JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: OFFICIAL JAMES BOND THREAD

Hang in there Raymond, your set will be coming as soon as I can! I REALLY want to sink my brushes into your set. So to speak. You have a couple I never got, so I'm enjoying working on them.

Thanks for the kind words Wor-Gar. Can't wait to see him with Goldfinger at long last! :rock

Brilliance, Les! Even at this size, look at that....

BondCU6.jpg

BondCU8.jpg

Looks like one of those wax museum 1:1 pieces.

:clap

Les, that is an incredible job. Can I send you my SS Connery head for a repaint?

You really can't go wrong with a gray suit with a black tie. Most people would say use a True Type, but I think the traditional Sideshow Buck body is the way to go with Connery. And his hair is very specific to Dr. No. I think the outfit he wore to dinner with Dr. No would be cool. Did you see Ben's Crab Key Bond?

Thanks for the advice. Yeah, I will get a SS Buck body for my Connery Bond then. No..I haven't seen Ben's Crab Key Bond. I'm anxious to see it. Can you send me a link here? Or post a picture of it here for me? A gray suit with a black tie. Okay, sounds good to me. I'll have to add in his Walther PPK pistol, and maybe a bottle of vodka and a glass. :cool:

He's gotta have his martini "shaken not stirred"! :D

Oh yeah. Les Walker's repaint of the James Bond head sculpt...AMAZING! Once again Les hits a home run with another spectacular repaint! Way to go Les!

I did have my repainted Bond in a tux. I recieved the grey TTL suit the other day and this is what it looks like for a representation of Bond from Golfinger.

MyGoldfingerBond.jpg

Cheers.

Wow. Sideshow can't paint. That looks AMAZING. I wish I had talent to redo all the great sculpts hidden under muddled paint jobs.

Brilliance, Les! Even at this size, look at that....

BondCU6.jpg

BondCU8.jpg

Looks like one of those wax museum 1:1 pieces.

:clap

It does look great. I look forward to seeing it finished.

Wow. Sideshow can't paint. That looks AMAZING. I wish I had talent to redo all the great sculpts hidden under muddled paint jobs.

Thank you.

You seem to be unbeatable, Mr. Bond. :D

Looks terrific W-G! I would swap out the black tie for a narrower tie, but other than that it can't be beat.

Last edited:

Is the Connery on a Sideshow body? I think it would benefit a lot from a change of body, wor-gar!

Otherwise brilliant figures.

Thanks guys! Been wanting to display these two for a long time.

I do need to replace the shirt and tie, the layers (shirt, vest and jacket) tend to budge up and Connery loses his neck line. But this is also a pre-futzed pic really. No water treatment or anything. Just threw the suit on more or less. So once I get a thinner tie and smaller collared shirt hopefully I can get the suit to lay a litle better. But you get the idea.

Is the Connery on a Sideshow body? I think it would benefit a lot from a change of body, wor-gar!

Definitely agree, but I tried an HT body and unfortunately I needed more height to match Goldfinger so I had to use the Buck. Once I get this guy futzed properly it should work.

BondinGray1.jpg
BondinGray2.jpg

Put goldfinger on a truetype as well! :lol nah just kiddin'

Great job wor-gar.

As a little note of my own I finished my Daniel Craig Bond yesterday.

It's basically the TTL gestapo figure minus the tie. (And of course the hat and coat)

I got a bow tie off e-bay. It was blue but I coloured it in with some black permanent marker and it worked a treat. Gotta love it when a plan comes together! :D

Never thought of water treating it until you mentioned it wor-gar.

THANKS again for all the kind words.

It's nice to know that even these guys -- characters from the grandfather of franchises -- still has some interest.

Now, James Bond will return with.... LARGO.

:D

Back