InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_7851.jpeg

Credit to Riley’s Reviews for the video that I pinched for the still.
IMG_7853.gif

Credit to Jonah Hill for screaming like a little girl. And credit to screaming little girls for screaming like little girls.

Last edited:
Some people simply can’t be pleased :panic:

At the end of the day, what’s one going to do? Pass on it since it doesn’t meet a certain level of criteria? I’ve personally come to realize/accept that not everything can be properly replicated/achieved in 1/6 mass production, but a major driving factor in purchasing these things is also to have the representation of that character. If I can “settle” with a multitude of other figures that leave more to be desired and enjoy them, I’d certainly be able to derive that enjoyment and then some with this INART Aragorn. IMO.

Also, why do people not mention the Standard (sculpted) release? Before the rooted hair craze (INART coming onto the scene), people were more than happy with sculpted hair. The Standard release was $335 USD including shipping from OneSixthKit. You get a lot of value and quality at that price point.

At the end of the day, what’s one going to do? Pass on it since it doesn’t meet a certain level of criteria?
Yes. If you’re not happy with it, why spend the money? Regardless of ppl here/ on the internet thinking it’s the best ever, if one simply isn’t happy with it, they shouldn’t feel forced to get it b/c everyone else thinks it’s so great. That goes for anything really and not just this figure.

I know I’ve bought into hype before from ppl on this forum saying I would regret if I didn’t purchase X item. However, I ended up regretting actually purchasing instead of just sticking to my guns.

Yes. If you’re not happy with it, why spend the money? Regardless of ppl here/ on the internet thinking it’s the best ever, if one simply isn’t happy with it, they shouldn’t feel forced to get it b/c everyone else thinks it’s so great. That goes for anything really and not just this figure.

I know I’ve bought into hype before from ppl on this forum saying I would regret if I didn’t purchase X item. However, I ended up regretting actually purchasing instead of just sticking to my guns.
This is how I feel about the Mace Windu figure. Do I really want a Mace Windu figure? Yes, I have for the 9 years I've been collecting.

But do I want one I'm not happy with? No, not really. I'm not going to regret passing on it even if they don't ever make another one.

InArt may make another Aragorn, they may not. Pass on this one if not happy with it, although I doubt any further offering is going to impress if this doesn't.

It was definitely a poor choice of words, but I guess my point is that I’ve just seen so many people try to diminish this thing, when it’s pretty nice (generally acclaimed), better than other mass-produced figures in relation to their own respective accuracy of the source (imo, lol).

For years, I have had several iterations of Aragorn in my collection, starting with a customized Sideshow and eventually the ACI. I think the ACI still is really nice, but the synthetic hair did it no favors. I think, finally, this release will satisfy most collectors looking to have a damned great piece. Sure, you can invest in one of a kind customs, as I have countless times, but this one appears to check all the boxes. Close enough to perfection for a mass-released figure.

Yeah, terrible choice of words. Of course, no one is obligated to purchase something for any X reason. However, I do think this particular INART Aragorn figure does get scrutinized unfairly, imo. That’s all I’ll say. I’ve seen so many people on Facebook act like it’s a terrible likeness and overall figure – me personally, I just don’t see where they’re coming from.

This is how I feel about the Mace Windu figure. Do I really want a Mace Windu figure? Yes, I have for the 9 years I've been collecting.

But do I want one I'm not happy with? No, not really. I'm not going to regret passing on it even if they don't ever make another one.

InArt may make another Aragorn, they may not. Pass on this one if not happy with it, although I doubt any further offering is going to impress if this doesn't.
Exactly this. I’ve been collecting 1:6 for 9 years now, and I can’t speak for everyone but I feel like at a certain point the quality of the figure becomes just as essential to your buying decision as does the actual character. Absolutely no way I’m taking up another spot in my limited remaining space for that completely half-assed Mace Windu or 89 Batman (not to mention the added storage space for the boxes) whereas I probably would have been more forgiving and gotten both in my earlier years of collecting.

It does get a little hyperbolic with the “well this is the best version we’ve ever gotten and likely will ever get” takes for figures. I always think of how gamers in the 90s thought that every new console was the best graphics it could ever get. JND for sure will make an Aragorn. Who knows what new company will come around within the next 3-5 years and also do LOTR figures. The floodgates have basically opened on WB stuff at this point.

I’m personally still very much looking forward to getting my rooted Aragorn, but it’s still only like 80% Viggo. I dunno, maybe younger collectors just haven’t watched and lived with these movies as much as some of us. But it still looks really good! My *main* complaint is the obvious downgrade from the proto and the fact that, personally, I don’t think companies should be showing off/advertising products that there is zero chance of it looking like the final product. I have lots of issues with EXO-6 but at least their promo pics are basically just the final production figures so you know really well what is going to end up in your hands.

Exactly this. I’ve been collecting 1:6 for 9 years now, and I can’t speak for everyone but I feel like at a certain point the quality of the figure becomes just as essential to your buying decision as does the actual character. Absolutely no way I’m taking up another spot in my limited remaining space for that completely half-assed Mace Windu or 89 Batman (not to mention the added storage space for the boxes) whereas I probably would have been more forgiving and gotten both in my earlier years of collecting.

It does get a little hyperbolic with the “well this is the best version we’ve ever gotten and likely will ever get” takes for figures. I always think of how gamers in the 90s thought that every new console was the best graphics it could ever get. JND for sure will make an Aragorn. Who knows what new company will come around within the next 3-5 years and also do LOTR figures. The floodgates have basically opened on WB stuff at this point.

I’m personally still very much looking forward to getting my rooted Aragorn, but it’s still only like 80% Viggo. I dunno, maybe younger collectors just haven’t watched and lived with these movies as much as some of us. But it still looks really good! My *main* complaint is the obvious downgrade from the proto and the fact that, personally, I don’t think companies should be showing off/advertising products that there is zero chance of it looking like the final product. I have lots of issues with EXO-6 but at least their promo pics are basically just the final production figures so you know really well what is going to end up in your hands.
And this is why I love the Freaks forum. Y’all have the highest standards in the 1/6 community - higher standards than me as well - people act like I demand and expect the impossible out of 1/6 on FB. 😂

The more time I’ve spent on here, the more I’ve come to find that I’m not as crazy as some of you on here - in no way, do I mean that as a bad thing. Certainly prefer this discourse/environment vs the incredibly lower standards that people share on Facebook, YouTube and Instagram when it comes to this hobby.

People laud the Mace Windu figure and ‘89 2.0 as “amazing” on those platforms and any ounce of scrutiny or critical feedback is usually met with general blowback.

EDIT: unfortunately, I don’t think I properly conveyed what I was trying to say, and it’s led to this discussion at the cost of my blunder with words, but oh well.

Last edited:
My *main* complaint is the obvious downgrade from the proto and the fact that, personally, I don’t think companies should be showing off/advertising products that there is zero chance of it looking like the final product.
I do strongly agree with this.
It’s all good and well showing me the best possible quality and accuracy that Viper and his skilled team of artists are personally capable of achieving but if that’s not what the assembly line of factory workers are going to be crafting for me then it’s just false advertising.

JND promise on delivering higher quality than their protos, which is the sort of aspiration I expect from every company in the game.

There are certain licenses- Lord of the Rings in particular- where I am now looking for the absolute best figures possible am I’m willing to pay.
I’ve got 3 InArt Aragorns on the way soon (hopefully) and will surely buy JND’s whenever that comes along- and any future InArt versions; Helm’s Deep, ROTK with Anduril, Black Gates armour. Give me InArt Brego too!

I was pretty confident to be included in the first batch since I PO'ed on the very first day, but I'm actually in the "956XX" range. Let's hope the next batch is coming soon :blissy

FOMO is a serious thing in this hobby. That’s why I also try to not get caught up in the “hype” of a new cool figure. You have to ask yourself if you’re really happy with it and if it’s a figure you think you “need”.

This won’t be the last Aragorn, the same way we haven’t seen the last of Joker or Gandalf. These companies are gonna churn out the same thing over and over again till the day we die and well beyond it. Buy what will make YOU happy. Everyone’s standards for these figure are different.

FOMO is a serious thing in this hobby. That’s why I also try to not get caught up in the “hype” of a new cool figure. You have to ask yourself if you’re really happy with it and if it’s a figure you think you “need”.

This won’t be the last Aragorn, the same way we haven’t seen the last of Joker or Gandalf. These companies are gonna churn out the same thing over and over again till the day we die and well beyond it. Buy what will make YOU happy. Everyone’s standards for these figure are different.
JND will do their own versions, but it 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 be INART’s last Fellowship Aragorn and Gandalf the Grey. They claimed they’d be “definitive” and don’t foresee remakes/reissues.

Of course, a Gandalf the White or a Return of the King Aragorn is a different story.

Back