InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
InArt doesn't seem to seal their paint as well as Hot Toys at least based on my Gandalf figure. My figure has a visible paint rub on the end of his nose after Gandalf face-planted onto my hardwood floor from a bottom Detolf shelf (I opened the door not seeing that the figure was leaning against the door). Not taking the chance with Aragrorn.
Yep, not taking any chances. As soon as I noticed, I put him on a spare Asmus LOTR crotch grabber.

My Gandalf seemed solidly attched to the base. One day I found him on the floor. It's not that the magnets aren't strong enough. It's the ankle pegs. Your figure MOVES ever lo slightly. It may take a few months, but if the figure isn't perfectly balanced the weight will eventually cause the figure to lean and the ankle pegs to bend. And your figure WILL fall.

My Gandalf seemed solidly attched to the base. One day I found him on the floor. It's not that the magnets aren't strong enough. It's the ankle pegs. Your figure MOVES ever lo slightly. It may take a few months, but if the figure isn't perfectly balanced the weight will eventually cause the figure to lean and the ankle pegs to bend. And your figure WILL fall.
More free advertising for cocoboloboy bases, lol.

That looks pretty good. Yah, since I washed out all the original product his hair looks more like Sam Bankman-Fried.

I think mine is gonna take a combination of heat and after reading about getting "wet look" hair, super hold gel as well as clips to literally weight the hair as it dries. The positive tho is assuming this is mohair that's a tough fiber, plus I've got so much hair don't have to worry about shedding. Usually I have the opposite problem with rooted sculpts with not enough hair.

Shame this isn't Thorin, who could benefit from this kind of fiber. Or Gimli. If they do Legolas I'll be interested in what kind of fiber. I don't know if mohair can be completely straightened to look like "elf hair".

Thanks.

Direct heat might destroy the wool or mohair (if it is mohair because of the sheen). I'm thinking of suits when pressed, there is usually a cloth or something between the iron and the suit to prevent the fabric from getting damaged. Also, those are woven threads made to woven fabrics unlike this.

Last edited:
Oke i might over edited this, but i kinda like it
Picsart_24-09-23_19-49-20-785.png

Thanks.

Direct heat might destroy the wool or mohair (if it is mohair because of the sheen). I'm thinking of suits when pressed, there is usually a cloth or something between the iron and the suit to prevent the fabric from getting damaged. Also, those are woven threads made to woven fabrics unlike this.
Good point (y) . I'll probably just go with wetting the hair, products, and weighting the hair with mini clips to dry.

Which basically is just redoing what InArt had done, except reducing some of the curl and/or clumping the hair more finely.

Was hoping to have less product but there's just too much thickness here, and I don't have the nerve to try to thin it out manually. Or the experience.

The hair futzing on this guy is at another level compared to any other figure I've owned. I'm not complaining, just stating that you should expect to spend an hour or so with this sculpt out of the box getting it to look screen accurate. In the film, his hair is basically straight and then descends into so fairly significant curling about 3/4 of the way down from being wind-blown, horse riding, Battle sweat, etc.

I have no issue with how InArt prepared the hair for shipping, because the product they used provides the necessary hold on the wool hair so it keeps its shape (more or less) after futzing. But if you want him to look right, you really need to turn about 75% to 85% of those tight-ish curls into loose-ish waves until you get to the bottom.

And the bonus you get after spending the time and doing all that is that you will get a noticeable (and required, in my opinion) increase in the overall length of his hair! I was able to get at least a good extra couple centimeters of length once the curls came down.

The hair futzing on this guy is at another level compared to any other figure I've owned. I'm not complaining, just stating that you should expect to spend an hour or so with this sculpt out of the box getting it to look screen accurate. In the film, his hair is basically straight and then descends into so fairly significant curling about 3/4 of the way down from being wind-blown, horse riding, Battle sweat, etc.

I have no issue with how InArt prepared the hair for shipping, because the product they used provides the necessary hold on the wool hair so it keeps its shape (more or less) after futzing. But if you want him to look right, you really need to turn about 75% to 85% of those tight-ish curls into loose-ish waves until you get to the bottom.

And the bonus you get after spending the time and doing all that is that you will get a noticeable (and required, in my opinion) increase in the overall length of his hair! I was able to get at least a good extra couple centimeters of length once the curls came down.
Thanks, yeah, I wasn't expecting to do anything except minor futzing. Like, I don't have super freeze hair gel. But no worries, anyone who buys extra weapons, mugs, horses, etc. can get hair gel and spend some time.

Long term project would be how to make a "Rohan" saddle in 1/6 which of course doesn't exist. šŸ˜

Back