InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My experience with this figure is that the sculpt looks amazing under natural light, and borderline terrible under certain artificial lights.
Hard shadows destroy the likeness. Nice defused light make it look incredible.

I disagree, the likeness seems to really pop under harsher light that shows the fine creases in the face.

Nicely sculpted? I thought it lacked detail.
I mean looking at the comparisons here, the rooted looks on a different level imo.

View attachment 728892
View attachment 728894

I don't have this in hand yet because I waffled between sculpted and rooted, having ordered the Gandalf already. Really glad I went for the rooted. My issue with InArt rooted still persists. The paint is just to shiny, and the sculpt not HD enough. I ended up selling my sculpted Joker and tracking down a 2 pack for a decent price for that exact reason.

I will preach that the sculpted Bruce Wayne runs laps around the rooted one. Even the "styled" ones end up looking like a Hot Topic Halloween wig crossed with a ****** bowl cut. It does seem like they improved that on Harry Potter though.

I am a pretty ardent believer that if it's a shorter style than shoulder-ish length, just sculpt it and stick with it. Obviously there are exceptions like Beetlejuice, but on the whole there is a point of diminishing return.
Speaking of diminishing returns - and maybe cutomizers can comment - I've got so much product in mine to tamp down the volume I wonder what the point is vs. sculpted. I always thought rooted if well done needs minimal product that's kind of the selling focus.

Oh well maybe one day I'll have the skill set to just redo the whole thing. At least InArt has plenty of dwarf hair on hand.

Finally opened mine up last night. Man... the hair product they sprayed on the hair to keep the shape felt like super glue. Hard as a rock !

Took a lot of water to wash that out... still messing with it to get it the way I want it to be, but i now understand why alot of people didn't mess with it. For mine, the top of the head was styled and pinhed inwards, and the head shape looked more like a pinecone. Had to wash it out and reshape it to have a more natural rounder shape to his top dome.

Also i noticed on mine, that the hair seems a little shorter then everyone else. Hair length barely touches the shoulders. Overall still very cool looking figure, but need time and patience to make it look great.

Try holding in both hands like a can and pushing up with both thumbs.

Thanks for this! Ended up getting some paper towels to help with friction and make my thumbs less painful, but it worked. Had to keep rotating and work it around as the lid on one side slowly pushed out so eventually all sides of the lid move little by little. Can use that head display to put the head on and messed with the hair a bit now. @Wor-Gar Give this method a try if you haven't been able to fully remove the clear casing.

IMG_5316.JPG

IMG_5436.JPG

IMG_5384.JPG

Finally opened mine up last night. Man... the hair product they sprayed on the hair to keep the shape felt like super glue. Hard as a rock !

Took a lot of water to wash that out... still messing with it to get it the way I want it to be, but i now understand why alot of people didn't mess with it. For mine, the top of the head was styled and pinhed inwards, and the head shape looked more like a pinecone. Had to wash it out and reshape it to have a more natural rounder shape to his top dome.

Also i noticed on mine, that the hair seems a little shorter then everyone else. Hair length barely touches the shoulders. Overall still very cool looking figure, but need time and patience to make it look great.
Yeah the hair on mine is shorter than I would have wanted, tho with a cloak on it's harder to tell with the extra fabric at the neck. I've got hair envy for the folks who basically didn't have to do much.

I don"t get why InArt didn't use a straighter fiber either, they managed with the hair of the Harry Potter figs.

It seems that there are several posts after mine echoing my theory that it’s a complete crapshoot as to what you are going to get with the rooted hair one I’ve seen some that look so bad, I feel fortunate to have gotten one that looked decent and I still spent hours reworking it too.

My brother also got a “pinhead” version and to the person who got hair that’s too short , man that’s a tough one. Can’t even do much about that id honestly wrote them and ask for an exchange

Back