InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe out of left field but what are people doing to display Anduril? I just got my Aragorn today and finally got him to a good spot but Im drawing a blank on what to do with this busted up sword
Well, I found superglue gel worked a treat on putting those bits back together. I can't even see the joins! :wink1:

Finally I got my invoice let's gooo, can't want to finally have him, also it seems like there's posts everyday about missing parts, duplicate parts in the box or damage recently. Kinda nervous here ngl

Finally I got my invoice let's gooo, can't want to finally have him, also it seems like there's posts everyday about missing parts, duplicate parts in the box or damage recently. Kinda nervous here ngl
I feel that way (We all do) when I have a new collectable to open. Sometimes I can put off opening stuff for ages. Got my Gandalf in February and only opened him last week! (I know, bonkers!) Thankfully everything was perfect. I'm sure your Aragorn will equally be fine with nothing missing etc. Time to be excited! :yess::blissy

I feel that way (We all do) when I have a new collectable to open. Sometimes I can put off opening stuff for ages. Got my Gandalf in February and only opened him last week! (I know, bonkers!) Thankfully everything was perfect. I'm sure your Aragorn will equally be fine with nothing missing etc. Time to be excited! :yess::blissy
Oh wow, that kind of patience is unreal! I'm really glad everything was okay with you Gandalf!! Will you also wait to open Aragorn when you feel it's right??

Thanks brother, I'm super excited, cannot wait to have them both next to each other!

What's the issue? I PO'd from OSK on the 8th (POs opened up on the 7th), and I was invoiced yesterday. If you just got invoiced from SpecFiction, it sounds like you were waiting just like everyone else.
After the **** that happened with inart joker (invoice was sent in May, the expected release was on or before July 7, but it ended up being shipped out 2 weeks later) I'm not giving those fools any money. Asking for money when it wasn't expected to ship out for 2 months was suspicious enough, but then I paid, expecting for it to ship by the date they said, and for 2 weeks after the date they said it would ship by, I thought they took the money and ran away.

Spec says Aragon is shipping from China and will arrive in 20-30 days. **** that. When Kit ships something, it takes a week, 2 at the most.

Oh wow, that kind of patience is unreal! I'm really glad everything was okay with you Gandalf!! Will you also wait to open Aragorn when you feel it's right??

Thanks brother, I'm super excited, cannot wait to have them both next to each other!
I opened Aragorn recently, just a few days after receiving him. I think that pushed me to then open Gandalf, after all I think enough time had passed. :lol

I will never understand SpecFiction. My InArt Joker shipped incredibly quickly, but I've had a tracking number for Gandalf for over a month now.

Maybe out of left field but what are people doing to display Anduril? I just got my Aragorn today and finally got him to a good spot but Im drawing a blank on what to do with this busted up sword
Hopped over to Amazon and got UC's statue holding the fragments. So that one comes with fragments but that piece is 1/5 ----er. Anyway if you are displaying and fiddle with perspective it's a nice effect. Someone had a picture here, I believe.

Other than that, I'd just varnish the pieces to a plaque and hang behind. Maybe stencil or burn in a design on the wood. Or just leave in the box. I'd rather have had the RANGER CLOAK :pfft: .

Last edited:
A few closeups of the head sculpt with a bit more futzing. The widow’s peak of the hairline is very solidly glued in. I did my best to try to loosen it up a bit with a spritz of water and tweezers. I decided to not go to the trouble of washing out the hair product and then lightly reapplying it myself.

A few stray hairs messing up the portrait, but it gets the idea across. Definitely with enough fuzting of the hair this really is a phenomenal head sculpt. It’s the best I’ve ever seen for a 1/6 figure.

IMG_2404.jpeg

IMG_2403.jpeg

IMG_2406.jpeg

Last edited:
A few closeups of the head sculpt with a bit more futzing. The widow’s peak of the hairline is very solidly glued in. I did my best to try to loosen it up a bit. I decided to not go to the trouble of washing out the hair product and then lightly reapplying it myself.

A few stray hairs messing up the portrait, but definitely with enough fuzting of the hair this really is a phenomenal head sculpt. It’s the best I’ve ever seen for a 1/6 figure.
Glad you ended up happy with him.(y)

Glad I ended up happy with mine, after hours of hair futzing. 😱

This guy's been keeping me company on my home office desk for a couple weeks now. I'm not sure he approves of what I do for a living. Seems to have some doubts.

😁 Yeah, I haven't put him into a cabinet yet, but he'll end up there eventually so he doesn't get dust in the hair etc.

Back