InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sitting here pressing refresh on my e-mails for an e-mail I know I'm not going to receive yet...🤣 can't believe I missed the first batch. Could have sworn I'd ordered on the first day but must have slept on it too long. Congratulations on everyone receiving theirs, can't wait see more in hand photos once you get the figure.

if Kit got 18% and those boxes are all those and those are all, and each contain 4 figures, then its about 100-120 figures, that would mean Kit got approximately 550-700 orders for Aragorn.

if Kit got 18% and those boxes are all those and those are all, and each contain 4 figures, then its about 100-120 figures, that would mean Kit got approximately 550-700 orders for Aragorn.
And that doesn't even account for all of the other figures ordered from other stores. Likely thousands of Aragorn's were/are being produced.

I get people are frustrated with the delays but rooted hair isn't a quick or easy process and doing it for thousands of figures (maybe even tens of thousands if you consider that they're making figures of multiple popular characters) is going to take a while.

Can’t remember the last time I’ve been this hyped to receive a collectible, probably shows how burnt out I am but the excitement can still be lit!
Thought the same. I need to cut back. I remember how excited I was for my first few figures a few years ago. It was amazing to have it in hand with all the materials/fabric and accessoires. Nowadays, I rip it open, look at it real quick and put it onto the shelf or back into the package for later.

Need more time to enjoy special figures and less overall stuff.

Anyway, having high quality figures like Aragorn makes me want to build great backdrops and presentations. So my inner creative mind is alreadyhappy and working

Let's go! Very excited.

I do wonder whether this will be the only Aragorn they make. He wears much the same throughout all 3 trilogies with the exception of Helm's Deep, the assault on Mordor... which, quick aside, is a really cool outfit imo, and then his Kingly garb.

It's going to be really tough to get extra Aragorn heads isn't it? I could put the HD Asmus head on this InArt and cover it with the hood and use the InArt head for the Helm's Deep... that is, when I'm looking for a change up.

Anyone wants mine from Kit? It’s the rooted hair version, haven’t paid my invoice yet, I don’t really want it. If anyone wants to cover my $60 preorder fee, pls DM me, I will ask @Kit Chen to forward the invoice to you

Wait a minute, all this time thought/assumed we were getting the Bree cloak too. No? Pffftttt. :pfft:

Factoring in the cost, I don't think that this is "the best" 1/6 in my collection, anyway. Tho not sure what I would put up there.

Watching the vid....the jacket seams are still way too wide; the jacket looks too short, dunno what else may not be accurate. Well, whenever he gets here, looks like it's an "alright" Aragorn with the best head sculpt so far, but not the ULTIMATE Aragorn. Or what I would think of as the ultimate. This one's gonna need some tweaks including figuring out what to do with those hands. Maybe I'll just ram some putty in the sockets. Wouldn't be the first fig I've had to cheat to get them to hold a weapon.

Wait a minute, all this time thought/assumed we were getting the Bree cloak too. No? Pffftttt. :pfft:

Factoring in the cost, I don't think that this is "the best" 1/6 in my collection, anyway. Tho not sure what I would put up there.

Watching the vid....the jacket seams are still way too wide; the jacket looks too short, dunno what else may not be accurate. Well, whenever he gets here, looks like it's an "alright" Aragorn with the best head sculpt so far, but not the ULTIMATE Aragorn. Or what I would think of as the ultimate. This one's gonna need some tweaks including figuring out what to do with those hands. Maybe I'll just ram some putty in the sockets. Wouldn't be the first fig I've had to cheat to get them to hold a weapon.
What I have found is that Aragorn gets more of a *slight* pass by the community and isn’t scrutinized as much because in all fairness, it isn’t a really straightforward costume design and let’s face it, there’s less people that are more privy to the design and details (compare that to the level of fair/legit criticism INART Battinson receives). But on that same note, to say it’s only “alright” is crazy, IMO. It’s easily the ultimate Aragorn in 1/6.

Generally speaking, it’s funny to see certain people try to diminish this figure to some capacity, but figures like Hot Toys AOTC Padmé are lauded as incredible in the general consensus, when that particular figure leaves more to be desired than this INART Aragorn. Just as an example.

Last edited:
If you aren't satisfied with Inart Aragorn, then you may never find satisfaction. Pursuing perfection can be a futile and endless endeavor.

It is the ultimate Aragorn right now at least, sure things can better, but I'm just glad it's being released instead of being stuck in R&D for god knows how many more years.

Who's the competition, Asmus and Aci? They were OK at the time but nowhere near the level of this release by Inart imo.

If you aren't satisfied with Inart Aragorn, then you may never find satisfaction. Pursuing perfection can be a futile and endless endeavor.

It is the ultimate Aragorn right now at least, sure things can better, but I'm just glad it's being released instead of being stuck in R&D for god knows how many more years.

Who's the competition, Asmus and Aci? They were OK at the time but nowhere near the level of this release by Inart imo.
I'll agree it's the ultimate Aragorn for now - and I have to emphasize, at this price point.

For me it's the balance of cost (since I can't afford a $$$$$$ custom) vs. what you receive. Personally, think ASMUS has always done a fine job "tailoring" and their material choices - as have many, since I've bought various 1/6 costume items over the years. Some great; some not so great.

Without having the fig in hand, from pics, I'd say the vambraces, boots, and some other costume items look really good. I'm disappointed in the elven cloak, which at this price point IMO could have been a fine weave like the original. And the jacket items I mentioned.

And I wouldn't say anything except for the "InArt hype" and the price, which I think is on the high side for what you get. Then again, EVERYTHING has gone up. Just being real. Is it the best Viggo sculpt out there? Yes, tho I think it looks a bit young and not 100%.

Appreciate the way you phrased things - in any event, this is likely to be the last Aragorn I ever buy. It's not that a "better" version won't be released - probably, by someone. But prices continue to climb:horror. I'm never going to be in the position of spending hundreds, even thousands, for a 1/6 scale figure, not even for my ultimate favorites. So I wish InART had tweaked a few things. Maybe included a "Bree chair".

Maybe I am misunderstanding you, but have we not seen lots of pictures and reviews of this figure featuring the Bree cloak?
Yeah, including reviews....

So I guess it's included, but the last vid it didn't seem like it was.

I'd be disappointed as I like Aragorn best as "really Ranger" tho he still is through most of LOTR - er.

Maybe I'm just tired of elven cloaks.

Back