InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
InArt doesn't seem to seal their paint as well as Hot Toys at least based on my Gandalf figure. My figure has a visible paint rub on the end of his nose after Gandalf face-planted onto my hardwood floor from a bottom Detolf shelf (I opened the door not seeing that the figure was leaning against the door). Not taking the chance with Aragrorn.
Yep, not taking any chances. As soon as I noticed, I put him on a spare Asmus LOTR crotch grabber.

My Gandalf seemed solidly attched to the base. One day I found him on the floor. It's not that the magnets aren't strong enough. It's the ankle pegs. Your figure MOVES ever lo slightly. It may take a few months, but if the figure isn't perfectly balanced the weight will eventually cause the figure to lean and the ankle pegs to bend. And your figure WILL fall.

My Gandalf seemed solidly attched to the base. One day I found him on the floor. It's not that the magnets aren't strong enough. It's the ankle pegs. Your figure MOVES ever lo slightly. It may take a few months, but if the figure isn't perfectly balanced the weight will eventually cause the figure to lean and the ankle pegs to bend. And your figure WILL fall.
More free advertising for cocoboloboy bases, lol.

That looks pretty good. Yah, since I washed out all the original product his hair looks more like Sam Bankman-Fried.

I think mine is gonna take a combination of heat and after reading about getting "wet look" hair, super hold gel as well as clips to literally weight the hair as it dries. The positive tho is assuming this is mohair that's a tough fiber, plus I've got so much hair don't have to worry about shedding. Usually I have the opposite problem with rooted sculpts with not enough hair.

Shame this isn't Thorin, who could benefit from this kind of fiber. Or Gimli. If they do Legolas I'll be interested in what kind of fiber. I don't know if mohair can be completely straightened to look like "elf hair".

Thanks.

Direct heat might destroy the wool or mohair (if it is mohair because of the sheen). I'm thinking of suits when pressed, there is usually a something between the iron and the suit to prevent the fabric from getting damages. Also, those are woven threads unlike this.

Back