InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The holes for the peg are too small in the hands for the peg itself so its a case of using heat or make them wider yourself
Exactly this and if you do this you'll notice the hands grip extremely well, also 2 of the hands look identical but aren't the same.

Yet to sit and futz and find a pose I like but for now. While I'm extremely frustrated with inart there's no denying that make museum pieces.

1000043629.jpg

20% is a pretty good chunk, would imagine most people who ordered day one should be in that batch, if not everyone.

There were probably a lot of people who sat on the standard vs. premium debate for at least a couple of days, thus why I think most of the day one orders should be in this group.

Be interested to see more pics of it. It looked pretty bad in Jedha’s video.
Actually I disagree. I think a lot of the pictures of the premium haven't looked great, mostly from people who aren't getting the hair set properly. There were a ton of Gandalf figures with hair that looked way too wide and beards that were way too poofy. I feel there's a lot of Aragorn figures that the hair doesn't look right, whereas with the sculpted there isn't that problem.

This isn't to start yet another sculpted versus rooted debate so I hope it doesn't devolve into that, but I think based on the early reviews the sculpted looks quite good.

Actually I disagree. I think a lot of the pictures of the premium haven't looked great, mostly from people who aren't getting the hair set properly. There were a ton of Gandalf figures with hair that looked way too wide and beards that were way too poofy. I feel there's a lot of Aragorn figures that the hair doesn't look right, whereas with the sculpted there isn't that problem.

This isn't to start yet another sculpted versus rooted debate so I hope it doesn't devolve into that, but I think based on the early reviews the sculpted looks quite good.
I just think it's a bit meh and lacks enough detail and the way it frames the face isn't great either imo. Maybe it's because I have the Premium version but this just doesn't look good to me.
1726672766426.png
1726672796787.png
1726672897400.png

The rooted requires a little bit of work yeah but it looks miles better once you get it set properly.

Honestly, I don't think you could wrong either way with this one. There's pro's and con's to each version. Honestly, the sculpted will always have it's hair "set". The rooted needs to be styled a little. I still haven't done that yet, as it needs a little more volume in the crown area. Not entirely sure if wetting it down, removing some of the factory product is the best course of action. I don't want to try and fix what isn't broken after all.

I just think it's a bit meh and lacks enough detail and the way it frames the face isn't great either imo. Maybe it's because I have the Premium version but this just doesn't look good to me.
View attachment 726484View attachment 726485View attachment 726486

The rooted requires a little bit of work yeah but it looks miles better once you get it set properly.
Personally I like exactly how hair is covering the face, looks very movie accurate and beautiful to me. It also has a proper color. Low quality images and flat lighting can’t really capture the detail. I think it looks great at least for me. Rooted hair is beautiful but it requires work to make it look good and I don’t really like how hair length varies, most of them have a shorter hair than it’s supposed to be. I guess it’s about personal preferences both of them look good.

So fall all the customer pics have made the rooted look infinitely better than the initial influencer videos, so I am very curious to see the pics of the sculpted start rolling in.
Yeah same, I think the lighting in those videos washes out the details. This sculpt benefits from some shadow and low lighting due to how angular his face is.

So fall all the customer pics have made the rooted look infinitely better than the initial influencer videos, so I am very curious to see the pics of the sculpted start rolling in.
Influencers, especially those on YouTube, rarely make these figures look as good as they do in person.

Everyone’s probably sick of my pics by now but I can’t stop taking them. I love this figure.

IMG_5861.jpeg
IMG_5864.jpeg
IMG_5865.jpeg
IMG_5866.jpeg
IMG_5867.jpeg
IMG_5868.jpeg
IMG_5869.jpeg
IMG_5870.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5860.jpeg
    IMG_5860.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5858.jpeg
    IMG_5858.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5857.jpeg
    IMG_5857.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5855.jpeg
    IMG_5855.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5859.jpeg
    IMG_5859.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5856.jpeg
    IMG_5856.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Personally I like exactly how hair is covering the face, looks very movie accurate and beautiful to me. It also has a proper color. Low quality images and flat lighting can’t really capture the detail. I think it looks great at least for me. Rooted hair is beautiful but it requires work to make it look good and I don’t really like how hair length varies, most of them have a shorter hair than it’s supposed to be. I guess it’s about personal preferences both of them look good.
Yeah, if mine has overly clipped hair I'm gonna be annoyed.

And who decides what hair is "right" for this character. Scene to scene he has "blowy" hair, sweaty hair, tangled hair...the only consistent issue I see is that no bangs/light front layers were cut in, which makes the forehead look big. I think the sculpted looks great. Took me a while to go with the rooted.

I don't associate this character with "great hair" like Thranduil and Thorin, or some of the elves.

Actually IMO, if you push the hair off the face, I can really see Aragorn's ROTK look. Imagine InArt could put that version out with minimal effort since the sculpt is there.

Yeah, if mine has overly clipped hair I'm gonna be annoyed.

And who decides what hair is "right" for this character. Scene to scene he has "blowy" hair, sweaty hair, tangled hair...the only consistent issue I see is that no bangs/light front layers were cut in, which makes the forehead look big. I think the sculpted looks great. Took me a while to go with the rooted.

I don't associate this character with "great hair" like Thranduil and Thorin, or some of the elves.

Actually IMO, if you push the hair off the face, I can really see Aragorn's ROTK look. Imagine InArt could put that version out with minimal effort since the sculpt is there.
Based on the success of this release I think they’ll do another versions as well as this one is called Fellowship of the ring Aragorn. They can do two more lol

Back