho I SHALL pass.:monkey3

Like all? customs that's up there. Not saying it doesn't deserve it 'coz you have source material, labor etc. And I'll bet a custom won't have those wide off scale doll seams like the InArt version seems to have.

I just don't feel like paying that much more for something that should have been included. Then again, this wasn't a grail for me. One day I'll tackle it as a project. Always wanted to make Thorin's cloak anyway; and even if he gets made it probably won't be released for 5 years.

That is actually really great tho I SHALL pass.:monkey3

Like all? customs that's up there. Not saying it doesn't deserve it 'coz you have source material, labor etc. And I'll bet a custom won't have those wide off scale doll seams like the InArt version seems to have.

I just don't feel like paying that much more for something that should have been included. Then again, this wasn't a grail for me. One day I'll tackle it as a project. Always wanted to make Thorin's cloak anyway; and even if he gets made it probably won't be released for 5 years.
No worries man. I totally understand. I don't like the idea of paying for it either when it's something that should have been included. But if I'm going to have to pay to get a cloak. I'll pay an artist and get it as close to screen accurate as possible. I'll pay for that.

Mine arrived from Giantoy and I'm happy to report that the sculpt looks not only flawless but phenomenal as well. Even the hair looks good right out of the box - not all flattened on top as I was expecting. I don't really have time to get him set up yet - other than inspecting the sculpt all I've done is a quick inventory to make sure everything's there (alas, no ranger cloak from Giantoy either). Sounds like I may also need to find another figure stand as well? Are the magnets that bad?

"I do not know what strength is in my blood, but I swear to you I will not let the White City fall, nor our people fail."
~Aragorn

[The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring]View attachment 725430
Great pictures and posing! I am going to have use this pose. Also great use of Asmus’ stand and Sideshow Exclusive Boromir’s Moria goblin head.

Guys, like many of you i received my Aragorn yesterday, but i opened him only today.
I have to say that i'm worry, because mine have defects... :cry:

Please tell me what do you think about it,
There is like a paint issue?/lack of paint?/hair's stain? on his front and i have like many small white dots close to this paint issue, but also near the eyes... look
View attachment 725338View attachment 725339View attachment 725340

I've tried to remove this white dots very carefuly, but I haven't succeeded and I don't want to insist, I'm too afraid of damaging the sculpt or the paint.
I can't do nothing for the stains of his front, but I think this white points can be removed, do you have an idea how without damaged the sculpt? And should I really try to do it myself?

I received The Batman in this week too and 0 problems with him, he's Perfect.

I'm so sad for Aragorn who is my biggest expectation...
The figure is exceptional but I clearly can't appreciate it in these conditions 😢

It's a shame, but in the other hand the beard is so well painted ! I think I would try to save the head by removing or covering the little white dots...
:/

The Amon Hen look is ready, no blowtorch this time !
Pretty happy with how it turned out. I went for a battle damage style, so I had to shred the sleeve and make some blood make up on the arm and the face. The piece of cloth that wraps around his wounded arm is made with a part of the rolled cloak. I thought the collor and material was perfect !
I made some more weathering with mud paint and black inks (Lurtz's blood !).
The head was more easy to do because of the very sweaty look. I didn't remove all the product but only gave the hair a good wash, and restyle with water and of course the Pliz product to secure the wet look. (Curiously, it doesn't look as wet in person)
:D

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

Spent some time removing the product from the hair and then re-styling it. The out-of-the-box look was good, but I felt that it was a little too curly for Aragorn, so I took the plunge and thankfully it has worked out well. It was when my missus told me that it looked like Joe Wicks that I had to get rid of those curls!!! ;)
IMG_9957.jpeg

Spent some time removing the product from the hair and then re-styling it. The out-of-the-box look was good, but I felt that it was a little too curly for Aragorn, so I took the plunge and thankfully it has worked out well. It was when my missus told me that it looked like Joe Wicks that I had to get rid of those curls!!! ;)
View attachment 725513
Before & After. Less Cavalier-ey now!
IMG_9958.jpeg

Back