InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Kit has Aragorn figures in hand...that's awesome, makes it feel a lot closer to me receiving the figure than if it's just a bunch of YouTubers getting them.

I ordered the rooted in October, last it was available.

It's going to be a long wait for me isn't it? šŸ˜…
Pre-orders opened on January 07, 2023 so... šŸ¤”

If Kit has Aragorn figures in hand...that's awesome, makes it feel a lot closer to me receiving the figure than if it's just a bunch of YouTubers getting them.
I'm sure even if Kit has Aragorn in hand it's not for us customers.
By the way, Batman is still not available for us.

Last edited:
Just so I'm ready, what usually happens with OSK pre orders that need to be paid off? Do we just get an email when they are ready to take payment, or do I need to keep checking their website? I know it's likely a few months off still, but I've never used them before and don't want to do something stupid like mess up my order by missing the payment.

Just so I'm ready, what usually happens with OSK pre orders that need to be paid off? Do we just get an email when they are ready to take payment, or do I need to keep checking their website? I know it's likely a few months off still, but I've never used them before and don't want to do something stupid like mess up my order by missing the payment.

They will email you the invoice

Email invoice.

I think Kit also allows you to manually pay instalments iirc

I gotta get right on that and start paying in installments. Donā€™t wanna get caught with an invoice that makes me go:

200w.gif

If Kit shared it, it's definitely the real deal. We'll just have to wait for a proper review to make our mind on the final result.

I just thought Kit was messing/joking around šŸ˜‚

Surprised he has received his stock if the influencer batch only just gone.

Going by Gandalf, Pennywise and Joker this will be pretty close to the proto as you couldn't better it.

Gandalf was a step up from the proto. Funny how JND hype died but inart still got us! šŸ˜‚

All right, Kit is a master troll. Taking the "unfutzed" amateur first shot of a figure to the next level haha. Very excited and nervous to see reviews. Hopefully they can keep their streak of proto to production going.

I think the key thing to make or break an Aragorn sculpt is the paint apps. Some of the earlier figures from SSC, Asmus andā€¦sorry I donā€™t remember the other companies, but their attempts had a decent sculpt but ruined by paint apps. Like so:

IMG_3288.jpeg
IMG_3289.jpeg

I saved these pics from the Asmus thread years ago with the desire but never to be fulfilled aspirations of modding my Asmus Aragorn to look like that. But as you can tell the base sculpt was actually pretty decent, only for the sculpted hair and paint apps around the beard to throw it all off.

Then we have these:

IMG_2638.png

I canā€™t put my finger on whatā€™s throwing it off. Itā€™s clearly not right, and if anything he looks more like boromir here. Then with slight adjustments, we get:

IMG_2640.jpeg

Iā€™d like to hear others thoughts on this. What makes or breaks Aragorns portrait?

Back