InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's how I feel also. The likeness is there especially when I'm looking at it in-hand. BUT there is something that throws it off and whatever that is, it's hard to pinpoint.
Yeah, it's like the actors features are there, but they're somehow warped or distorted. Like they didn't shape his face correctly or something. Really hard to explain.

At last, Elessar landed home today. Unfortunately, real life is getting in the way and i won't have time for a proper unboxing before Sunday.

Anyone who wants the standard set (sculpted), i have 2 ordered with Kit. Just want the original deposit $35.

Some people have 2 of these...and here I am just waiting patiently for my first 1.
heheheh.
Sucks when I ordered last day before cut off,but I didn't make that mistake with Lego and Ringwraith
Waiting seems like it’s taking forever but it will be worth it! Are you in this batch? I am supposed to be but no invoice yet, looks like there was a ton of inventory for kit to go through anyway.

I got the standard figure today and am very, very impressed. I'm not an expert like others here and probably haven't sorted him completely right but really like this look. I took photos with the eye at different angles as well, to give a sense of the range of expressions. It's it the prototype? No, but about as nice an execution as you could expect from a non custom figure.

20241025_164800.jpg
20241025_164813.jpg
20241025_143749.jpg
20241025_143854.jpg
20241025_143950.jpg

Of course, my phone pics in non favorable lighting don't do him many favors, but...

I also don't trust the damn magnet stand. My joker has suffered enough for me to avoid it altogether here.

I've tried and tried. The likeness on this thing is just way off to my eyes. It's not a matter of hair futzing either. It's the sculpt. It looks so very, very odd looking to me. Idk. I can't stop looking at it with a dumbfounded look on my face lol.

Maybe it's me. It's gotta be me. But it's one of the strangest looking sculpts I've ever seen.
I think what we saw with a quality repaint is that the paint is the main culprit here, particularly the eyebrows, but the stubble could also be improved.

I got the standard figure today and am very, very impressed. I'm not an expert like others here and probably haven't sorted him completely right but really like this look. I took photos with the eye at different angles as well, to give a sense of the range of expressions. It's it the prototype? No, but about as nice an execution as you could expect from a non custom figure.

View attachment 734324View attachment 734325View attachment 734326View attachment 734327View attachment 734328
Of course, my phone pics in non favorable lighting don't do him many favors, but...

I also don't trust the damn magnet stand. My joker has suffered enough for me to avoid it altogether here.

I think what we saw with a quality repaint is that the paint is the main culprit here, particularly the eyebrows, but the stubble could also be improved.
Maybe. The sculpted hair versions portrait definitely looks better in the likeness department imo.

This looks very strange to me...

His forehead is HUGE. His hairline is sitting way too far back on it. He has a cone head effect.

Screenshot_20241025_180243_Samsung Internet.jpg

That's how I feel also. The likeness is there especially when I'm looking at it in-hand. BUT there is something that throws it off and whatever that is, it's hard to pinpoint.
It’s the brow line and nose area mostly.

Back