InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking this has so many options for different looks. I might do strider first so removing the gauntlets and not adding the knife yet. But I'm glad you have an option on how to display all three looks from the films, unless you get a red shirt to go for TT or ROTK.

my poor mans (sculpted) version, is scheduled to be delivered Monday!!
I ordered the sculpted. I'm a "set it and forget it" type of guy. I don't see myself spending hours styling 1/6 hair. I know I would be very frustrated even if a strand of hair was off. I'm not a poor man. I just prefer sculpted.

I ordered the sculpted. I'm a "set it and forget it" type of guy. I don't see myself spending hours styling 1/6 hair. I know I would be very frustrated even if a strand of hair was off. I'm not a poor man. I just prefer sculpted.
I'm a sucker for having the biggest and best edition of something. Plus Gandalf is rooted so for the sake of consistency I need to go with rooted for the rest of the line.

I'm new at dealing with mohair hair but yeah, bet the folks here who've done rooting could talk probably about the patience needed. Tho some folks it looks like got the rooted Aragorn look right out of the box.

I just figure it goes with the 1/6 territory like picking up a 3rd party - am thinking of Captain America and Bucky here - and every single strap and lacing needed to be put on and fastened.

BTW, anyone know why there are tiny silver tabs on the string that's on the bit of cloth that's stuffed into the quiver? Or is that just film accuracy?

Not idly do the Leaves of Lorien fall….

IMG0242.jpeg

Last edited:
Did the cylinder head casing easily just pop up for y’all? I’m trying to twist the bottom piece clockwise, counterclockwise, still won’t come off

NO! And I still can't get the bottom off. I think mine's glued. I got the top off pretty easy and just took the head out that way.

I would like to get the stand out though at some point, so I can address the hair.

BTW, anyone know why there are tiny silver tabs on the string that's on the bit of cloth that's stuffed into the quiver? Or is that just film accuracy?
Film accuracy however the arrows are supposed to go into that grey bag rather than be separate from it. He has the arrows covered at various points throughout the film.

NO! And I still can't get the bottom off. I think mine's glued. I got the top off pretty easy and just took the head out that way.

I would like to get the stand out though at some point, so I can address the hair.
Yeah, I had to pop the top off and make my way through the foam too.

It probably is glued. It took a heck of a lot of force for me to get the bottom off of mine and it was b/c it was glued to the base. I can see some of the residue along one of the edges. Whatever glue they use for the T-1000 base that holds the heads must've not been dry before they closed it with the clear cylinder. You're going to have to use some serious elbow grease to get it off that base.

I really want this figure but since its sold out the only option i have in my country are either buy the rooted version for $1000 or the sculpted version for $875. Which version should i go for? Do you think it is not worth buying at all for these prices?

Toysbuyingagent still have stock for the rooted and ready to ship. I paid €680 shipped there and it got delivered from HK to the Netherlands in just 4 freaking days. So higly recommend that place😉

Did the cylinder head casing easily just pop up for y’all? I’m trying to twist the bottom piece clockwise, counterclockwise, still won’t come off

I haven't got my Aragorn yet but I had a very similar experience to this with my Gandalf. I put elastic bands around the top and bottom black rings, twisted it forever and ever but it wouldn't lift off properly. When I eventually got it open it took so much force that I almost smacked the cylinder against the sculpt. I don't see any glue residue, so I'm not sure what was going on. If it's not budging, it might be safer to go through the top or figure out another way to bust him out of there.

Not at all! I needed to use a flat screwdriver to work around the edges and pry the bottom off as gently as I could. But that was after half an hour of absolutely wrecking my hands trying to twist it open,

Back