Infinite Statue/Kaustik Plastik Maestro 1/6 scale line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am feverish for a good Eric Draven figure. Didn’t like the HT expression, and don’t like the Sideshow figure all that much. Never owned a figure from KP, but have heard good things here and there in other threads. Comic Con ‘25 is a long wait, but I’d rather they have a solid prototype to show than deal with another Inart Reeve Superman situation again.

I am feverish for a good Eric Draven figure. Didn’t like the HT expression, and don’t like the Sideshow figure all that much. Never owned a figure from KP, but have heard good things here and there in other threads. Comic Con ‘25 is a long wait, but I’d rather they have a solid prototype to show than deal with another Inart Reeve Superman situation again.
I have KP Bela Dracula, Hammer Dracula, Van Helsing. Terence Hill, True Grit John Wayne, and Slystalloneshop Rocky (which is done through KP) and all have been stellar releases. Very few complaints if any. And if this luxury line is going to amp stuff up even more we are in for a real treat. I might actually be more excited by this announcement than anything InArt is offering now.

I have KP Bela Dracula, Hammer Dracula, Van Helsing. Terence Hill, True Grit John Wayne, and Slystalloneshop Rocky (which is done through KP) and all have been stellar releases. Very few complaints if any. And if this luxury line is going to amp stuff up even more we are in for a real treat. I might actually be more excited by this announcement than anything InArt is offering now.
It's just the price. Many people will feel a lot of 1/6 maybe behind a paywall at this point.

Once you say wool hair and moveable eyes, the cost is already 100 more. Then a silicon body..extra hundred.

These are gonna be 499 USD at least.

It's just the price. Many people will feel a lot of 1/6 maybe behind a paywall at this point.

Once you say wool hair and moveable eyes, the cost is already 100 more. Then a silicon body..extra hundred.

These are gonna be 499 USD at least.
Yeah that's the way it goes though. These upgrades aren't cheap. It's just another level of collecting/quality. These are meant to be Art pieces for the art collector. Kinda the same thing as custom pieces. I can't speak on what the projected price range will be, but yes These will be a lot more expensive than the average 1:6. Hopefully they can do a better job with QC than InArt is having right now. As long as the quality matches the price this should be a epic line.

Paywalls do suck. Example InArt TDK Joker two pack to get the Rooted or Jazzinc Catwoman to get the diorama. But it's not as bad if you can do payment plans.

But we are seeing an evolution in 1:6 like no other though. First InArt, then Artisan Hot Toys and now KP with this Marstro line. It's an incredible time to be a collector, especially for those just starting. But yeah this level of figure collecting may become more niche though with costs averages being between $500/600 per figure to over $1k. And at $1k you might as well be looking at customs at that point. Even though the majority of custom runs seem to have crept upwards to $2k now.

Conan is a definite buy, and while I don't care for Labyrinth, a fine Bowie figure is always welcome. I hope that opens the door to more Bowie figures, not in his film roles, but in his various era specific rockstar personas.

I like KP for all the work they do, but their quality is not at the level that we expect by today's standards. KP is great for the exceptional and unique licenses they pursue and I tend to settle for a compromise on quality to have their figures in my collection, but they need to improve their paint applications greatly, outfit tailoring somewhat and move to much better bodies.

Oddly enough I've bought more KP products over the past 2 years than HT or any other maker and will commit to their upcoming projects, but I'm wary of them moving into this Luxury (Artisan) league. Maybe the step up to Luxury means ditching the low-end factories that underperformed on some of their past releases and moving to better in-house/handmade production facilities that can control and deliver a much higher quality of figures.

I wonder if their Luxury Maestros will also see a regular KP release?

Many including myself will not get a 600 dollar Crow figure just to have silicon and rooted hair.

I just don't get silicon cloth figures...from any company.

Back