JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: OFFICIAL JAMES BOND THREAD

Why does it matter to you Greg? You have a superior sculpt and paintjob...pay the recasts no mind is what I say they'll always be out there

I know, it doesn't really matter. Or shouldn't. But it is a bit of a punch in the gut when you first see these things. Like buying a car and finding it for thousands less a week later. It happens with everything -- first adopters always pay more -- so you're right, it shouldn't really matter.

And I certainly wouldn't pass up on my opportunity for an original bbkill Connery nor inigou's Indiana Jones ... especially with Jake's hand bringing it to life.

I would certainly like Chu to give a definitive 'yes' he's going to do another run 'no' he's not. The last word was he would in June, but June has come and gone and he has no response to inquiries. Very frustrating!!

I would certainly like Chu to give a definitive 'yes' he's going to do another run 'no' he's not. The last word was he would in June, but June has come and gone and he has no response to inquiries. Very frustrating!!
He hasn't been on here in months so..I'm gonna say it would be a 'no' unfortunately. I think he'll come back eventually to offer these.

He emailed me in June saying he hoped to get to the second run "soon."

Actually I'm not seeing any of those heads being offered on ebay at the moment, so looks like they might have finally been taken down.
I think it was more sold out than taken down. Is there a possibility that bbkill sold the cast? I seem to remember Feng's Craig sculpt being sold to ttl for their gestapo figure several years ago.

Skyfall Bond
f08ad58e06e90454820fe34bfeacba64.jpg

aa2e605a1caf9c45c659e7013fd60a42.jpg

6a74f4b0bfa6fdf8640403dd9bb6681e.jpg

Don't think the guy would give himself a pay cut selling them for 1/2 of what BBkill charged.
There's a reason why a lot of artists eventually go to work for or do contract work for toy companies. They are able to produce work without having the hassle of manufacturing, shipping and listening to people complain that their emails go unanswered. Hot Toys art director Kojun used to produce his own stuff for a couple of grand a pop but also had to deal with all the hassles that come along with that level of work. I imagine he's happy being able to collect a paycheck while also distancing himself from the more mundane aspects of the work.

Wicked cool Craig!

I really would love to see your collection some day -- if you ever post pics, please let me know. You two must have an insane collection.

There's a reason why a lot of artists eventually go to work for or do contract work for toy companies. They are able to produce work without having the hassle of manufacturing, shipping and listening to people complain that their emails go unanswered. Hot Toys art director Kojun used to produce his own stuff for a couple of grand a pop but also had to deal with all the hassles that come along with that level of work. I imagine he's happy being able to collect a paycheck while also distancing himself from the more mundane aspects of the work.

So you think he bought the print from BBkill, made his copies and sold them for half of the original price?

Thanks for the link, Rob! Bookmarked!

Awesome collection so far. Just amazingly life-like. Like a little wax museum. That emaciated Bale is truly nuts!

:bow
Haha thank you sir glad you enjoy! Reznik is one of my favorites as well.

Hi, Rob!Congrats with DC!But am I right about this sculp was not relesaed for selling yet?

Last edited:

So you think he bought the print from BBkill, made his copies and sold them for half of the original price?
What I'm saying is the possibility exists that he paid bbkill a fee in order to reproduce his work. The greater possibility is he is just making copies and selling them without permission, which is a moot point since I'm pretty sure bbkill didn't have permission from Sean Connery or Barbara Broccoli to use the likeness in the first place.

Back