JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: OFFICIAL JAMES BOND THREAD

You guys probably don't want to watch Fury Road if you're not a fan of dropped frames and the Keystone Kops.

Never seen either. But dropped frames are okay when it's not so obviously done...I'm thinking of the Moonraker scene with the spinning centrifuge thing. I've read that was sped up with dropped frames, and I would never had known if it wasn't pointed out to me. I've done it in a couple of editing projects with pretty good success. It was almost a stylistic choice, though, in a lot of the Connery films, and I didn't care for the style of it, if that makes sense. It was just very obviously done...almost on purpose.

I'd like to see a Bond action sequence set to the Benny Hill theme song :lol

Nice to see so much Brosnan love. I liked him a lot more as a kid. But I'd put Connery, Dalton, and Craig all above him today. I don't dislike him but it doesn't help only one of his four movies is great. I can't stand Moore or his movies. I must admit I've never actually sat and watched a Moore film straight through apart from LALD. I usually turn the channel or just find something other to do than watch TV. I haven't seen OHMSS so can't comment on Lazenby. But can he be worse than Moore? Not so sure.

I'd like to see a Bond action sequence set to the Benny Hill theme song [emoji38]

Nice to see so much Brosnan love. I liked him a lot more as a kid. But I'd put Connery, Dalton, and Craig all above him today. I don't dislike him but it doesn't help only one of his four movies is great. I can't stand Moore or his movies. I must admit I've never actually sat and watched a Moore film straight through apart from LALD. I usually turn the channel or just find something other to do than watch TV. I haven't seen OHMSS so can't comment on Lazenby. But can he be worse than Moore? Not so sure.
Lazenby was pretty bad. His performance felt like he was just copying Connery. He failed. I'm not a huge Moore fan, but he at least made the role his own.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I actually really like OHMSS and bought it on DVD today. If you think of it as a stand alone film and judge it on its own merits, I think it stands up rather well. I've always thought it unfair to constantly judge it against the Connery or Moore films. I got very tired of the Moore movies as they were forever being trotted out by the ITV network during holidays. After a while, even the Connery movies didn't get a look in over these. I can barely remember when OHMSS or any of the Dalton movies were on TV. They're fond of the Craig movies now though.

I thought Fury Road was really damn cool myself, although I've never been a diehard Mad Max fan so I'm not as invested in the character (and how he is or isn't used) as others here may be.

It's a great movie if you're a Charlize Theron Fan. Tom Hardy should get a Best Supporting Actor nomination.
Yeah definitely. Even the lack of lines from hardy didn't bother me. But its like theron is the main star of the film.
Ouch.... This hurts me to the bone, sir.
ah mate...maybe I need to give it another go. I'm sad to say I turned it off part way through and it takes a lot for me to do that with a film. I always try to find some reason to continue watching a poor film, but this I just couldn't get into in any way.

Last edited:

Although this is the Bond thread, since we're discussing Fury Road, I have to throw this out there:

Watch "The Rover" (2014). Far, far, far superior film. Hardy has nothing on Pearce. Just saying.

Anyone going to pre-order this new head sculpt?

12246877_476227719222982_241004535632729441_n.jpg

Head looks bit oversized...How much?250 painted?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Still a huge work in progress, but I think I can make the suit work despite some of its inadequacies.

hrnTcoXJXjUjQ6NG9B1aoq6Pn1Ml4hS7uAf8mqmDL7zP4OGKMSrv3uJvT4tbQB1CCqXu8TefZPqjszFNaOrFtl6QTfS65pJx_zcM2txEGP4_oem1DpialerLTUslGi168Ny-fIDGMIjyvNL1ECG2umPvAcdOjUu9X2ETqSKC3U0eZ1Jui-2e06z_zyYjFoWZ-Kc8EAKwex6dtZYbLS0ES3Vbm2RZ771AHYJvKYhZzQ5ab2OPe7Z-YZOgcg7PiJHn3RFOR2kNLQi-0fluEtNGBtcTzmWRhQTtDuYmEkKJgJfYW3baj4TdihWu6OQ-f5MHomhZ6arNTl7BV83G1nJiEYpcoKReQzOpR4E2e0vQXDiX9eUro5zvSBTPmHe8A0XHxca0Rrh_p1z66WBGGP4JhfSDOetFouEvPhywfw0JNdPJolT4kbphshWkrId1yV6o52cVUe3WA4idt8Dxvy7WPtSqK9Z6GVP8pI5QvdJ7mAuxPq-UfhgrIza4hhBfDkOX211FgLxoBpdbgfbYPU5SRC81ZlUEvmncSxEPd7cvR9g=w603-h951-no

Trying to replicate this scene:
j8l6k3.jpg

Back