InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Legolas 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My honest guess is that they were completely caught off guard with the success of their 1/6 line. I think that seems obvious with the massive delays for Gandalf, Batman and Aragorn.

The reality is that, in order to scale up for that demand, they might have needed to raise prices to cover it.

Looks like the ornamentation designs around the edge of the fabric is missing. Pretty big oversight imo.
So Inart are supposed to be the premium high end company that pays special attention to details, and now charge a hefty price for the privilage, but that looks nothing like the real one. The size and cut is nothing like the original. Looks more like this :ROFLMAO:

clint eastwood gian maria volontè GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

Actually if you look at the price Aragorn is selling for its not that much of a mark up now
Give it time, it's still in the process of being released. Let's see what it sells for in 12 months time.

Regardless of what it's future price actually is, a mark up is a mark up, and I have no desire to pay even more for it in the future.

Last edited:
And another thing the arrow flights look like a cheap kids toy, nothing like his actual arrows.

a a a a arrow-horz.jpg

Alright, Skullboy, you're just getting mean now.

Focus on that silly velvet poncho. Where's the silver clasp? The embroidery? Why is it included if its not representative?
Sorry :ROFLMAO: I'm just riled up from them adding to the price but giving nothing for it and actually us getting less.
I was all for Inart and defended them to the hilt to lots of HT's fanboys but not no more

Real feathers would have been a nice touch on a figure so light on materials.
They tout themselves as the company that will take the industry to the next level with the attention to detail but I think they're going backwards in terms of accessories.

Remember everyone this is just the prototype.
There might be some adjustments/improvements later

The cloak missing the silver clasp and embroidery is silly though hopefully that too is just temporary

Or Maybe I’m high on copium

Sorry :ROFLMAO: I'm just riled up from them adding to the price but giving nothing for it and actually us getting less.
I was all for Inart and defended them to the hilt to lots of HT's fanboys but not no more
Well, I wasn't a fanboy at all and my Aragorn hair issues aside, IMO they already cut costs with Aragorn's tunic material which FEELS like holiday ribbon (I was expecting microsuede) and the elven cloak (unfinished nylon/polyester not some sort of light knit). And believe there are some outer coat inaccuracies.

Will give them points for the elven knife, sword, and the vambraces look nice.

A poster pointed out way back that this is more or less custom type figures at a production price. IMO tho it's not custom to use *&^% base materials. It's like my Blitzway Zorro figure where he LOOKS nice, but the hat isn't separate from the head, and the sword guard is plastic. Instead of trying for the look of the actual screen used woven rebozo tied in back it's just some *&^% material scrap. Zorro wasn't cheap either, relatively speaking.

I'm not sad to see the magnets go... but I'm curious why there's nothing to 'secure' the figure now. It's just freestanding. Odd indeed... for $556.

Rumor has it Amazon is shipping them more blu tac.:monkey3

Remember everyone this is just the prototype.
There might be some adjustments/improvements later

The cloak missing the silver clasp and embroidery is silly though hopefully that too is just temporary

Yeah, to be fair, they upgraded Thorin (if he's even released) and I thought the original was OK anyway. And didn't they improve the Patterson Wayne fig at some point?

Last edited:
Is Popcultcha cheaper than OSK for InArt figures?

Hot Toys figures are usually cheaper than through Sideshow for me, but obviously take a while to ship.
I wouldn't mind waiting for Legolas though.

Back