InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys Just prepare to see Aragorn look and posed like he did a bar run at Bree. Hair all messed up looking like a wig, clothes disheveled and wrongly put on. Lmao
1717452771507.png

Don't really care about the "influencer batch", you'd be waiting the same amount of time for yours regardless.

"Influencers" get games, shows, movies, make up products, trading cards... everything before us "regular" folk. This is not a new strategy in the world of business.

But those games, shows etc etc are typically a week in advance, or at most two. And those aforementioned products still have open preorders or large shipment that can cover a few months worth of stock.

A 2 month advanced review for an item you can no longer PO is a bit much.

But those games, shows etc etc are typically a week in advance, or at most two. And those aforementioned products still have open preorders or large shipment that can cover a few months worth of stock.

A 2 month advanced review for an item you can no longer PO is a bit much.
Again, doesn't really make a difference to me personally - gonna be waiting the same amount of time regardless. I just don't think it's that big of a deal.

Waiting is just part of this hobby.

Doesn't matter if you can't PO this figure anymore, because it raises awareness of the brand and may attract new customers for future figures.

My read on what he said wasn't so much Aragorn drums up support for ordering Ron, but they are afraid to put up the amount of figures they want to for PO (everything they showed in October wonderfest plus Legolas) while still having something not released. They are trying to ramp up production capacity, and that means more POs. Whether they can maintain their cadence is yet to be seen. I agree that an influencer batch doesn't mean it's released. But if the choice is between a straight delay (ala Hot Toys) vs influencer batch so I at least know what I'll be getting, I choose the latter. That's my personal opinion anyways.

And as for QC, again, I don't think he's saying first batch will have issues, just that they order a small batch to make sure the factory workers didn't glue Hermiones hair on Rob or something, they still check it, probably more than they do the rest, because it's their sanity check/litmus test.

I personally appreciate the sausage making process, but I know some folks get really antsy about their fav characters being in hard. Believe me, I understand it! Just hope it doesn't scare them into being another HT. No info, no rhyme, no reason.

My read on what he said wasn't so much Aragorn drums up support for ordering Ron, but they are afraid to put up the amount of figures they want to for PO (everything they showed in October wonderfest plus Legolas) while still having something not released. They are trying to ramp up production capacity, and that means more POs. Whether they can maintain their cadence is yet to be seen. I agree that an influencer batch doesn't mean it's released. But if the choice is between a straight delay (ala Hot Toys) vs influencer batch so I at least know what I'll be getting, I choose the latter. That's my personal opinion anyways.

And as for QC, again, I don't think he's saying first batch will have issues, just that they order a small batch to make sure the factory workers didn't glue Hermiones hair on Rob or something, they still check it, probably more than they do the rest, because it's their sanity check/litmus test.

I personally appreciate the sausage making process, but I know some folks get really antsy about their fav characters being in hard. Believe me, I understand it! Just hope it doesn't scare them into being another HT. No info, no rhyme, no reason.

I suppose with InArt they can be considered as the lesser of two evils. I just wish they had a more streamlined and less…’insulting’ approach to these initial batches.

Maybe there’s a mandate from InArt:

Influencers must wait for at least 50% of VIP to receive their figures and then are allowed to do reviews…because reasons…

😒😒
I actually thought of that after I posted. I bet you’re right. I guess official pictures are supposed to hit sometime this week.

I am very curious to see the final actual production piece that is going to these influencers. Maybe its so great, they're so proud, that's why its going so early?

I am very curious to see the final actual production piece that is going to these influencers. Maybe its so great, they're so proud, that's why its going so early?

Or it’s right around the time of release, I think. It would be nice to have 3 InArt releases in a single year.

I know literally nothing but maybe some factories [i assume they are not all made in a single factory] are more efficient than others and perhaps the Aragorn team is ahead and the Batman team is behind.

I’m not emotionally prepared to see Aragorn this soon!
Wasn’t expecting a glimpse until all The Batmans ship out- which is totally still 4 months away.

At least we can take this as an indicator that production may actually be ramping up- and the Hermione PO coming so soon after Ron is also the fastest they’ve gone from one PO closing to a fresh announcement.

That’s appropriate for the HP figures though since they’ve been designed as a set and are all wearing the Hogwarts uniform.

Back