InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I'm sure others are wondering, what exactly (or as exact as you're willing to share) did you do to the hair? Unsurprisingly, it looks great @Raymond F.

Other than lightly dampening the hair on mine, I haven't done anything to it. He actually made it into one of my Detolf's, which is surprising these days. Most everything stays boxed up now.

Looks like the stock eyebrows really hurt his likeness. Raymond's version is amazing, but gives me pause about this figure, because now I know the lack of likeness in other pics isn't just attributable to lighting and angles.

Looks like the stock eyebrows really hurt his likeness. Raymond's version is amazing, but gives me pause about this figure, because now I know the lack of likeness in other pics isn't just attributable to lighting and angles.
The stock figure is still amazing. I’m looking at mine right now in my normal room lighting and I absolutely see Viggo.

Yeah Raymond’s is an improvement for sure but a talented custom artist is always going to be able to elevate a mass produced figure out of a factory.

As promised here is my rework.

More images will be on IG @rfcustomfigures

Full rework of the beard and eyebrows and eye accentuation. Hair fully reshaped, bangs cut and overall style finesse.

Cape:ACI Collectibles
Body Replacement : WorldboxAT011

Wow, looks exactly like the prototype there. You solved it for me, it's the factory paint that was letting it down. Do you take commissions?

That repaint by @Raymond F. is incredible. Fixes everything that’s throwing off the likeness. The work around the eyes is especially what’s lacking. I couldn’t quite put my finger on what was wrong there but Raymond definitely figured it out.

I've admired Raymond's work for many years, and long ago learned to simply enjoy seeing what is possible, and accept that nothing stock I have will be on that level. No shame in having something that is very good and not borderline perfection. But this one is really striking in how it looks like a completely different sculpt.

Gonna keep these accessories. Boxed everything else up.

IMG_5609.JPG

IMG_5671.JPG

IMG_5684.JPG

IMG_5703.JPG

IMG_5721.JPG

As promised here is my rework.

More images will be on IG @rfcustomfigures

Full rework of the beard and eyebrows and eye accentuation. Hair fully reshaped, bangs cut and overall style finesse.

Cape:ACI Collectibles
Body Replacement : WorldboxAT011

If only you took commissions I would send mine to you before I even opened it. Excellent work. Please explain how you redid the hair if possible

Back