InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20240828_002525_Fotor.jpg
08 (4).jpg

I just got a couple of the InArt bases sent super fast to the States sold from OSK--these things are game changers for the display! I got this one and the rocky base, but I had to share the quality. These shots were taken really fast with my phone, but I will take better shots of it later with my DSLR. I highly recommend it especially for Aragorn, Gandalf, heck any other LOTR figures!

IMG_5552 copy.png

IMG_5555 copy.png
IMG_5554 copy.png

Will be switching Gandalf to a more stable stand. Went to adjust a figure on the top shelf of my detolf and Gandalf (on the bottom shelf) face-plainted on the ground when I opened up the door. Noticeable paint rub on the end of his nose now. :gah:A shame because the stands are nicely detailed but the magnets are ****.

Will be switching Gandalf to a more stable stand. Went to adjust a figure on the top shelf of my detolf and Gandalf (on the bottom shelf) face-plainted on the ground when I opened up the door. Noticeable paint rub on the end of his nose now. :gah:A shame because the stands are nicely detailed but the magnets are ****.
So lately, I have been moving away from the standard hot toys crotch grabbers and moving to a cleaner detolf. I started using a dab of museum gel that I think has been recommended in the forum to help with this. A lot of my figures are rock solid now against earthquakes. I noticed though it has trouble with figures that do not have a stable base like C-3PO who is in a close to pinpoint stance and is heavy and die-cast. I will most likely use it with all my others anyway even with environmental stands like these as I cannot trust the weak magnets that InArt is using at the moment.

My Gandalf started leaning and eventually fell over while I was at work despite being placed on a metal surface. My copy's face survived, but the sword took a dent. Curse his weak ankles!

In other news, the photos of that riverside diorama make me want to pull the trigger on them now...

Back