Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Indiana Jones 5 (July 19th, 2019)

With all seriousness, what could this even be about? Stonehenge maybe? Aztec gold? Or maybe they'll do a National Treasure thing and go after the City of Gold.

With all seriousness, what could this even be about? Stonehenge maybe? Aztec gold? Or maybe they'll do a National Treasure thing and go after the City of Gold.

about bohemian groove

They should CGI Ford as much younger and set it after Last Crusade, totally replace Crystal Skull.

They should CGI Ford as much younger and set it after Last Crusade, totally replace Crystal Skull.

That would be tough to do for a whole movie not to mention really expensive. I know Michael Douglas is pushing for an AntMan prequel with him being younger but I don't know. We are getting closer to some cool possibilities though. A few younger shots of Ford would be nice but his older body movements might give it away as he certainly moves differently. Kasdan jr needs to be on a short leash with rewrites expected. Maybe bring Shortround back as martial arts master.

I don't think a CG de-age would go over well. Look at the response to Tarkin and Leia in Rogue One. For some people, not me mind you, it just took them right out of the film.

I don't think a CG de-age would go over well. Look at the response to Tarkin and Leia in Rogue One. For some people, not me mind you, it just took them right out of the film.

Thought Tarkin and Leia were pretty good. But Michael Douglas in AntMan is the gold standard. Downey Jr was also pretty good.
IMG_4344.jpg
IMG_4345.JPG
Hopefully in our lifetime they'll be able to bring back Shatner, Nimoy and Kelly for a "lost" episode from the original 5 year mission.

Last edited:

Supposedly, the Irish Man film by Martin Scorsese uses some new de aging technology that will make Robert Deniro look like he did when he was 30.

I thought Kurt Russell in the beginning of GOTG2 was incredible. I think if Indy has a brief Opening Sequence adventure in the shadows of a cave it would be easy to do. And believable. I mean, if I'm going to buy old man Ford being Indy AGAIN... I'll buy him de-aged.

The hair on Russell alone should've gotten someone an Oscar.
IMG_4346.JPGIMG_4347.JPGIMG_4348.jpgIMG_4349.jpgIMG_4350.JPG

With the movie being delayed, I hope they give some thought to CGI de-aging. Be a heck of a lot better than Alden Ehrenreich or someone else trying to take over the role. I'd rather them do a straight up cartoon over that.

Back