InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally received mine...no way I'm trusting these magnetic bases! Can't even open it to move them around.

My Gandalf seemed solidly attched to the base. One day I found him on the floor. It's not that the magnets aren't strong enough. It's the ankle pegs. Your figure MOVES ever lo slightly. It may take a few months, but if the figure isn't perfectly balanced the weight will eventually cause the figure to lean and the ankle pegs to bend. And your figure WILL fall.

Never understood the beef collectors have with crotch grabbers. I would prefer 100% insurance that my $450 figure will not fall even if it hinders my display pose!

Finally received mine...no way I'm trusting these magnetic bases! Can't even open it to move them around.

Yeah, I switched Gandalf and Aragorn to crotch grabbers after similar events.

I like the innovation and the idea behind the magnetic base without a visible stand for figures, but I don't know what could have possibly led InArt to roll this out to customers on some of the most highly prized figures ever made without performing the level of situational testing and troubleshooting exercises required to make sure customers of this new line would not be posting stories like this almost universally! Mind boggling...

Because with some pretty common sensical tweaks, the magnet base approach could be pretty awesome and revolutionize the hobby. But definitely NOT in its present form!

Sorry to hear you’re having quite the time taming his hair. I assume that isn’t the experience InArt wants their customers to have. Would this be considered a defect? Could you theoretically ask for a replacement head or something? If a case can be made for a paint mishap, I feel like one can be made for a rooted hair issue.
Thank you! No, I don't think it's a "defect" per se, but just the variants of production work and dealing with fiber - either artificial or real.

So some folks are gonna get a nice look out of the box - I didn't, because of the curl and I didn't like the way the hair was matted from product. TBH if I told the folks at Inart - "my fig has too much hair and I washed it and now he looks like Sam Bankman Fried or someone in a religious musical" they'd probably laugh in my face. 😁

I can deal with fiber. It could have been a lot worse like missing parts, badly stitched costume, messy paint, glue blobs. Ultimately it will be no more work than the 1/6 repairs I've had to do, time to time.

Congrats on getting him. And I won't be trusting the magnetic base either - haven't even messed with it- tho my fig seems to have pretty stiff ankles.

Got my Aragorn while I was away for the weekend, so just unboxed it last night. Headsculpt is good though the hair appears to be a lighter brown on mine than first batch unless that's all lighting. Considering the hair differences in Joker, it wouldn't surprise me. Thankfully no QC issues so far that I can see, but haven't actually opened everything. Hands are definitely a tight fit and will need to use a hair dryer to really get them securely on. I haven't opened up every little baggy yet, so hoping everything else is ok. Haven't tried the base magnets yet, so we'll see. I don't think it was shown in the promos, but it would've been nice to have that same gold paint inside the letters of his name like they did with Gandalf.

Aragorn at Helm's Deep ...

Great pics as always @Pizza :clap Nice work using the Helm's Deep dio that came with Asmus Legolas 2.0

Back