JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: OFFICIAL JAMES BOND THREAD

Looks great,

I remember a while back that people went ape over vinyl kits like that. I have a Rimmer from Red Dwarf done in that style.

Oh right, Mad!

Haven't seen that around for ages, not many magazine sellers where I am get that.

Get a load of this:

https://www.toy-world.com.hk/forum/viewthread.php?action=printable&tid=33568

danielcraig01.jpg

I thought it was Adam's when I first saw it, but if you look through the thread, it isn't. From what I could tell the guy isn't offering it for sale, do you think we could convince him!?

That's a good sculpt! Better than most ive seen But even better paint job.. damn how are thereso many GREAT painters out there?

But I still think Dennys or BBkills is a better sculpt despite that so I'd rather lean on them.

Yeah, the thing with DC sculpts so far is that the best ones are the ones that don't see the light of day.

There must be so many talented sculptors out there that don't know what to do with their talent. If only they knew how much they could make out of the likes of us!

Decent sculpt, looks a lot like one by Z, is it? I can't tell when viewing the thread on my iPhone. His Jason Statham is amazing.

Well, I got my Adam DC head earlier. You are right, it is big, I have an ACE Mk1 body on the way and will try it on that.

As a piece of sculpture I can't fault it, one of the nicest heads I've ever seen. As a 1/6 Daniel Craig head, well..................

Let's hope that Denny comes through for us

Pretty happy with the Roadshow sculpt. I tweaked the paint and kitbashed with some other pieces on a TT.

BondRS-1.jpg

BondRS-2.jpg

I think what's clear to me at this point is that we never will! For my money, this had the best scale, best casting and best skin texture of all the offerings, and the resemblance is really good, esp. in hand.

That's fair enough, far be it from me to knock anyone for liking what they like. I just think that we've reached the point where a mere resemblance doesn't cut it like it used to.

There is talent enough out there to knock many a sculpt out of the park. I just wish it wasn't all in the hands of mega buck manufacturers.

Jacket/shirt: Loading Toys Dangerous Man
Jeans unknown
Boots: Hot Toys Clark Kent
Gun: Unknown
Watch: Sideshow!

And what I meant by "skin texture" wasn't the sculpt, but rather the material the head is cast in. Very Hot Toys.

I didn't take it as a knock, Roger! I understand the itch - it has to be the way you want it!

I agree with Roger as it's not a knock out sculpt but it is better than the Dangerous man, which still isn't saying much i guess but if you saw the basic loading toys set as was you can see what an upgrade Phils bash is.

I think that was the standard Bond watch for sideshow? I have it on my Pearce Brosnan, it looks amazing in that pic, like rel metal nd very detailed but in real life its just a silly little rubber thing.

But again looks great there.

Lighting is your friend!

But now I want to shoot the head in various lighting setups to see if I can't sway you. I've had the Andy B sculpt, the Loading Toys knock-off...I think this one is it for me...

Back