James Cameron's AVATAR A.M.P. Suit Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WHAT! Did I miss something! Are you telling me we are gonna have to end up waiting an entire year for this thing to come out? Isnt it supposed to be June?

bad form. I dont get it. Sideshows newsletter a couple weeks ago showed June shipping. What could possibly make them tack on another 4 to 6 months. Crazy

i'm starting to wonder what the ammo link is going to be made of. I hope its not plastic like the HT ammo belt.

So its a bunch of pieces you put together. Kinda like a glorified amp toy from Walmart...lol. Except much bigger. Looking at the size of the thing next to the hands in the pdf file. Its huge! At least you can display without Quarich rather easily for those who arent crazy about his likeness in the piece.

i contacted sideshow about the delay and this is the answer..

The expected arrival date of the Avatar Amp Suite Maquette has been updated to the fourth quarter of 2010. Occasionally, the completed production of an item is delayed while we work with the factory to get the final result just right. When this occurs, the item status is updated on our website and through our Newsletter.

The expected arrival date of the Avatar Amp Suite Maquette has been updated to the fourth quarter of 2010. Occasionally, the completed production of an item is delayed while we work with the factory to get the final result just right. When this occurs, the item status is updated on our website and through our Newsletter.

They wrote me back the very same

If the delay is actually to improve the quality, I'd say delay away, get it right.

Has anyone looked at the assembly instructions? I noticed the paint apps look a little lesser than that of the gallery pics. The dirt on the feet and general weathering look much more mass produced. At least thats my first impression. Am I wrong? I mean, Its not enough to look bad but Im almost expecting perfection for the price and wait ya know...

Back