JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: OFFICIAL JAMES BOND THREAD

Great bash Phil!

Received my roadshow bond today! Not a bad headsculpt at all in terms of quality. The likeness i'd give a 6/10. Very tempted to get it repainted, the eyebrows are throwing it a lot.

I recieved my first Sideshow figure today, a Die Another Day Pierce Brosnan, my favourite Bond. :yess:

The box is in slightly worse condition than the seller specified, but I'm happy with it. The only thing I can't work out is how to correctly put the holster on him. Can anyone help? :)

Great bash Phil!

Received my roadshow bond today! Not a bad headsculpt at all in terms of quality. The likeness i'd give a 6/10. Very tempted to get it repainted, the eyebrows are throwing it a lot.

Yeah, 6 would cover it. The thing you wonder is whether we'll ever get one we can rate higher.

I know we've gone on about Daniel Craig a fair bit recently, but, do you think a quest for a really good Connery sculpt is equally warranted!?

I'd kill for either, there have been few noteworthy Seans done over the years, even now people still recast the SSC one.

I recieved my first Sideshow figure today, a Die Another Day Pierce Brosnan, my favourite Bond. :yess:

The box is in slightly worse condition than the seller specified, but I'm happy with it. The only thing I can't work out is how to correctly put the holster on him. Can anyone help? :)

Is that the shoulder holster!?

I'm not even sure how the one on Connery works let alone anyone else's!

I think that was the standard Bond watch for sideshow? I have it on my Pearce Brosnan, it looks amazing in that pic, like rel metal nd very detailed but in real life its just a silly little rubber thing.

But again looks great there.

You mention the watch there, if the Dr No Bond came with it then I have a horrible feeling I painted it black to use on a Jack Bauer bash, DOH!!

Lighting is your friend!

But now I want to shoot the head in various lighting setups to see if I can't sway you. I've had the Andy B sculpt, the Loading Toys knock-off...I think this one is it for me...

You're welcome to and we'll see.....

Have just received Iraqesd1's Daniel Craig headsculpt and it is a thing of absolute beauty, although it's bloody huge as people have been saying!

I was wondering if, with your collective years of experience and trained eye, you guys could recommend a body for him that would make his head look less big, but still fit a Bond type suit.

Other people seem to have put large heads on large shouldered bodies, however I can't find any non-narrow shoulder truetype bodies on eBay!

Do you know of another body type that has comparatively large shoulders?

A boardmember mocked one up on an ACI body (see attached): https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330607668134

I also saw this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130576597229

Thanks for your help,

Ben

Just having a wander through the thread and spotted your post. I have that sculpt and will try it on an ACE Mk1 body. The body looks like this:

3.jpg

Here it is next to a Soldier Story S2:

ssaceheadswap13.jpg

Looks beefy enough to me, though I do worry about clothes. Both the bodies you linked to are essentially the same size as TT's and the head looks too big on one. You can fit an HT neck adapter to it so the head will go on.

I'll mock up my head on my ACE Mk1 when I get it so you can see what you think.

Oh well, I got the ACE Mk1 earlier, tried it, and....

Nope, sorry, Adam's head is too big even for that body. It's not even worth posting pics. Bit disappointed, but, never mind, I still have a Craig custom that will tide me over till Denny and co or perhaps BBKill get their fingers out.

Who knows, I could even resort to Roadshow....

EDIT: I did in the end, I may as well have something I like and can use!

Last edited:

after size debate with my headplay head i switched bodies to a sideshow and i think this is just about right now
opinions?
12i.jpg

Yeah, getting there. If that's a Prometheus the problem now is height. The best Craig body with the right head is the Narrow TT. ACI do a close body to it if you're worried about your budget.

Last edited:

yes prometheus, ive been looking at aci/ttl bodies as well, thanks

I think the ACI would be best out of those two, but I mean the one that looks like a TT and not the Andrew, the head wouldn't fit that.

Well, I got my Roadshow head earlier, and...

Hmmm, it's one of those where you know something is off, but you just can't put your finger on any one thing. The likeness is sort of there, but it's not and I think it might be a bit on the small side.

Whatever, I'll persevere and post pics when he's all done. It's definitely a stop-gap till a better one comes out. I have the highest hopes for Denny's still.

Reducing the dark circles around the eyes helped for me. If I were better at painting I'd make the eyes a bit brighter blue. I think the head feels okay on the True type narrow, but the neck feels a wee bit too long.

Yeah, I hear you.

I too can't do much with the eyes, but, I did lighten the hair, the eyebrows and brightened up the areas around his eyes.

I think futzing the shirt collar helps the neck. I'm waiting for a bow tie from 7Toys7 and will post the finished figure when I'm done.

As a whole the sculpt is growing on me

Nothing new just trying to replicate the PF. Need a good watch.

PICT0014.jpg

Very nice,

There used to be loads of Bond style watches at one point, and now the majority of them are the gold Bruce Lee watch.

Let us know what you find and where you find it

hey, gang...longtime James Bond fan, new to the board.

Been scooping up a lot of Sideshow Bond on ebay, as I had a lack of funds when they originally came out. For the most part, had been getting some real good deals before excitement started to build up for Skyfall. Got all the villains except Tee Hee, and as for the rest of what I want, have lost several auctions tracking down Q. Oh well, there will be more chances in between movies!

Anyway, I had a few questions about custom figures:

are there any headsculpts out there(sculpted,from other lines, or close enough resemblances) of any Bond film actors that would make good custom fodder? I got the Dragon Oberst Hessler head for a Grant custom, and ive seen a few custom heads perusing this thread (saw a great Pleasance Blofeld and Goldfinger!), but does anyone know of any others? Ive been thinking over how to tackle a few of my favorite missing characters in 12in form: Baron Samedi and Max Zorin come to mind first. Anyone seen any custom attempts on these characters out there?

Any custom 1:6 accesories out there that would go with the Bond collection?

Thanks! I'll be posting some pics of my collection soon!

Back