Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Indiana Jones 5 (July 19th, 2019)

You know since Cap:TFA officially canonized Raiders into the MCU maybe Indy can team up with 1970's Hank Pym or something, lol.

True dat! I actually was thinking of adding "Indy goes full Dirty Harry" in that Viet Nam/hippy post... but Get off my lawn is perfect.

I just don't see where they have to go with this character in his 70's. Maybe they'll do something in South America where Indy will be challenged by a Nazi in hiding in the jungles. Otherwise its Korean War/Viet Nam era stuff and that just doesn't feel very Indiana Jones to me.... no more than the Soviet enemy of Crystal Skull. Having soldiers to mimic the Nazis of the first movie is a really stupid way to pander.

Why not have Indy rip off Cap: TWS? 70's adventure political thriller. The US gave asylum to A LOT of Nazi, many whom worked as scientist and in high positions in the US during the time the previous movies took place. Have Indy find out that the Nazi even infiltrated the universities and that he was indirectly working for them at some point. Kind of like Hydra and Cap. His latest mission or artifact that he's searching for is wanted by the Nazi again, so he has to get to it before they can. Make the new Magoffin another biblical artifact and bring it all full circle to the first film, and since this will be Ford's last movie, and the first film was about the ark of the covenant, the new one can be related to the other ark from the bible, the one with the animals.

Unless Indy finds and drinks from the Fountain of Youth, with his character de-ageing into Chris Pratt or someone else on screen, I guess Disney's investment will be for one movie only.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

So is the Indy timeline still in play? Were in the late 60's early 70's in the Indy Universe. Maybe it might be something to do with moon bases? The USA was pretty interested in the moon in those days. Either that or Indy fights a load of hippies. :peace

Maybe the aliens come back and Indy ventures into the multiverse where there are endless variants of Indiana Jones...

This is a Disney true story.

This film will explain the face scar and eye patch in the first 10 minutes with 80 year old Indy stealing that eagle cane from a 90 year old man in a nursing home. :lol

VSg4Ecl.jpg

2021 will be the year we lose

Caine
JWiliams
Freeman
Deniro
Eastwood
Kingsley
Pacino
Nicholson
Stewart
Sutherland
Redford
Plummer
Hackman
Hopkins
Mckellen
MDouglas
Sheen
James Earl
TLJones
Hamill

Then in 2022
Lucas
Spielberg
Arnold
Ford
Stallone

Unless Indy finds and drinks from the Fountain of Youth, with his character de-ageing into Chris Pratt or someone else on screen, I guess Disney's investment will be for one movie only.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Maybe they've been waiting for the technology to improve to the point where a de-aged version of HF is believable. SLJ looked pretty darn good in Captain Marvel, as did Michelle Pfieffer in Ant-Man & Wasp (Michael Douglas not so much). As long as they don't do too many close-ups that could work - Indy is always running around and getting all sweaty, a look which I'm not sure they can replicate all that well yet.

I tried sitting thru KOTCS recently and I failed at the 35 minute mark I just can’t.

The holy grail one is also not good yet I can still manage to sit thru that one but KOTCS holy crap its bad.

Maybe they've been waiting for the technology to improve to the point where a de-aged version of HF is believable. SLJ looked pretty darn good in Captain Marvel, as did Michelle Pfieffer in Ant-Man & Wasp (Michael Douglas not so much). As long as they don't do too many close-ups that could work - Indy is always running around and getting all sweaty, a look which I'm not sure they can replicate all that well yet.

:lol:lol

jdocAhW.gif

I tried sitting thru KOTCS recently and I failed at the 35 minute mark I just can?t.

The holy grail one is also not good yet I can still manage to sit thru that one but KOTCS holy crap its bad.

I tried to watch it recently and fell asleep on my couch. I think it's what Close Encounters would have been like if Spielberg had asked Lucas to write the screenplay.

Back