InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A wider lens will absolutely make the nose and chin look wider...which is exactly what people are saying is different between the prototype and the production.

The new shots are most likely taken with a wide lens, shot up close, while the nice InArt marketing shots used for the pre-orders are most likely taken with a longer lens from further away. This is just my guess as a photographer.

And it's also worth noting that smartphone cameras tend to default to the wider lenses, so a great many smartphone pictures of the figure will be exactly this.

And it's also worth noting that smartphone cameras tend to default to the wider lenses, so a great many smartphone pictures of the figure will be exactly this.

Exactly. The base x1 focal length on an iPhone 15 is around 24mm, and my guess is that most (if not all) of these first photos are probably just iPhone shots.

Those InArt promotional photos are maybe somewhere around 80mm–100mm. This is an educated guess, but this is the range for professional portraits, because it is considered the most flattering for faces, and would have the least amount of distortion.

Video's can be missleading as hell. Just wait for better reviewers and better quality shots. Was the same with Gandalf... man i saw some ugly old man video's of Gandalf 😆

Btw how about these shots those where high quality shots and looked amazing. Proberly prototype becouse part of the gloves are red to, but still.

image-17-06-2024_21-18-40-96.jpg
image-17-06-2024_21-18-48-48.jpg

New review up!!!

Holy F this is an amazing looking figure!!!!

Wow, while image quality in the vid isn’t the best it really shows just how good the head sculpt is. The likeness is right there. They managed to capture it and it’s top class. Looking forward now to getting him when ever it’s my turn to receive him.
Also just makes me want the next LotR reveal even more

Some of those head shots looked like scenes from the movie. Far and away the most realistic looking 1/6 figure I have ever seen.

Even the sculpted hair looks great. But my God, the rooted…

Anyway, nothing whatsoever that I can see looks “bad” or “off” about the figure. That’s just being weirdly contrarian. Everything looks exceptional best I can see. Pleased that I preordered the rooted hair version though!

Back