JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: OFFICIAL JAMES BOND THREAD

Hey all... Im new here, and have often admired the Bond line from afar.

Thanks to a very generous present from my wife (A set of all the movies) I've really stepped up a gear in my appreciation of the line....so heres my problem, and Id like to knew what you all think about it.....

Id like to try and pick up a smattering of the SSC figures, perhaps a couple of Bonds and Their respective villains...... But I am on quite a restictive budget at the moment.... am I kidding myself that I will be able to find anything for a reasonable price?

Hey mate

No, not really. I think good prices are to be found on e-bay for some of the sideshow bond figures

They certainly aren't as expensive as Hot Toys figures new or 2nd hand.

Try looking on e-bay, I think you may be suprised!

Yeah the core figures pop up from time to time at good prices. The more obscure figures, like Q or Jaws not so much.

Hey Wor-Gar, I have question. The SS Goldfinger Connery head. How did you get it on a True Type? I would think that wouldn't be possible.

Hey Wor-Gar, I have question. The SS Goldfinger Connery head. How did you get it on a True Type? I would think that wouldn't be possible.

I placed the head in hot water and then pulled out the Sideshow neck adaptor. After painting I superglued a Hot Toys neck adaptor to the Bond head. Job done.

Here's my 12inch Bond collection... The only Bond I'm missing is Roger Moore...

31267905673ee81d35f5b.jpg

302636020153d44f94b7.jpg

31272176635522c99663.jpg

31280461424e0279605a.jpg

Cool Bonds!

I actually didn't put it on a TT, it's on a Buck. But Tyler is correct in how to do it.

I stuck with Buck because of a height issue with the Goldfinger body. But putting a SS head on a TT is fairly easy. You just need the Dragon connector that comes with most TTs and pop the SS sculpt on that and apply.

Well until I get a better suit (and a good Craig HS for this suit) I thought I'd clothe my second Legacy Connery Bond in London evening attire...

And with the entire Connery/Bond collection (taken the first Legacy away from his nefarious card game)...

There's some nice Bond figures up for sale in the commerce section if anyone is looking to fill holes in their collection ?

Not figure related but Scalextric are bringing out the DB5 this year with working ejector seat and bullet-proof rear sheild.

Hey all... Im new here, and have often admired the Bond line from afar.

Thanks to a very generous present from my wife (A set of all the movies) I've really stepped up a gear in my appreciation of the line....so heres my problem, and Id like to knew what you all think about it.....

Id like to try and pick up a smattering of the SSC figures, perhaps a couple of Bonds and Their respective villains...... But I am on quite a restictive budget at the moment.... am I kidding myself that I will be able to find anything for a reasonable price?

I was in this same position a year ago. I was big into Bond as a teenager but apart from some Corgi vehicles didn't really collect. This was in 1980-81 and there wasn't much to collect. I saw posts of peoples Sideshow Bond collections (Darth Neil) but thought I was too late. I would look at his collection and think that was the coolest thing and why didn't I buy them when i saw them at Suncoast in 2002.

I watched ebay and pulled the trigger on a Connery Goldfinger. It hit me like a train! Next came Jaws and a Dalton Licence to Kill followed by Dr. No and Scaramanga. Then, of course, I HAD to get a Roger Moore. And Blofield. And ????? Galore. Anyway, I just got my 24th Bond figure (TTL Gestapo/Craig) for Christmas.

Be patient and keep watching. The Bonds are among my very favorites and one of these days I'll learn how to use a digital camera and take/post some pictures.

Good luck and happy hunting!:whip

The SS Bonds really have killer likenesses, among their best. Of course realism and obviously paint is not up to todays standards. When Les is done with mine I know I will like them a lot better, in the mean time i keep updating and upgrading their bodies/outfits to get them up to todays standards.

I was in this same position a year ago. I was big into Bond as a teenager but apart from some Corgi vehicles didn't really collect. This was in 1980-81 and there wasn't much to collect. I saw posts of peoples Sideshow Bond collections (Darth Neil) but thought I was too late. I would look at his collection and think that was the coolest thing and why didn't I buy them when i saw them at Suncoast in 2002.

I watched ebay and pulled the trigger on a Connery Goldfinger. It hit me like a train! Next came Jaws and a Dalton Licence to Kill followed by Dr. No and Scaramanga. Then, of course, I HAD to get a Roger Moore. And Blofield. And ????? Galore. Anyway, I just got my 24th Bond figure (TTL Gestapo/Craig) for Christmas.

Be patient and keep watching. The Bonds are among my very favorites and one of these days I'll learn how to use a digital camera and take/post some pictures.

Good luck and happy hunting!:whip

I'm glad that my collection could inspire... I hope that your bank account won't blame me. :monkey3

:D

My savings account is a little lighter but it was worth it. I love looking at my shelf and seeing all the Bonds. It brought back a lot of fun memories of waiting for the ABC Sunday night movie--that time before DVD's and VHS--and the anticipation of the gun barrel darting across the screen.

Anyway, I really appreciate all the Bond posts and pictures. Fingers crossed that somebody will pick up the license and we'll get some different 1/6 figures or those 7" figures previewed a couple years back. It sounds like Bond 23 has a director (Sam Mendes) and things should start rolling along toward 2011!:whip

DSCN0504.jpg

DSCN0506.jpg

It's a Frontline/Hero Heads head, Sideshow holster and gun, TTL2.0 body, watch swiped and repainted from my Brothers Production Blade Hunter, Joker DX shirt, tie, and socks, and TTL gray suit. Think it came out pretty well!

Looks great cap, I'm working on a Bond of the same recipe, same sculpt and suit.

Back