InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, Inart sends batches to influencers overseas, where they're not licensed to sell, to promote a product with an exclusive item that you can't even get.

Enjoy their products if you will. But don't perpetuate the idea they also try to sell, which is that they have your best interest as a collector.

They're no more special than any other company.
I think the weird thing is sending long sold out products to be reviewed in the first place. You can't really get the product now anyway (without some markup). What they sold to the customers is what they are sending.

Another reviewer said his was folded up.

1000043013.png
1000043014.jpg

I'm excited to receive mine (whenever that may be) but the lack of the ranger cloak is definitely going to put a downer on it. I had planned on displaying him similar to the old Sideshow Strider statue as those travelling scenes from Bree up into Moria are my favourites where he is almost always wearing the dark cloak.

Personally I'd argue that the ranger cloak is way more essential to his Fellowship look than the shards of Narsil (given there is no way to display them...) or those pointless bloody hands which can't even hold a weapon!

Sorry for the rant, just a lot of money for an incomplete version of a character. Let's see what JND come up with...

Can this be unfolded and worn though? It could just be a tied roll of fabric but not a usable cloak. From the videos I've seen, the dark cloak was a separate item entirely from the rolled up version.
It is just rolled fabric. I opened it up to see if it is hidden there :/

I'm excited to receive mine (whenever that may be) but the lack of the ranger cloak is definitely going to put a downer on it. I had planned on displaying him similar to the old Sideshow Strider statue as those travelling scenes from Bree up into Moria are my favourites where he is almost always wearing the dark cloak.

Personally I'd argue that the ranger cloak is way more essential to his Fellowship look than the shards of Narsil (given there is no way to display them...) or those pointless bloody hands which can't even hold a weapon!

Sorry for the rant, just a lot of money for an incomplete version of a character. Let's see what JND come up with...
Yep. And I suspect for whatever reason 50% or more purchases weren't directly from INArt, any more than folks order directly from Prime 1. IMO people are entitled to go to sellers they have established relationships with, if possible.

InArt's own unboxing video doesn't have a big pop up message either saying the ranger cloak and rolled cloak is only for a direct order. We are all paying the same retail, yes?

Sideshow, ASMUS and others have had exclusives but at least I knew what was going on ahead of time. :pfft: Besides the fact that the ranger cloak is such an iconic look for the character, heck the first time we see the character he's wearing it!

Yep. And I suspect for whatever reason 50% or more purchases weren't directly from INArt, any more than folks order directly from Prime 1. IMO people are entitled to go to sellers they have established relationships with, if possible.

InArt's own unboxing video doesn't have a big pop up message either saying the ranger cloak and rolled cloak is only for a direct order. We are all paying the same retail, yes?

Sideshow, ASMUS and others have had exclusives but at least I knew what was going on ahead of time. :pfft: Besides the fact that the ranger cloak is such an iconic look for the character, heck the first time we see the character he's wearing it!
The worst part about making an essential item exclusive to InArt is that we couldn't even order it directly from them even if we wanted too!! I understand doing exclusives down the line when they have full international licensing and distribution, but not when they are a handful of figures into their release schedule and customers are having to jump through hoops and order through other retailers just to get the figures. Utterly ridiculous.

The worst part about making an essential item exclusive to InArt is that we couldn't even order it directly from them even if we wanted too!! I understand doing exclusives down the line when they have full international licensing and distribution, but not when they are a handful of figures into their release schedule and customers are having to jump through hoops and order through other retailers just to get the figures. Utterly ridiculous.
It’s hardly jumping through hoops to place a pre-order at OSK or any other store :lol

So, Inart sends batches to influencers overseas, where they're not licensed to sell, to promote a product with an exclusive item that you can't even get.

Enjoy their products if you will. But don't perpetuate the idea they also try to sell, which is that they have your best interest as a collector.

They're no more special than any other company.
I will agree, the whole influencer batch/batch system in general, is getting old. I like seeing the figure beforehand, but its been 5 months since The Batman went to influencers and I still dont have mine. If it was a couple weeks after that they started sending out many more, and all were out within 3-4 months then it would be no big deal to me.

That being said, InArt isn't sending these directly to the influencers. Jedha Patrol and Justin get them from Pop Collectibles, Will Foxification, BigBreda (when he was part of it) and I believe maybe Riley get their's from Kit. Others, get from whoever they are affiliated with. They also do place the order with those sellers when those drop for preorder, but they get at their negotiated discounts with their affiliate.

Kit and the other affiliates are the ones working with InArt to get to the influencers. BigBreda just mentioned Friday why he is no longer part of the InArt influencer batch. He said he posted a picture of Gandalf on Instagram early on. Kit reached out to him and told him InArt wants him to take it down. They didn't want anything posted of the figure until the morning of a certain day. Breda took it down, but was pissed. So, Breda ended up posting his review at 11:59pm the night before. That pissed InArt off, so now he is no longer part of it.

It was nine months I believe between Justin Collectable's (influencer) and regular people receiving their Gandalf's in hand. Unfortunate wait between influencer's and regular collectors however it it what it is. What I don't understand is the casual audience who happen to come across influencer reviews, love the product and are extremely interested in purchasing. That said person was not there at the beginning of day one preorder/cut off. They're pretty much SOL in purchasing Gandalf. Same can be said about Aragorn, Harry Potter etc. Can people still order these? And if they managed to find prices have been increase and how reputable are the sellers? I know it's the game but sad a little!

I'm sure we'll get word on this one way or the other from Kit soon.
Mine arrived stateside yesterday (I believe it's in Chicago). I bought it through Giantoy rather than OSK (had slightly more rewards with them at the time lol), so maybe by the end of the week we'll know if Giantoy customers are getting the ranger cloak.

I'm sure we'll get word on this one way or the other from Kit soon.
I read somewhere that Kit said that orders from him were going to include the Ranger Cloak. Where was this that he claimed this? And if true then are we that ordered and didn't (potentially) receive the cloak going to be getting one shipped out to us? Again this is all speculation but I don't remember him saying we were getting one of if it was a misunderstanding or what. Honestly I am a bit annoyed with not getting the cloak however as I was planning to display the full Ranger look (much like the old Sideshow statue) but I have managed without the Ranger cloak for all the past Aragorn figures (I didn't have the Sideshow so I don't know if he came with one or not) and ended up using the Elven cloak..

But yeah InArt really should have included the Ranger cloak with all orders after the amount of backlash they got for not including it to begin with. So we fans that voiced our concern only benefited the Chinese market collectors? Ridiculous indeed.

It was never officially declared that that piece was a limited exclusive, right? It was presumed to be a standard part of the set, both premium and regular, correct?

I haven't been following this latest snafu.

While InArt’s entrance in the 1/6 community was pretty ambitious their distribution system is so wrong in so many levels. I haven’t even got the deluxe version but I’m pissed for all of you. It’s just a cloak, just put it in the box! Their figures are already overpriced. While I’m not a hot toys fanboy and most of my collection is third party, HT figures usually ship after a month or two after final product images are posted on their social media. That’s what InArt should do, nobody cares about influencers or their reviews. Customers must be a priority and they shouldn’t wait for a year to get a figure which was released 8months ago. For the same reason I cancelled their Batman, bc I just didn’t care about it anymore. (I’m a Batfleck fan) Definitely won’t cancel Aragorn or Superman as they are one of my fav characters but I hope they put their :poop: together, otherwise they’ll sink faster than they think.
It was never officially declared that that piece was a limited exclusive, right? It was presumed to be a standard part of the set, both premium and regular, correct?

I haven't been following this latest snafu.
As I remember it was a part of the rooted version, might be wrong but that’s how I remember it. Bc when I ordered sculpted version I checked what I was missing and just didn’t care about broken sword, bloody fists and cloak

Last edited:
Back