InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How are people volumizing the hair

88f96229787c2daafe085db8e7e4221a26-hair-volume-7.h473.w710.gif

How are people volumizing the hair, especially on top? It's laying a little too flat out of the box. Thanks.
I talk with one guy and he completely washed out all of the product out of the air and styled it. I don’t think I’m gonna go that far but what I’ve done was water treatment,(my daughters mist water spray bottle 😆)soft brush slow away from his face because he has a big forehead area lol but here’s what I got so far.

Attachments

• IMG_3931.jpeg
    IMG_3931.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Couldn't agree more. I don't even have mine yet but I'm already planning on butchering it. Look, it's a great Aragorn straight out of the box but there are a lot of things that could have been done a lot better and with more care, (which Neko has incredibly shown!) especially at the price point.

The jerkin is probably the worst item. Not only is it missing all sorts of details, it's way too short at the front and the back is supposed to be long enough to touch the back of the boots!! InArt version looks like a miniskirt 😅.

View attachment 726168
The coat/jacket length is bugging me too. I KNOW I am going to be tugging at it to see if I can stretch the length = probably not. Keeps reminding me, as is, of men-in-tights.....

Some of this IMO is baffling, as it was so easily rectified at minimal to no additional cost.

Ah, well. Found out pretty fast in this hobby there's a lot of futzing and/or repair that may be needed, depending.
And maybe if I have him on his new horse, I can fudge the jacket length. 😁

Apparently my Aragorn is now in the country. I think in New York from the tracking. Just hope the folks painting my sculpt weren't asleep at the wheel. And he's got "good hair".

On My Way Running GIF by Westminster Kennel Club

Pizza's Aragorn got good hair. :lol

Last edited:
Unpacked mine today, futzed with hair a tad but this is a killer piece. I'm hoping they sort the ranger cloak situation out but still a stunning piece!
LOL I like fluffy hair, I'd be shoving that sculpt under a faucet ASAP.

crossfire hurricane vintage GIF

But yeah, looks like you got a good sculpt/hair.

I just like sculpted hair more as it looks better out of box. No more rooted hair for me ever I think.... Unless it's the only version available.

Mine arrived today and unboxed. Excellent figure! Really good.

Only con I have is one leg on mine is like it’s not connecting correctly to the magnet in the base and I’ve spent a good while getting him to stand whereas the other connects just fine.
They haven’t quite mastered the magnets in the feet like KP have.

My Aragorn has arrived! 4 days, fast! THANK YOU, @Kit Chen

I hope I can get to him today... but there's just so much to go through, just to check for all the parts before you even think about futzing. I haven't even finished Gandalf's final futz yet. Going to be LOTR Day for several days around here.

My Aragorn has arrived! 4 days, fast! THANK YOU, @Kit Chen

I hope I can get to him today... but there's just so much to go through, just to check for all the parts before you even think about futzing. I haven't even finished Gandalf's final futz yet. Going to be LOTR Day for several days around here.
I've never seen Wor Gar this excited

Mine arrived today and unboxed. Excellent figure! Really good.

Only con I have is one leg on mine is like it’s not connecting correctly to the magnet in the base and I’ve spent a good while getting him to stand whereas the other connects just fine.
They haven’t quite mastered the magnets in the feet like KP have.
Personally I wouldn’t trust these magnet stands, it’s cool for the photos and stuff but for the long term display I’d advise to use a traditional stand. If the figure falls down sculpt might get damaged. That’s what I’m going to do.

Last edited:
Personally I wouldn’t trust these magnet stands, it’s cool for the photos and stuff but for the long term display I’d advise to use a transitional stand. If the figure falls down sculpt might get damaged. That’s what I’m going to do.
Yeah I’m thinking of swapping to a different base, just want to get a good one

Invoice from Kit received, paid and Elessar is on his way! Out of interest; for those in the UK, how long did it take to arrive from dispatch?
7 days?!?!? You might want to hang out at the pub when the delivery person drops off the package at your house...

the-ring-horror.gif

People may not want to hear this, but if you order a product from a third party re-seller, from a company that does not even have a legal license to sell that product in your region, there is probably going to be zero customer support for you.

Yes, it would be nice if they took the extra step, but there could honestly be legal reasons for that, even despite the fact that overseas shipping for replacement parts that they have no way of validating were even damaged out of the box (because it was purchased from a re-seller), may not be financially viable for them.

That being said, QC issues suck, and I hope they get this stuff figured out as they scale up and continue.
This is false. Speaking from experience with my InArt Pennywise. My diorama came broken. I reached out to Kit and InArt was able to provide the pieces for replacement. I live in the US not within the licensed region.

And there have been several people with other issues that have been taken care of. Be it missing or broken parts and accessories to issues with the headsculpts. They only ask that you destroy the headsculpt and provide proof.

Back