InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For that very reason. They want to make sure you’re not claiming something to be defective just to then resell it later.

Sideshow will still make you do it depending on the product, but usually only for their own products. When I needed my R2D2 replacements, I had to destroy the ones I had completely. The first time they said it looked like I just unscrewed everything and could easily put it back together to resell, so I had to take it even further. When I needed replacement for my Man of Steel PF, I had to complete destroy the statue as well before they would send me a new one.

Sideshow actually used to tell you to get creative with how you destroyed stuff and you’d be entered into a prize contest. I remember one guy filmed his destruction of a GI Joe headsculpt I believe by inserting into one of the barrels of a double barrel shot gun and firing it off :lol
Sideshow made me destroy the Spider-Man portion of their Premium Format figure they sent me years ago (I don't even remember what was wrong with it, to be honest!), but jokes on them- after I "destroyed" it and they sent me a replacement, I sold the damaged pieces to someone on this forum who had plans for it. But actually, I never heard or saw anything come from that...

Uhhhh. Gives me hives just thinking about it. A guy posted a video years ago who had to destroy his Weta Rivendell environment and he dropped it off a three story roof onto a concrete sidewalk where it shattered into a bazillion bits of polystone shrapnel. I seriously got nauseous watching it!
Yeah I had to destroy a WETA piece - took a sledgehammer - made me kind of sick to do it.

I was directly asked to destroy it and send a proof. Guess that’s InArt’s policy. Have never done this before but I’ve heard same requests from another companies. :monkey4 Thanks to Kit! Hope new sculpt is flawless!

Seeing the paint is so thin makes me nervous. Guess I got off lucky I messed with the sculpt so much - tried to protect the face but it got wet anyway from shampoos and rinsing. I sure was unhappy when I popped an eye out, fortunately it went back in no problem. They are all plastic IMO InArt should offer spares. But if I ever lose one I'll glue in some high quality glass eyes.

After arriving Oct. 5th at the nearest USPS distribution center and then for some inexplicable reason traveling to three other different regional distribution centers, my Aragorn figure finally arrived yesterday, safe and intact. Box basically in fine shape.

My initial reaction was a bit disappointed. The head sculpt didn’t look as amazing as I was expecting. So many of the photos you all have taken look truly phenomenal. But I was also prepared to have to style the hair. I didn’t remove the hair product, I just sprayed it with water and used tweezers to style it better. It’s starting to look more like the high quality pics we’ve been treated us to here. I’ll continue to futz and refine the hair.

One slight mishap when assembling and fitting the belt. While gently tugging the short scimitar around to the side the strap that attaches to the scabbard broke off. I glued it back on. No biggie.

I didn’t have time to do any dynamic poses. Maybe this weekend. For now I just put him in a museum statue of David pose.
Congrats on getting him in, finally. That only happened with me once, with a ASMUS Gandalf that for some reason got sent back and forth from the local office to the hub and back again - pretty irritating. I had to call and complain how they could lose something that was clearly from another country and my address was right there WTF.

Is it possible yours has a higher forehead than some other? From your pics looks like you have a lot of forehead - and u said you were going to work on the hair etc. - bangs? - but from your pics looks like you have a tad more forehead than mine.

But maybe it's just the camera. Can't fathom why there'd be face sculpt differences past paint. Tho HT at times seems to have a bit of variation.

I thought it was a beautiful sculpt but at this point I stared at this so much, I can't "see" anymore. Too much time spent staring at a 2 inch high head picking at the hair:banghead. But the larger version statue being put out IMO doesn't look that great portrait wise.

Got hit hard with both Aragorn and Kenobi shipping out today! Should be the last figures of the year (unless Ahsoka and Sabine are released). My Gandalf has been lonely so I'm glad Aragorn is finally on his way!

Congrats on getting him in, finally. That only happened with me once, with a ASMUS Gandalf that for some reason got sent back and forth from the local office to the hub and back again - pretty irritating. I had to call and complain how they could lose something that was clearly from another country and my address was right there WTF.

Is it possible yours has a higher forehead than some other? From your pics looks like you have a lot of forehead - and u said you were going to work on the hair etc. - bangs? - but from your pics looks like you have a tad more forehead than mine.

But maybe it's just the camera. Can't fathom why there'd be face sculpt differences past paint. Tho HT at times seems to have a bit of variation.

I thought it was a beautiful sculpt but at this point I stared at this so much, I can't "see" anymore. Too much time spent staring at a 2 inch high head picking at the hair:banghead. But the larger version statue being put out IMO doesn't look that great portrait wise.

I would imagine that the hairline is the same for all the figures, no? I see what you mean though! Yeah, there’s a lot of forehead there, lol! Over the weekend I’m going to wet the hair again and try bring ing it down over his face more. I need to find some good reference images from the film I guess!

Finally got my invoice for rooted Aragorn from Spec Fiction. Ordered January 13th, 2023. I was surprised that the figure will ship directly from China...by boat.

Back